British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   big bad JT then (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/big-bad-jt-then-652836/)

Spugsy Feb 3rd 2010 12:47 pm

big bad JT then
 
on his way to Dubai....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...hn-terry-dubai

Meow Feb 3rd 2010 1:47 pm

Re: big bad JT then
 
He is such a twat.

-

norsk Feb 3rd 2010 2:25 pm

Re: big bad JT then
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8308296)
He is such a twat.

-

Is he more of a twat just because he is famous?

I'm just curious as the media seems to have gone completely doolally over this thing and it's not like he's the only bloke to ever cheat...

lionheart Feb 3rd 2010 2:39 pm

Re: big bad JT then
 

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 8308395)
Is he more of a twat just because he is famous?

I'm just curious as the media seems to have gone completely doolally over this thing and it's not like he's the only bloke to ever cheat...

But with the girlfriend of your team mate? Also, a close friend of your wife?

Jeeper Feb 3rd 2010 2:44 pm

Re: big bad JT then
 
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/soccer-foo...0623738&pnum=0
ENGLISH soccer is reeling, having discovered that the national captain John Terry, who is married, has had an affair with the former girlfriend of Wayne Bridge, a one-time close friend, international teammate, and ex-Chelsea comrade.

This has led to a Sack John Terry frenzy.

Technically speaking, the key point here should be whether Bridge and Vanessa Perroncel were still an item when Terry and Perroncel were also furiously swapping body fluids.

The answer, from what I can make out is no, so Terry hasn't broken the most stringent of the unwritten rules that dictate what is acceptable for team harmony. If England wants to sack players on the basis of infidelity, they might hardly have a team left.

But Terry has hardly set the standard in team building exercises and the English fans, who are forever having their World Cup hopes crushed, can only despair at his outlandish irresponsibility.

As an English fan said to me: "You couldn't make this up." And this from a Coronation St fan, which says something about the scale of the Terry transgression.

Stranger still, three Manchester City teammates of Bridge unveiled "Team Bridge" undershirts, supplied by the club, in support of their mate. That's one way to increase the public humiliation for Bridge, who has said he will never comment about the scandal.

A pity his teammates didn't follow suit rather than inflict their morals of convenience, those based around manufacturing team morale, on soccer's paying public.

Stick to soccer on the pitch lads.

NorthernLad Feb 3rd 2010 2:44 pm

Re: big bad JT then
 

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 8308395)
Is he more of a twat just because he is famous?

I'm just curious as the media seems to have gone completely doolally over this thing and it's not like he's the only bloke to ever cheat...

In an ideal world footballers would be role models. A lot of young kids aspire to be Gerrard, Rooney, Beckham, Ferdinand etc...

Gerrard was acquitted of GBH under dubious circumstances (he was caught on CCTV), Ferdinand missed a drugs test, Beckham was bonking his PA while his wife and kids were away and Rooney had it off with a granny hooker). Good role models, eh?

Discounting the obscene amounts of money these muppets earn, they should
realise kids look up to them and try to behave accordingly. It's bad enough the language they use on the pitch and the way they talk to match officials.

Terry is the England captain...that does not just mean kicking the ball around the pitch for 90 minutes once in a while, it's a lot more than that. If these skiprats don't realise that they shouldn't be allowed to wear the shirt.

norsk Feb 3rd 2010 2:55 pm

Re: big bad JT then
 

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8308429)
But with the girlfriend of your team mate? Also, a close friend of your wife?

mate i'm not trying to justify his actions. she may be hotter than a furnace but still like you say she was your mate's girl and a friend of your wife...

norsk Feb 3rd 2010 3:01 pm

Re: big bad JT then
 

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 8308456)
In an ideal world footballers would be role models. A lot of young kids aspire to be Gerrard, Rooney, Beckham, Ferdinand etc...

Gerrard was acquitted of GBH under dubious circumstances (he was caught on CCTV), Ferdinand missed a drugs test, Beckham was bonking his PA while his wife and kids were away and Rooney had it off with a granny hooker). Good role models, eh?

Discounting the obscene amounts of money these muppets earn, they should
realise kids look up to them and try to behave accordingly. It's bad enough the language they use on the pitch and the way they talk to match officials.

Terry is the England captain...that does not just mean kicking the ball around the pitch for 90 minutes once in a while, it's a lot more than that. If these skiprats don't realise that they shouldn't be allowed to wear the shirt.

I agree 100%, but the fact is that footballers are not the brightest sparks in the first place and then we go on to pay them obscene amounts of money. Of course this makes them believe they are infallible and unpunishable.

Some of them do stupid things and unfortunately some of them do illegal things. The problem is we let them get away with it...

How come? Have we unwittingly created the 'gods' of today's society?

benzonar Feb 3rd 2010 3:42 pm

Re: big bad JT then
 
Well apparently The Sun reckons that she's shagged at least 5 members of the Chelski time at some point (and she went out with Lee from Steps for 2 years).

So it must be true.

benzonar Feb 3rd 2010 4:17 pm

Re: big bad JT then
 
Also I think the description of her being a lingerie model is somewhat outdated, ex-lingerie model would be more apt judging by the muffin top.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...22_468x642.jpg

NorthernLad Feb 3rd 2010 5:22 pm

Re: big bad JT then
 

Originally Posted by benzonar (Post 8308738)
Also I think the description of her being a lingerie model is somewhat outdated, ex-lingerie model would be more apt judging by the muffin top.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...22_468x642.jpg

Scratters.

Spugsy Feb 3rd 2010 5:58 pm

Re: big bad JT then
 

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 8308395)
Is he more of a twat just because he is famous?

I'm just curious as the media seems to have gone completely doolally over this thing and it's not like he's the only bloke to ever cheat...

yeah but he's the england captain though, I mean....Bobby Moore wouldn't have done that would he?

Spugsy Feb 3rd 2010 5:59 pm

Re: big bad JT then
 

Originally Posted by Jeeper (Post 8308448)
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/soccer-foo...0623738&pnum=0
ENGLISH soccer is reeling, having discovered that the national captain John Terry, who is married, has had an affair with the former girlfriend of Wayne Bridge, a one-time close friend, international teammate, and ex-Chelsea comrade.

This has led to a Sack John Terry frenzy.

Technically speaking, the key point here should be whether Bridge and Vanessa Perroncel were still an item when Terry and Perroncel were also furiously swapping body fluids.

The answer, from what I can make out is no, so Terry hasn't broken the most stringent of the unwritten rules that dictate what is acceptable for team harmony. If England wants to sack players on the basis of infidelity, they might hardly have a team left.

But Terry has hardly set the standard in team building exercises and the English fans, who are forever having their World Cup hopes crushed, can only despair at his outlandish irresponsibility.

As an English fan said to me: "You couldn't make this up." And this from a Coronation St fan, which says something about the scale of the Terry transgression.

Stranger still, three Manchester City teammates of Bridge unveiled "Team Bridge" undershirts, supplied by the club, in support of their mate. That's one way to increase the public humiliation for Bridge, who has said he will never comment about the scandal.

A pity his teammates didn't follow suit rather than inflict their morals of convenience, those based around manufacturing team morale, on soccer's paying public.

Stick to soccer on the pitch lads.

aye that was so cheesy and just fûcking stupid.

Meow Feb 4th 2010 4:23 am

Re: big bad JT then
 

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 8308395)
Is he more of a twat just because he is famous?

I'm just curious as the media seems to have gone completely doolally over this thing and it's not like he's the only bloke to ever cheat...

He's a twat because a) he's at Chelsas b) he cheated on his wife & c) his fame makes her humiliation far worse.

-

lionheart Feb 4th 2010 5:37 am

Re: big bad JT then
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 8310409)
He's a twat because a) he's at Chelsas b) he cheated on his wife & c) his fame makes her humiliation far worse.
-

But she is reportedly taking him back, which makes little sense given that a leopard rarely loses his spots.


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:10 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.