Wikiposts

Beyond Belief

Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beyond Belief

Anyway, I said my piece for now and have some things to do in the real world...I expect good braintesting arguments when I return...And i won't tolerate foul language...Keep it civil...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Anyway, I said my piece for now and have some things to do in the real world...I expect good braintesting arguments when I return...And i won't tolerate foul language...Keep it civil...
Hello sexy is that civil for you hun ?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:30 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Beautifully written 2 paragraphs, miss...
Now, help me understand what you mean, in simple terms please, cause I really can't understand what you meant by the whole reply...Im not being cynical or sarcastic; if someone else thinks as I do please let them say so...
simple terms, hey?

"you're wrong on this one and no amount of self-justification will make you right"

Does that help?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

if you DO care that much and you ARE (apathetic)sympathetic towards others and holier-than-thou, then just get off youjr damn high horse and DO SOMETHING about it!!!
Injustice is everywhere, bad things are happening everywhere, if you were where this heinous thing happenned, start a campaign, but you're not!!!

Confucius,

I am trying to 'do something about it'. I mentioned the NSPCC, who do wonderful work, rarely acknowledged, and who have probably saved literally thousands of young lives over the years.

I have in the past organised a number of significant fund-raising events for them, including 'celebrity lunches', 'auctions of promises' etc. True, it's not direct help (I'm not the one who actually goes out and sees the children themselves), but it helps them do the work they do.

I'm probably going to be involved in an other event (in London) in March or April next year. If it goes ahead (I'm not the organiser of this one) I'll mention it on The Bored. I may even ask for donations.

Confucius, I know you weren't defending the scum in that BBC report (by the way, BBC - was it really necessary to put so much graphic detail in the article??) but you chose your words clumsily. I and others reacted to what we thought you meant.

No hard feelings from my side.

Last edited by The Dean; Nov 13th 2008 at 3:59 am. Reason: item
Old Nov 13th 2008, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
simple terms, hey?

"you're wrong on this one and no amount of self-justification will make you right"

Does that help?
Alright...
So you think I am wrong, and that is your opinion, you are entitled to have one...But you, or anyone else, are not entitled to take away the right to defend mine...
I already said earlier, in post 42, that I didnt even click on the link, cause I thought from the other replies that they were talking about that Yemeni 10yo girl, whose news was on at the time of this thread start...
But still, just to see where this will lead, I carried on...
Now you proved your point to me, as did others, that you wouldn't give anyone a second chance...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Dean
if you DO care that much and you ARE (apathetic)sympathetic towards others and holier-than-thou, then just get off youjr damn high horse and DO SOMETHING about it!!!
Injustice is everywhere, bad things are happening everywhere, if you were where this heinous thing happenned, start a campaign, but you're not!!!

Confucius,

I am trying to 'do something about it'. I mentioned the NSPCC, who do wonderful work, rarely acknowledged, and who have probably saved literally thousands of young lives over the years.

I have in the past organised a number of significant fund-raising events for them, including 'celebrity lunches', 'auctions of promises' etc. True, it's not direct help (I'm not the one who actually goes out and sees the children themselves), but it helps them do the work they do.

I'm probably going to be involved in an other event (in London) in March or April next year. If it goes ahead (I'm not the organiser of this one) I'll mention it on The Bored. I may even ask for donations.

Confucius, I know you weren't defending the scum in that BBC report (by the way, BBC - was it really necessary to put so much graphic detail in the article??) but you chose your words clumsily. I and others reacted to what we thought you meant.

No hard feelings from my side.
Deano
Read post #42 where I spoke about the reason behind my reply, will you???
As I said, my original 2 words reply was for a different issue altogether...And not a clumsy choice of words, no; an opinion is an opinion, no matter how ugly or beautiful or nice it may be, everyone is entitled to theirs...But, all of your and others reactions were a bit over the top and unwarranted...I felt as if Im a stricken animal in the jungle and other animals are just waiting for it to be alone so that they pounce on it...
Good to hear that youre doing all of these activities, good on you...Pay it forward...Everyone helps in their own capacity...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:39 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

I donate to NSPCC monthly too.

Your comments offend, because at least two people (The Dean and I) fund this stuff without making a hoo haa about it. We do try. Your glib remarks do not help.

What are you doing?

The best thing you can do is to say sorry for completely misjudging this whole affair.

We are far more human than you give us credit for.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
I donate to NSPCC monthly too.

Your comments offend, because at least two people (The Dean and I) fund this stuff without making a hoo haa about it. We do try. Your glib remarks do not help.

What are you doing?

The best thing you can do is to say sorry for completely misjudging this whole affair.

We are far more human than you give us credit for.
Yes you dont make a hoo haa about it...You just announce it for everyone on a public forum...
People do their own charity...What's it to anyone...
You're starting to become irrelevant now and I have bigger fish to fry...
Time for you to move on...You win...Shut up...

Oh and PS, I will not say sorry, even if I'm wrong...Howzzat???
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:48 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Fine by me,

You're f**ked and you know it.

What are you doing?

Last edited by NedKelly63; Nov 13th 2008 at 7:50 am. Reason: Answers to questions...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fine by me,

You're f**ked and you know it.
I told you the first time to mind your language...One more and youre reported...
Very stupid of you to resort to words like these though...What is it??? You ran out of the grey stuff in your brain???
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:51 am
Now 15% less offensive

erm - it helps people
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

erm - it helps people
It appears that English is not your forte...
What's it to anyone how and where people's charity goes...Not my business what you do, and noone's business what I do with mine...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:54 am
Now 15% less offensive

It appears that English is not your forte...
What's it to anyone how and where people's charity goes...Not my business what you do, and noone's business what I do with mine...
How very coy. I'm guessing nothing
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I told you the first time to mind your language...One more and youre reported...
Very stupid of you to resort to words like these though...What is it??? You ran out of the grey stuff in your brain???
Calm down now you two............

Conf has admitted his two-word post that kicked this off was in relation to another topic altogether - his silly fault of course, but I believe him so leave it now.

I only mentioned the NSPCC stuff because Conf accused me of not "doing something about it" - but I do. I know it's only charity giving, it's not life-changing, but it's the best I can do.........

......... and tomorrow I'm writing to the BBC to complain about the unduly graphic detail in the article - not at all necessary to get the point across.

Now Conf........... about Depeche Mode..............
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How very coy. I'm guessing nothing
You don't have to... I don't give anything to anyone and I mooch my life out of others...I love how judgemental you are...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.