Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Bison For Priminister Of Britain

Bison For Priminister Of Britain

Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:31 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bison For Priminister Of Britain

Firstly I know I spelt Prime Minister incorrectly, I was typing to fast....

I am not deluded, I seriously have some good solutions to help GB get back on it's feet.

There are nearly 2 million people jobless in the UK now

Send home migrant workers and force companies to employ British workers over migrant workers.

The construction industry is collapsing, there are thousands of empty homes in the UK and there is a shortage of housing for the underprivelaged

Government to buy up all the empty houses, construction workers (British of course) would be employed to renovate them and they should be used as Council houses which would ease the shortage of available housing for the less fortunate.

That's just a few ideas of the top of my head.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:55 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bison For Priminister Of Britain

Is that not what is happeneing in the UAE? maybe not as blatent as you say though...........Enoch
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:05 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Wouldn't it be nice if all Governments were as nationalist as you. There would be no such thing as British Expats.com as the UAE would only employ locals.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:11 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't it be nice if all Governments were as nationalist as you. There would be no such thing as British Expats.com as the UAE would only employ locals.
I think in times as hard as these, when people back home, friends, family etc are struggling like f**k to make ends meet, then drastic action needs to be taken.

It's all well and good having these migrant workers when things are going well and everyone has jobs and the economy is thriving, but when it's totally ****ed and the solution I am suggesting is plausable, then why not?

It's a great Idea and you know it.

Bison
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Bison - you seem to be in with the news - or at least you post alot...

With regards to what you propose.... i was reading somewhere here that a company had so many jobs, a few hundred anyway but were employing NO british workers! there was workers mentioned from spain, hungry, poland to name a few.... Something to do with the price of labour...

bit mental really
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:34 pm
W10

And you say all of these things without the slightest hint of irony?

You are without doubt, my favourite BE poster ever.

Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:14 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
And you say all of these things without the slightest hint of irony?

You are without doubt, my favourite BE poster ever.
yeah, but your realise that'd put an end to take away curries and chinese... can the British public live without their chicken chow mein?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
yeah, but your realise that'd put an end to take away curries and chinese... can the British public live without their chicken chow mein?
...and their nurses, taxi drivers, construction workers and other professions that Britons would't touch with a barge pole.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:36 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
...and their nurses, taxi drivers, construction workers and other professions that Britons would't touch with a barge pole.
of course!

Last edited by Hello.Kitty; Jan 21st 2009 at 1:39 pm. Reason: text removed to avoid any potential for a sense of humour bypass
Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
I maybe mistaken but are you referring to brits working in the above jobs? If so you are incorrect. I know plenty of brits who are nurses, taxi drivers, cleaners etc...
Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:39 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

I think Bison would make a great PM, as long as he has to live there for ever!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:44 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
Send home migrant workers and force companies to employ British workers over migrant workers.
Nice idea but most of the Brits are bloody lazy and won't easy be made to jobs they see as demeaning or low paid. The idea might work with skilled professionals - there would be few of them heading back to the UK now and in the near future...

Originally Posted by Bison
Government to buy up all the empty houses, construction workers (British of course) would be employed to renovate them and they should be used as Council houses which would ease the shortage of available housing for the less fortunate.
That would only work if the workers were getting paid penuts...
I'd try to get unskilled and semi-skilled people who are able bodied and on benefits to work for minimum wage doing up repossessed empty government housing and commercial space on the premise they can have two months free rent in their current place for every project they work on that is completed to a decent standard. Same could apply with urban renewal and beautification projects around the country.

Better than sitting at home all day and turning to crime and the community as a whole would benefit.

Or have them help the farmers come spring - buying local is good for the environment as it lowers carbon footprints by relying less on imports.

As for the homeless...I'd have them sent into the army or something useful...but then again I will never be prime minister which is probably best for the country hehe.

N.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:57 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Only reason we are here is because there are not enough locals capable or willing to do the work...if that changes we'll be gone. The UAE is very nationalistic...most businesses cannot run here without a national owning 51% of it. Can you imagine if we implemented that in the UK?

N.