British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   As this Board is ecending into an Inferno of crap-here's some more... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/board-ecending-into-inferno-crap-heres-some-more-650890/)

Eva Jan 23rd 2010 5:59 pm

As this Board is ecending into an Inferno of crap-here's some more...

Crescendo-Inferno...get it Dante?

Sorry, sidetracked there.Anyhoo.........

I met this couple today. By chance. It wasn’t scheduled or a business appointment.
They left their mark on me.
One seemed to fit like a jigsaw piece into the bend of the other
as we sat drinking coffee and chatting. Trite innocuous exchanges,banal even. Still I wasn’t supposed to be there and they weren’t supposed to be there. They were a couple, no doubt. He hung on her every word and seemed not to know what her next line would be but waited in awe to hear it. Let me put that another way: she hung on his every word and waited in awe to hear it.
They were demonstrative with their expression and vibrant-their eyes were vibrant.I marvelled at their connection- Me, the observer, a product of a fractured relationship and a statistic of divorce and my niece, the Psychology Grad who in pursuit of more Juicy Couture was impatient to leave.
I wanted to know what their secret was.
I asked them. They didn’t have a theory or a paper on it.
Married for 41 years to each other and still loved up.
Gawd…41 years ?? To each other…
That’s lucky!
Or is it?
Is it luck or karma or hard work and determination.
What say you?

(I was shopping with my niece and parked up at a store.
Got out of the car to find a wallet/pocketbook lying in my lot.
Being a nosey bitch, opened it and found personal cards

including credit and medic-one which indicated owner was regular dialysis patient. I know too well the major inconvenience
when a credit card is cancelled so I thought it would be nice seeing as how he had the kidney shit going on- to call the guy and say not to cancel I’ll bring it round. It wasn’t very far anyway.
I met two lovely people. )

So what say you ...lucky? signed up so see it through? meant for each other?
After 41years,will you married people still not know everything about each other do you suppose?

Eva Jan 23rd 2010 6:00 pm

Re: As this Board is ecending into an Inferno of crap-here's some more...

The missing D..........

Bijilo123 Jan 23rd 2010 7:56 pm

A nice story - but are you suggesting the wife was unaware of the husband's dialasis - it is not a criticism or expression of disbilief but I'd be amazed!

Eva Jan 23rd 2010 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Bijilo123 (Post 8276070)
A nice story - but are you suggesting the wife was unaware of the husband's dialasis - it is not a criticism or expression of disbilief but I'd be amazed!

Oh God..I think I'm careful with my punctution and expression but I am so loooooooooooooooong outta school.
No no she knew fine about the kidney thing...I thought finding a card like that was red alert! .....I also knew cancelling credit card was major hassle.
I called the number; they were sweet............ra ra ramollah Lady Gaga
x

Roadking Jan 24th 2010 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 8276097)
Oh God..I think I'm careful with my punctution and expression but I am so loooooooooooooooong outta school.
No no she knew fine about the kidney thing...I thought finding a card like that was red alert! .....I also knew cancelling credit card was major hassle.
I called the number; they were sweet............ra ra ramollah Lady Gaga
x

Have you been on the glue again?

Hello.Kitty Jan 24th 2010 5:34 am

well, wasn't there the longest-married couple in the world, married for over 70 years or something and when asked, the chap said the secret was just 2 words... "yes dear"

Anyhow, yeah, I think it's possible. My in-laws have just celebrated their 50th anniversary and my own parents (the only ones of all their siblings not to have divorced at least once) are soon to be racking up 40 years together.

GrecoRomano Jan 25th 2010 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 8275863)

I met this couple today. By chance. It wasn’t scheduled or a business appointment.
as we sat drinking coffee and chatting. Trite innocuous exchanges,banal even. Still I wasn’t supposed to be there and they weren’t supposed to be there. They were a couple, no doubt. He hung on her every word and seemed not to know what her next line would be but waited in awe to hear it. Let me put that another way: she hung on his every word and waited in awe to hear it.
They were demonstrative with their expression and vibrant-their eyes were vibrant.I marvelled at their connection- Me, the observer, a product of a fractured relationship and a statistic of divorce and my niece, the Psychology Grad who in pursuit of more Juicy Couture was impatient to leave.
That’s lucky!
Or is it?
What say you?

including credit and medic-one which indicated owner was regular dialysis patient. I know too well the major inconvenience
when a credit card is cancelled so I thought it would be nice seeing as how he had the kidney shit going on- to call the guy and say not to cancel I’ll bring it round. It wasn’t very far anyway.

After 41years,will you married people still not know everything about each other do you suppose?

As soon as you realize that it is a job, and that you have signed for it without anyone forcing you, and you start putting effort in it, everything should go smooth (I'm experimenting with punctuation, yes).

Otherwise, plan B: "Chance and Necessity", by Jacques Monod (1970)

The Dean Jan 25th 2010 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 8275863)

That’s lucky!
Or is it?
What say you?

41 years?? If he'd murdered her, he would have been out by now........ :huh:

littlejimmy Jan 25th 2010 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8280887)
41 years?? If he'd murdered her, he would have been out by now........ :huh:

He could nearly have murdered her 3 times and been out by now.