British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Bit of market research help please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/bit-market-research-help-please-707745/)

Blue Cat Mar 3rd 2011 5:28 am

Bit of market research help please

do you prefer soap or shower gel? if you prefer soap do you buy top end or supermarket soap? like Pears, Lux etc. Thanks :)

kittycat1 Mar 3rd 2011 5:34 am

Re: Bit of market research help please

shower gel- and I really like the foam burst ones. Soap dries my skin out too much (even the neutral ones) and I don't like the slimy residue you get in a soap dish- makes me gag. However, I do like pretty soaps in my guest bathroom- except I don't like my guests to use it- its just there to look pretty.

I also think the idea of soap is unhygenic- horrible memories of soap at home with pubes in it (and not mine)- urgh smilie

flares Mar 3rd 2011 5:35 am

shower gel....dettol

Ethos83 Mar 3rd 2011 5:42 am

Soap. Always buy Pears.

Have to say that when use the shower facilities after training I use the provided shower gel and my skin does feel a bit more 'cleansed.'

Blue Cat Mar 3rd 2011 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9214720)
Soap. Always buy Pears.

Have to say that when use the shower facilities after training I use the provided shower gel and my skin does feel a bit more 'cleansed.'

I am running this on twitter and interestingly men tend to prefer soap and women shower gel.

Blue Cat Mar 3rd 2011 5:54 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9214699)
shower gel- and I really like the foam burst ones. Soap dries my skin out too much (even the neutral ones) and I don't like the slimy residue you get in a soap dish- makes me gag. However, I do like pretty soaps in my guest bathroom- except I don't like my guests to use it- its just there to look pretty.

I also think the idea of soap is unhygenic- horrible memories of soap at home with pubes in it (and not mine)- urgh smilie

would you buy hand made butter soap for your guests? in nice packaging etc, I think you can see where I am coming from :)

Bahtatboy Mar 3rd 2011 6:13 am

Soap. Pears. Aided by a stiffish brush.

Always have some nice soaps around, usually nicked from the plusher hotels I stay at.

Millhouse Mar 3rd 2011 6:18 am

shower gel and wire wool. baby oil on the knackers afterwards.

I would never buy any homemade cosmetics - but that is just me, I like to know that it's properly tested in the eyes of a rabbit.

Ethos83 Mar 3rd 2011 6:21 am

Yeah. I have a large basket filled with the little bottles and soaps from hotels. I find them useful for when I travel.

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9214776)
Soap. Pears. Aided by a stiffish brush.

Always have some nice soaps around, usually nicked from the plusher hotels I stay at.

Blue Cat Mar 3rd 2011 6:22 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 9214784)
shower gel and wire wool. baby oil on the knackers afterwards.

I would never buy any homemade cosmetics - but that is just me, I like to know that it's properly tested in the eyes of a rabbit.

I was looking at a hand made product to bring in from UK but market research is showing people prefer gels anyway, though I do like a nice soap but as Bahtaboy says most people nick em from hotels

Blue Cat Mar 3rd 2011 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 9214789)
Yeah. I have a large basket filled with the little bottles and soaps from hotels. I find them useful for when I travel.

same here, last week were in AD and they had LÓccitane showergels and such, thought I had died and gone to heaven, it's my fave

commander Mar 3rd 2011 7:01 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9214699)
shower gel- and I really like the foam burst ones.

ditto, can you get these here?

Our household soap of choice is Pears..

kittycat1 Mar 3rd 2011 8:00 am

I am completely sold by packaging and a bit of a nice smell- Im a fruity girl, more red berries (notstrawberry) than orangey smells though- I hate Lush- chokes me as soon as I walk in the store- which after my first experience is now never! Otherwise I use scentless stuff like Dove if my skin is sensitive or if Im wearing perfume. I prefer brands such as body shop/bath and body for smelly stuff for everyday as its nicer smelling then radox stuff or any of the supermarket stocked brands.

Commander I saw them in Waitrose once but bought some when I went home so am using it sparingly!

Blue Cat Mar 3rd 2011 8:02 am

you might be interested in something that I am working on in that case, it is all fruits, creams etc will tell you more when I/if I get it confirmed up :) see FB thought for scents

Madam Medusa Mar 3rd 2011 11:10 am

i like foam burst for the shower, and molton brown for the bath...stock the guest bathroom up with that and lotions from soap and glory, which is one of my faves...

don't know why, but i'm not a fan of those "homemade soaps"...look good (well, sometimes), but are rubbish when you try to use them...

hasn't lush just opened here, that would presumably be a benchmark for pricing and also a major competitior...

MM, xx