British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   BMW X3 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/bmw-x3-668041/)

Bahtatboy May 13th 2010 6:18 am

BMW X3

'Er in doors needs a new car in the UK. New model X3 meets the criteria. I've heard that the ride isn't to everyone's taste--we'll go for the SE which shouldn't be as crashy as a Sport might be. Anybody have any experience of this model? (And yes, of course we'll test drive it and form our own opinion, but I'd like to hear others' experiences.)

Roadking May 13th 2010 6:21 am

Re: BMW X3

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go. This says it all...

Bahtatboy May 13th 2010 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8562250)
Here you go. This says it all...

I only ask 1 or 2 questions a year on this forum and some jaundiced bald bloke with a penile-subtitute throbbing between his legs attempts some humour. What is this place coming to?

Roadking May 13th 2010 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8562275)
I only ask 1 or 2 questions a year on this forum....

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/x...flSmileyLJ.gif

Madam Medusa May 13th 2010 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8562246)
'Er in doors needs a new car in the UK. New model X3 meets the criteria. I've heard that the ride isn't to everyone's taste--we'll go for the SE which shouldn't be as crashy as a Sport might be. Anybody have any experience of this model? (And yes, of course we'll test drive it and form our own opinion, but I'd like to hear others' experiences.)

i had the X5 and wasn't very impressed at all...can't imagine the X3 will be any different...lots of things went wrong with it, and service is a bit of a joke (luckily a previous be poster was the service manager so helped with a few things...), really don't think i'd get another beemer here, which is a shame as i fancy the X6...

MM, xx

Bahtatboy May 13th 2010 7:07 am

BTW, Roadking anagrams to Rag On, Kid!:p

Roadking May 13th 2010 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8562317)
BTW, Roadking anagrams to Rag On, Kid!:p

:p

Bahtatboy May 13th 2010 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8562315)
i had the X5 and wasn't very impressed at all...can't imagine the X3 will be any different...lots of things went wrong with it, and service is a bit of a joke (luckily a previous be poster was the service manager so helped with a few things...), really don't think i'd get another beemer here, which is a shame as i fancy the X6...

MM, xx

I thought they had a good reliability record... Actually that's one of the prime criteria, seeing as I'm out here and she's back there. Unfortunately she believes her 10-year old Toyota now runs the risk of becoming unreliable. (Which is a very Japanese view, because nobody wants a 10+ year-old car in Japan coz they have to have an MOT every year instead of every 2 years.) The current Toyota range leaves me cold (truly awful cluthless manual gearbox). And "the badge" at the tennis club is also a factor, much to my distaste.:(

Madam Medusa May 13th 2010 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8562328)
I thought they had a good reliability record... Actually that's one of the prime criteria, seeing as I'm out here and she's back there. Unfortunately she believes her 10-year old Toyota now runs the risk of becoming unreliable. (Which is a very Japanese view, because nobody wants a 10+ year-old car in Japan coz they have to have an MOT every year instead of every 2 years.) The current Toyota range leaves me cold (truly awful cluthless manual gearbox). And "the badge" at the tennis club is also a factor, much to my distaste.:(

oh is she in the uk...reckon it would be fine there, the ones here aren't quite the same quality, our air con was a major disaster the whole time we had it...

have to say, i'd go for the X5 over the X3 if i had a choice...

MM, xx

Bahtatboy May 13th 2010 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8562331)
oh is she in the uk...reckon it would be fine there, the ones here aren't quite the same quality, our air con was a major disaster the whole time we had it...

have to say, i'd go for the X5 over the X3 if i had a choice...

MM, xx

That sounds better! So long as the a/c works 3 days a year and the heater the other 362 should be ok. X5 bigger than she needs and too thirsty for my green conscience.

Thanks for the advice:D

flares May 13th 2010 7:23 am

the answer is a Wolwo XC60

Madam Medusa May 13th 2010 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 8562342)
That sounds better! So long as the a/c works 3 days a year and the heater the other 362 should be ok. X5 bigger than she needs and too thirsty for my green conscience.

Thanks for the advice:D

ahh...yeah, uk and petrol costs as well...it'll be fine there, sure the service will be better too if there are any issues...

MM, xx

Roadking May 13th 2010 7:47 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 8562347)
the answer is a Wolwo XC60

Yep, I'd second that but I'd go for the UK version; Volvo XC60!

GuyinUAE May 14th 2010 7:29 am

Leave the X3 alone, the new X1 will be a much better proposition. Had X3's back home, 3.0 Sport....drinks fuel, 3.0i drinks fuel with marginally better ride, 2.0d manual, fuel economy OK, ride crap, gearbox tiresome. Volvo is dull and not as good as they like to make out. Want value for money and reliability? RAV4 would be the smart choice.

Roadking May 14th 2010 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by GuyinUAE (Post 8564488)
Leave the X3 alone, the new X1 will be a much better proposition. Had X3's back home, 3.0 Sport....drinks fuel, 3.0i drinks fuel with marginally better ride, 2.0d manual, fuel economy OK, ride crap, gearbox tiresome. Volvo is dull and not as good as they like to make out. Want value for money and reliability? RAV4 would be the smart choice.

Hahahaha, nice one! Toyota in the UK, hahahahaha....

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/x...kes/Toyota.jpg