Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Which is the bigger or worthier cause???

View Poll Results: Which is bigger and worthier???
Sammy The Whale Shark
9.52%
The animals in Dubai Zoo
14.29%
The labourers in the country who get exploited and not paid
42.86%
Animal Cruelty
28.57%
Child Cruelty
52.38%
Maltreatment of women by their husbands
14.29%
Women exploiting their men for their money
4.76%
The Palestinian Plight
9.52%
People affected by disease in Africa
14.29%
The Red Funnel on QE2
0%
The Tibetan Cause
4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Which is the bigger or worthier cause???

Old Jan 4th 2009, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is the bigger or worthier cause???

Oh and btw, whoever gives the right answer will get a return ticket...
Old Jan 4th 2009, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Child abuse and Labourer abuse...
Sensitive issues...
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:16 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

put your money where your mouth is, www.helpinghandsuae.com
Old Jan 5th 2009, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I still think ultimately grown ups are more in control of their destiny (Talking of labourers), but children will never have a choice or be in control of anything...
They are the lesser angels...So my vote and heart goes to them...
Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:20 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
I still think ultimately grown ups are more in control of their destiny (Talking of labourers), but children will never have a choice or be in control of anything...
They are the lesser angels...So my vote and heart goes to them...

While the labourers' choice is certainly limited,
I totally agree with your sentiment on kids and their tragedy is compounded when they are hurt or let down by adults- which is happening in many parts of this world including Palestine(my 2nd choice) where they suffer because 'educated,civilised grown ups' can't agree or choose war for pieces of silver........
Bless 'em.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
While the labourers' choice is certainly limited,
I totally agree with your sentiment on kids and their tragedy is compounded when they are hurt or let down by adults- which is happening in many parts of this world including Palestine(my 2nd choice) where they suffer because 'educated,civilised grown ups' can't agree or choose war for pieces of silver........
Bless 'em.
Good arguments you presented there...Karma sent...
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:32 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
I'm going to vote for the Palestinian Plight
and Child Cruelty. Both have similar connotations in that
in circa 1948 UK,USA and Russia dropped the State of Israel in
between a coupla of prestigious sites in the religious world- only for
a latent stake in oil.

Child Cruelty? well
First off in the context of this forum ...i.e Middle East and the Assembly of United Nations.
I am boring myself silly now and don't want a ban from Etisilat.

Bonsoir

when ever i read your posts i really need a disctionary

i just wana make sure of something... do you mean israel was placed in palastine just for oil ?? of iraq you mean or the area in general or what?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:06 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man
when ever i read your posts i really need a disctionary

Hello Beardman, well I think the fact that you put down the Quo'ran while you reach for a Dictionary is very encouraging.It might even lead you to to pick up other books too instead of same old sameold

i just wana make sure of something... do you mean israel was placed in palastine just for oil ?? of iraq you mean or the area in general or what?
I mean -just as they did in Iraq, USA was insuring a pivotal role in the amelioration of Israel/reconstruction of Basra ,Iraq etc and therefore a share in the spoils..........

'' Since its creation, Israel has been a defender of Washington’s interests in the oil-rich region of the Middle East. The US wanted a client state in the region that could help prevent popular resistance to its control of oil. As the influential Jewish paper Ha’aretz put it in 1951:

Israel is to become the watchdog. There is no fear that Israel will undertake any aggressive policy towards the Arab states when this would explicitly contradict the wishes of the U.S. and Britain. But, if for any reasons the western powers should sometimes prefer to close their eyes, Israel could be relied upon to punish one or several neighboring states whose discourtesy to the west went beyond the bounds of the permissible.22

As a consequence, Israel has received billions of dollars of U.S. aid every year, which has made it one of the most heavily armed states in the world.''

http://www.isreview.org/issues/15/israel_colonial.shtml

Just the way I see it,I am not trying to convert you to my way of thinking though
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

How come no votes for Sammy the whale shark? Whales have hearts too
Old Jan 6th 2009, 12:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DaWarrior
Aye, and a hole in their heid tae!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DaWarrior
People have bigger fish to fry...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:23 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
I mean -just as they did in Iraq, USA was insuring a pivotal role in the amelioration of Israel/reconstruction of Basra ,Iraq etc and therefore a share in the spoils..........

'' Since its creation, Israel has been a defender of Washington’s interests in the oil-rich region of the Middle East. The US wanted a client state in the region that could help prevent popular resistance to its control of oil. As the influential Jewish paper Ha’aretz put it in 1951:

Israel is to become the watchdog. There is no fear that Israel will undertake any aggressive policy towards the Arab states when this would explicitly contradict the wishes of the U.S. and Britain. But, if for any reasons the western powers should sometimes prefer to close their eyes, Israel could be relied upon to punish one or several neighboring states whose discourtesy to the west went beyond the bounds of the permissible.22

As a consequence, Israel has received billions of dollars of U.S. aid every year, which has made it one of the most heavily armed states in the world.''

http://www.isreview.org/issues/15/israel_colonial.shtml

Just the way I see it,I am not trying to convert you to my way of thinking though

I wish i am holding Quraan every minute .. but as a matter of a fact i am not a very good muslim... i am just normal ... i rarely read Quraan ... but thanks for reminding me that i should be doing so more...

do you think that only those reasons are behind the USA support to Israel? or are there beside them some religious reasons as well?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 1:10 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
put your money where your mouth is, www.helpinghandsuae.com

Donations by paypal accepted.

Send to [email protected]

Mark monies as a 'gift' or 'donation' to avoid charges.

Thank you

-
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are there any funds and activities going on in the UAE to aid children who are being abused and the like???
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:07 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Confucius
Are there any funds and activities going on in the UAE to aid children who are being abused and the like???

I think perhaps: initially there has to be acknowledgement that a problem exists.After the court case for camel jockeys ,it'll be sometime before this subject is written about..........just my thoughts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.