British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   big bad JT then (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/big-bad-jt-then-652836/)

Spugsy Feb 3rd 2010 12:47 pm

big bad JT then

on his way to Dubai....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...hn-terry-dubai

Meow Feb 3rd 2010 1:47 pm

Re: big bad JT then

He is such a twat.

-

norsk Feb 3rd 2010 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8308296)
He is such a twat.

-

Is he more of a twat just because he is famous?

I'm just curious as the media seems to have gone completely doolally over this thing and it's not like he's the only bloke to ever cheat...

lionheart Feb 3rd 2010 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 8308395)

I'm just curious as the media seems to have gone completely doolally over this thing and it's not like he's the only bloke to ever cheat...

But with the girlfriend of your team mate? Also, a close friend of your wife?

Jeeper Feb 3rd 2010 2:44 pm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/soccer-foo...0623738&pnum=0
ENGLISH soccer is reeling, having discovered that the national captain John Terry, who is married, has had an affair with the former girlfriend of Wayne Bridge, a one-time close friend, international teammate, and ex-Chelsea comrade.

This has led to a Sack John Terry frenzy.

Technically speaking, the key point here should be whether Bridge and Vanessa Perroncel were still an item when Terry and Perroncel were also furiously swapping body fluids.

The answer, from what I can make out is no, so Terry hasn't broken the most stringent of the unwritten rules that dictate what is acceptable for team harmony. If England wants to sack players on the basis of infidelity, they might hardly have a team left.

But Terry has hardly set the standard in team building exercises and the English fans, who are forever having their World Cup hopes crushed, can only despair at his outlandish irresponsibility.

As an English fan said to me: "You couldn't make this up." And this from a Coronation St fan, which says something about the scale of the Terry transgression.

Stranger still, three Manchester City teammates of Bridge unveiled "Team Bridge" undershirts, supplied by the club, in support of their mate. That's one way to increase the public humiliation for Bridge, who has said he will never comment about the scandal.

A pity his teammates didn't follow suit rather than inflict their morals of convenience, those based around manufacturing team morale, on soccer's paying public.

Stick to soccer on the pitch lads.

NorthernLad Feb 3rd 2010 2:44 pm

In an ideal world footballers would be role models. A lot of young kids aspire to be Gerrard, Rooney, Beckham, Ferdinand etc...

Gerrard was acquitted of GBH under dubious circumstances (he was caught on CCTV), Ferdinand missed a drugs test, Beckham was bonking his PA while his wife and kids were away and Rooney had it off with a granny hooker). Good role models, eh?

Discounting the obscene amounts of money these muppets earn, they should
realise kids look up to them and try to behave accordingly. It's bad enough the language they use on the pitch and the way they talk to match officials.

Terry is the England captain...that does not just mean kicking the ball around the pitch for 90 minutes once in a while, it's a lot more than that. If these skiprats don't realise that they shouldn't be allowed to wear the shirt.

norsk Feb 3rd 2010 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8308429)
But with the girlfriend of your team mate? Also, a close friend of your wife?

mate i'm not trying to justify his actions. she may be hotter than a furnace but still like you say she was your mate's girl and a friend of your wife...

norsk Feb 3rd 2010 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 8308456)
In an ideal world footballers would be role models. A lot of young kids aspire to be Gerrard, Rooney, Beckham, Ferdinand etc...

Gerrard was acquitted of GBH under dubious circumstances (he was caught on CCTV), Ferdinand missed a drugs test, Beckham was bonking his PA while his wife and kids were away and Rooney had it off with a granny hooker). Good role models, eh?

realise kids look up to them and try to behave accordingly. It's bad enough the language they use on the pitch and the way they talk to match officials.

Terry is the England captain...that does not just mean kicking the ball around the pitch for 90 minutes once in a while, it's a lot more than that. If these skiprats don't realise that they shouldn't be allowed to wear the shirt.

I agree 100%, but the fact is that footballers are not the brightest sparks in the first place and then we go on to pay them obscene amounts of money. Of course this makes them believe they are infallible and unpunishable.

Some of them do stupid things and unfortunately some of them do illegal things. The problem is we let them get away with it...

How come? Have we unwittingly created the 'gods' of today's society?

benzonar Feb 3rd 2010 3:42 pm

Well apparently The Sun reckons that she's shagged at least 5 members of the Chelski time at some point (and she went out with Lee from Steps for 2 years).

So it must be true.

benzonar Feb 3rd 2010 4:17 pm

Also I think the description of her being a lingerie model is somewhat outdated, ex-lingerie model would be more apt judging by the muffin top.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...22_468x642.jpg

NorthernLad Feb 3rd 2010 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8308738)
Also I think the description of her being a lingerie model is somewhat outdated, ex-lingerie model would be more apt judging by the muffin top.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...22_468x642.jpg

Scratters.

Spugsy Feb 3rd 2010 5:58 pm

yeah but he's the england captain though, I mean....Bobby Moore wouldn't have done that would he?

Spugsy Feb 3rd 2010 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 8308448)
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/soccer-foo...0623738&pnum=0
ENGLISH soccer is reeling, having discovered that the national captain John Terry, who is married, has had an affair with the former girlfriend of Wayne Bridge, a one-time close friend, international teammate, and ex-Chelsea comrade.

This has led to a Sack John Terry frenzy.

Technically speaking, the key point here should be whether Bridge and Vanessa Perroncel were still an item when Terry and Perroncel were also furiously swapping body fluids.

The answer, from what I can make out is no, so Terry hasn't broken the most stringent of the unwritten rules that dictate what is acceptable for team harmony. If England wants to sack players on the basis of infidelity, they might hardly have a team left.

But Terry has hardly set the standard in team building exercises and the English fans, who are forever having their World Cup hopes crushed, can only despair at his outlandish irresponsibility.

As an English fan said to me: "You couldn't make this up." And this from a Coronation St fan, which says something about the scale of the Terry transgression.

Stranger still, three Manchester City teammates of Bridge unveiled "Team Bridge" undershirts, supplied by the club, in support of their mate. That's one way to increase the public humiliation for Bridge, who has said he will never comment about the scandal.

A pity his teammates didn't follow suit rather than inflict their morals of convenience, those based around manufacturing team morale, on soccer's paying public.

Stick to soccer on the pitch lads.

aye that was so cheesy and just fûcking stupid.

Meow Feb 4th 2010 4:23 am

He's a twat because a) he's at Chelsas b) he cheated on his wife & c) his fame makes her humiliation far worse.

-

lionheart Feb 4th 2010 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8310409)
He's a twat because a) he's at Chelsas b) he cheated on his wife & c) his fame makes her humiliation far worse.
-

But she is reportedly taking him back, which makes little sense given that a leopard rarely loses his spots.

Meow Feb 4th 2010 5:44 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8310505)
But she is reportedly taking him back, which makes little sense given that a leopard rarely loses his spots.

That wouldn't make him less of a twat though.

-

Sandboy Feb 4th 2010 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8309009)
yeah but he's the england captain though, I mean....Bobby Moore wouldn't have done that would he?

shoplifter !

terry is a grade A cnut

lionheart Feb 4th 2010 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8310514)
That wouldn't make him less of a twat though.

-

But it definitely makes her a twat of the highest order too...probably a well suited couple.

Spugsy Feb 4th 2010 6:48 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8310505)

and it's nothing to do with teh fact he's on £170k a week?

lionheart Feb 4th 2010 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8310614)
and it's nothing to do with teh fact he's on £170k a week?

But a good divorce lawyer would ensure that she got at least half of that, probably more as there are two kiddies involved.

Jeeper Feb 4th 2010 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8309013)
aye that was so cheesy and just fûcking stupid.

Glad you liked it.

Meow Feb 4th 2010 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 8310531)
shoplifter !

terry is a grade A cnut

Wasn't it both JT's mother AND mother-in-law that were in court for shoplifting? And his dad for drug dealing? What a pikey bunch.

-

The Dean Feb 4th 2010 7:39 am

Beckham? Are you talking about Rebecca Loos-Knickers??

You didn't believe that allegation, did you? I thought that was total fiction, and still do.

The Dean Feb 4th 2010 7:43 am

What are the chances of this phone call in the next few weeks?

"Hello? Is that Wayne? Hi, Wayne - it's Signor Capello here. I've decided that having the man who shagged your girlfriend and you in the same squad at the World Cup would be bad for team spirit and morale......

........ so you're dropped!"

:huh:

commander Feb 4th 2010 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8309009)

No, he just stuck to shoplifting

norsk Feb 5th 2010 4:18 pm

So he lost the England captaincy. Fair enough I suppose, but is this really what we need in the year when we finally have a chance at the WC?

Rio is vice captain. Please no...

Capello mentions a third choice, but no name. I would have guessed Gerrard or Lampard. Rooney...sure! Whatever!..A captain who regularly looses the plot on the pitch that would be good. :blink:

BBC News article

benzonar Feb 5th 2010 4:51 pm

Apparently more stuff will come out this weekend regarding Terry alledgedly sleeping with a team mates wife.

Could be Hilario.........us

The Dean Feb 5th 2010 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8315340)
Apparently more stuff will come out this weekend regarding Terry alledgedly sleeping with a team mates wife.

Could be Hilario.........us

As I have been saying, do NOT rule out Terry being left out of the WC squad completely.

Millhouse Feb 8th 2010 12:37 pm

In an ideal world footballers would be role models..

God, that would be a world I wouldn't want to live in!

Spugsy Feb 8th 2010 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8310694)
Beckham? Are you talking about Rebecca Loos-Knickers??

You didn't believe that allegation, did you? I thought that was total fiction, and still do.

well he never, ever denied it.

Millhouse Feb 8th 2010 12:50 pm

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8322902)
well he never, ever denied it.

of course he did it, I can't say I blame him - Look at his options...

Roadking Feb 9th 2010 5:06 am

1 Attachment(s)
Ah, Beckham. Still remember his thank you letter...

The Dean Feb 9th 2010 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8322912)
of course he did it, I can't say I blame him - Look at his options...

Mrs Becks would have been out of that marriage, with the kids, within 5 minutes if that had been true......... everyone takes the p--- out of her but she is a very clever lady.............

Millhouse Feb 10th 2010 3:34 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8327262)
Mrs Becks would have been out of that marriage, with the kids, within 5 minutes if that had been true......... everyone takes the p--- out of her but she is a very clever lady.............

Nah, she needs him as much as he needs her for the fame and money they so desperatly want. They know that deep down.

The Dean Feb 10th 2010 4:41 am

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse (Post 8328568)
Nah, she needs him as much as he needs her for the fame and money they so desperatly want. They know that deep down.

She's already got enough fame and money - and royalties will keep her going long after he will have any earning power.

He needs her, but she most certainly doesn't need him..............

NorthernLad Feb 10th 2010 9:12 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8328722)
She's already got enough fame and money - and royalties will keep her going long after he will have any earning power.

He needs her, but she most certainly doesn't need him..............

She craves the limelight - something she is not in without him nowadays.

Without him she would go the way of the other Spice Girls. Maybe once his football career is over she might have a rethink.

The Dean Feb 12th 2010 7:56 am

And now Ashley Cole is injured, and out for three months...........

England have a few World Cup warm-up matches coming up, so Signor Capello will need the next best left-back in the country.....

"Wayne! Wayne! Where are you????" :huh:

Spugsy Feb 15th 2010 10:25 am

I see JT has been down wild wadi as well....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...day-Dubai.html

Roadking Feb 15th 2010 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8343470)

He's been down a few wadis...that's the problem.

The Dean Feb 15th 2010 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8343470)

Oh pleeeeez!!

Matching father and son swimming trunks!!! Where did you put that sick bag, Doris???

Mind you, Mrs JT has some nice cameltoe going on down there..........