Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Black American's don't swim?

Black American's don't swim?

Old Apr 16th 2012, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

NurseNinja is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Black American's don't swim?

I would imagine this is a simple reflection of poverty demographics in the united states, because if nothing else swimming pools, the time to do it and swimming lessons are all luxury items. maybe also its a 'case of out of site out of mind' if you and your mother dont swim are you really going to think "I gotta teach my kid to swim" ?
Old Apr 16th 2012, 8:38 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Imnothavinit
Especially not an Americanized one. A little too uppity for my taste.

I'm not havin it
You are asking for it.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:25 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't have joined the middle east forum if I had known that there would be American sympathisers around. Did no one tell you that they are infidels, no matter whether they are black or white they are all going to hell. Good riddance if you ask me I never did like Bob Hope.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:36 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Although MissAnneThrope grossly oversimplified and skimped over the genetics issue by using lots of vague academic jargon to scare off her opponents as a good liberal would do, the reason why black Americans don't swim have nothing to do with genetics but with socio-ecnomic and education reasons.

Blacks in American are disproportionally poorer and are also more likely to be poorly educated. The article provided by Meow mentioned that six black children drowned because they jumped into the water to save their friend. Sadly this type of situation has happened before and it's almost always black children / young adults. Perhaps whites who are more likely to be better educated due to socio-economic factors, wouldn't jump after a drowning friend en-masse like lemmings but instead run for an adult, call for help, etc. The panicked group mentality among these unfortunate kids is reflective of a lack of education, leadership and capabilities that is a result of their relatively deprived backgrounds.

Last edited by Ethos83; Apr 16th 2012 at 9:38 am.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:51 am

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Although MissAnneThrope grossly oversimplified and skimped over the genetics issue by using lots of vague academic jargon to scare off her opponents as a good liberal would do, the reason why black Americans don't swim have nothing to do with genetics but with socio-ecnomic and education reasons.

Blacks in American are disproportionally poorer and are also more likely to be poorly educated. The article provided by Meow mentioned that six black children drowned because they jumped into the water to save their friend. Sadly this type of situation has happened before and it's almost always black children / young adults. Perhaps whites who are more likely to be better educated due to socio-economic factors, wouldn't jump after a drowning friend en-masse like lemmings but instead run for an adult, call for help, etc. The panicked group mentality among these unfortunate kids is reflective of a lack of education, leadership and capabilities that is a result of their relatively deprived backgrounds.
It is a very sad story. Teens dying to try and save one is a very sad story. Going by some facts from earlier posts it is obvious that swimming lessons offered anywhere, whether in school, or after, could have made this tragic story unneeded
Old Apr 16th 2012, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Dumbo
I wouldn't have joined the middle east forum if I had known that there would be American sympathisers around. Did no one tell you that they are infidels, no matter whether they are black or white they are all going to hell. Good riddance if you ask me I never did like Bob Hope.
Too late we now have you. You are now in with the infidels, fornicators, profiteers, Evangelical Christians and worse(if possible). Rot in hell with the rest of us.(it's a load of garbage I know, nothing wrong with fornicators).
Old Apr 16th 2012, 10:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
Too late we now have you. You are now in with the infidels, fornicators, profiteers, Evangelical Christians and worse(if possible). Rot in hell with the rest of us.(it's a load of garbage I know, nothing wrong with fornicators).
Your thingy says America but are you sure you aren't based in the Middle East?

Perhaps swapping Evangelical Christianfolk with a band of Mega-Muslims?
Old Apr 16th 2012, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Scamp
Your thingy says America but are you sure you aren't based in the Middle East?

Perhaps swapping Evangelical Christianfolk with a band of Mega-Muslims?
Curses foiled again!
Old Apr 16th 2012, 11:02 am
N/A

Dumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond reputeDumbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
I have just two questions for you infidel.......is Beaverton a real place and is it as good as it sounds .
Old Apr 16th 2012, 11:05 am
N/A

OK I am going to answer my own questions, yes and yes if this is anything to go by....

Beaverstate, maybe you could start a blog like the fat busting one except yours could be titled 'Beaver from Beaverton'.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 11:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Dumbo
OK I am going to answer my own questions, yes and yes if this is anything to go by....

http://krissyallori.com/blogger/seni...r%20tracks.jpg

Beaverstate, maybe you could start a blog like the fat busting one except yours could be titled 'Beaver from Beaverton'.
6 out of 10 at best.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 12:53 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ethos83

Indeed I may have over-simplified but, let's face it, this is not the Royal Academy. I agree it is nothing at all to do with genetics which is basically what I was trying to say. But it's not all socio-economics either (and you accuse me of being a liberal after your bleeding-heart lament...). You are equally guilty of over-simplifying. There is a cultural dimension to it. As the t-shirt that gained huge popularity with African Americans in the early 1990's said:
"It's a black thing, you wouldn't understand"
Old Apr 16th 2012, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Nowhere, I was directly responding to this, thats why I quoted it in my response
And I was responding to his post about the reasons.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 3:08 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Indeed I may have over-simplified but, let's face it, this is not the Royal Academy.
That should, of course, be the Royal Society...
Old Apr 16th 2012, 3:35 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care if you are Mike Tyson or Kimbo Slice, when you say "I do" to an African American woman you're giving away your freedom. They are an entirely different species of wife and mother

You aren't a real person, are you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.