blind spot

Old Nov 15th 2017, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: blind spot

Originally Posted by mission
well folks, i've taken the plunge and agreed to the purchase

Congrats

Its been a long gestation period - I feel like an early cigar now with the expected delivery in 2 weeks
Old Nov 15th 2017, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Congrats

Its been a long gestation period - I feel like an early cigar now with the expected delivery in 2 weeks
no it hasn't lol - i only mentioned the new car last week!!
Old Nov 15th 2017, 12:03 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

BAHTA i thought you were based in Morocco?
I work here, but family's at home in UK. Bahtatgirl was fed up with the nearly-10-year old X3 (bloody tyre pressure warning light kept coming on and even BMW couldn't sort it), so I pushed her into getting the 435D as our joint car for when I go back in a year or so (I was thinking something normal for her, and a toy for me, but the 435 sort of combines the two). Probably wasn't the best choice coz she's the opposite of a petrolhead, but at least something makes me smile each leave, and it's very practical.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

yep the bright blue one - apparently its a unique colour for just the M2, MX5 and MX6. The other colour options were white, black and grey.

Good choice, although you can't go too far wrong with black.

When i got my M235i i didn't have to run it in and so i am hoping with the M2 it's the same thing. When i got the Golf GTi and R, i had to run it both to 1k km
I'd run anything in for a 1,000km anyway. Just from a mechanical sympathy point of view. I appreciate tolerances are a lot better in modern engines but things still need to relax, bearings bed in, heat and contract. Whats 1,000km anyway? A decent weekend or two driving your new beast about?

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
with the back-end being quite snappy. Enjoy!
Snappy is likely to be an understatement. RWD cars with such short wheelbases need to be respected as the the rear end will break a lot more suddenly than longer wheel base cars. A friend had a highly tuned M1 and said it was not something to be driven hard when not fully concentrating as it could bite you in the arse. No lazy arse hanging out moments in something so short. To a point it kind of negates the benefits a RWD car gives you.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 1:26 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
All this while driving 80kmph in the fast lane in your Nissan Sunny?
Camry
White
GCC
a Mule if there is one and will probably sell for exactly how much I paid for it even after driving it for 2 years
Like I said man, I have been driving since I was 14, have done epic and monumental road trips and have done border to border (all 4) in Pakistan just for the heck of it (car as well as bike - I was always a bike guy anyway). Honestly, it hasnt got that charm in it for me anymore. Unless its on a track. Which actually gives me a great idea....
Old Nov 15th 2017, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Probably wasn't the best choice coz she's the opposite of a petrolhead, but at least something makes me smile each leave, and it's very practical.
Bit rough talking about batgirl like that.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the mirrors adjusted properly there should be no blind spot. If you can see any part of your car in the door mirrors they’re set wrong.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

well folks, i've taken the plunge and agreed to the purchase
i will be signing the paper work tomorrow and will handover my car...i then fly home to the UK on friday and when i get back on 27/11 i'll be able to pick up the spanking brand new car. The car actually only just arrived in the country today, so timing wise it's all worked out nicely...Mashallaah.
Well done you...congratulations and enjoy when you get back!
Old Nov 16th 2017, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk
If you have the mirrors adjusted properly there should be no blind spot. If you can see any part of your car in the door mirrors they’re set wrong.
really? that's interesting, because i always set my side mirrors so that i see at least a little of my car in them so that i can then gauge how far or near the other car in the mirror is

Originally Posted by Dubaiexile
Well done you...congratulations and enjoy when you get back!
thank you yaar
Old Nov 16th 2017, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

really? that's interesting, because i always set my side mirrors so that i see at least a little of my car in them so that i can then gauge how far or near the other car in the mirror is
100% with you on that. I need a sliver of door so I know no bellend has bashed it.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
100% with you on that. I need a sliver of door so I know no bellend has bashed it.
If someone touches the car whilst you’re in it you’ll know and unless they’re wafer thin it’s unlikely they wouldn’t be caught in your peripheral vision of the mirror in any case.

Setup the rear view mirror properly then take a mark some distance in from the left and right edges. Adjust the door mirrors so that the inside edge just overlaps with the mark you mentally formed on the rear view mirror. Now there’s essentially nothing you’ll miss and no blind spot.