Blackberry v's IPhone

Old Dec 7th 2010, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice
Default Blackberry v's IPhone

Can someone explain why Blackberry's are supposedly better business phones the IPhone??
Due to excessive data bills while travelling, I have just bought my 2nd Blackberry...I gave the 1st away after 2 days! I HATE it!! it is hard to operate, mail messages do not display as well as they do on the IP and to cap it all, I can only access data (mails and internet) about twice a day here in the UK....I want to like it, I really do, but I cannot see for the life of my why anyone would choose one over the IPhone.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blackberry v's IPhone

I just can't convince myself that the touchscreen would be able to cope with the amount of emails I send. I have the horrible feeling that eventually it just could workout whether you wanted a "uiojkln or m". If I'm wrong, I'll get an iphone tomorrow, it's so shiny and pretty...., the gaffer already does, but doesn't appear to have to send that many emails for whatever reason....

the buttons on the blackberry just make it feel more reliable. the interweb must be about the same as it all works off the same mobile network?
Old Dec 8th 2010, 2:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

the big debate to iPhone or not to iPhone. My husband had a blackberry, given to him from work. He used it for about 15 months, I tried to use it on many occasion but found the keys to fiddly so I bought an iPhone 3GS. Husband got an iPhone 4 and gave the company their blackberry back, only to find that the boss and all the management had all bought iPhones as well! I love mine, find it really easy to use, no problem sending e mails, first couple of days were a test adjusting to touch screen but I absolutely love it.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Purdey is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Max the Dog
Can someone explain why Blackberry's are supposedly better business phones the IPhone??
Due to excessive data bills while travelling, I have just bought my 2nd Blackberry...I gave the 1st away after 2 days! I HATE it!! it is hard to operate, mail messages do not display as well as they do on the IP and to cap it all, I can only access data (mails and internet) about twice a day here in the UK....I want to like it, I really do, but I cannot see for the life of my why anyone would choose one over the IPhone.
I think it ultimately comes down to personal preference. I just moved to ip4 after years with BB and I would still opt for BB if I was dealing with a lot of emails that had to be answered daily just because of the keypad. Otherwise ip4 is better in every way except as a phone.
But why can you only access data twice a day in UK?
Old Dec 8th 2010, 4:24 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I've had both, albeit the BB was some time ago. The only thing I'd swap my iPhone4 for would be Megan Fox, and even then I'd have to think about it.

It has a truly indestructable feel about it--I can't imagine the touch screen failing (my two teenage sons have them, and they get well n truly abused--the phone jack on the iP3 isn't very reliable, but we've never had any problems with the touch screen). The screen is made of super-tough glass, like you get on induction hobs: its also incredibly tactile. Plus you can re-size the keyboard, which is great for people who need reading glasses but don't always have them to hand.

Plus the iPhone has the ability to add a gazillion apps, which makes it so much more than just a phone + email device.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

BB for me.

Straight up phone, email, internet device.

Waste enough time on BE and FB. I'd spend more time knobbing around with I-phone apps.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Have got the new BB. Love it. Have an Itouch though for music and apps. BB is for work and i prefer it muchly... It's just feels more grown up (but by using the term 'grown up' you can tell how mature i am).
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:37 am
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

I have both and I think my blackberry sucks compared to my iphone. The blackberry is also less hardy. Already there are bits that don't work and I've only had it since the middle of august. Crapola.

I love my iphone and can't imagine life without it. Really. Slick, user friendly, TONS of very useful apps as well as random fun ones, great games too (love doodlejump). and if I fancy an album, bam, there it is ready to be played in a few moments. Before I had one I was a bit sneery but I'm a total convert and embarrassed about my previous sneeriness.

Using the internet on the blackberry is sooooooooo shite.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

Originally Posted by lullabelle
I have both and I think my blackberry sucks compared to my iphone. The blackberry is also less hardy. Already there are bits that don't work and I've only had it since the middle of august. Crapola.

I love my iphone and can't imagine life without it. Really. Slick, user friendly, TONS of very useful apps as well as random fun ones, great games too (love doodlejump). and if I fancy an album, bam, there it is ready to be played in a few moments. Before I had one I was a bit sneery but I'm a total convert and embarrassed about my previous sneeriness.

Using the internet on the blackberry is sooooooooo shite.
Agree 100%!