Wikiposts

Beyond Belief

Old Nov 12th 2008, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beyond Belief

Originally Posted by Confucius
Have it your way...
But just so you and all the others know, that you being angry and upset and outranged won't change anything to way things are...This has been happening for a long time and it's not going to change in our lifetime...
Doesnt negate the fact that you shouldn't be angry though...
Oh that's all right then.............

.......... we're not allowed to express our outrage because we can't actually change anything..........

Come off it - it says 'Discussion Forum' at the top of my screen at this very moment...........
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:00 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean

.......... we're not allowed to express our outrage because we can't actually change anything..........

Come off it - it says 'Discussion Forum' at the top of my screen at this very moment...........
he never said you are not allowed to discuss it now did he...
and he never said that it was alright either...he was just stating facts...
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
you being angry and upset and outranged won't change anything to way things are...This has been happening for a long time and it's not going to change in our lifetime

Yeah OK - but let's agree his post was ...... er........ insensitive...........?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:07 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

you being angry and upset and outranged won't change anything to way things are...This has been happening for a long time and it's not going to change in our lifetime

Yeah OK - but let's agree his post was ...... er........ insensitive...........?
no...just unpleasant to read cause it's the not so nice truth...
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

What an absolute crock. Confucius has misjudged this one. This cynical drawl comes across as affected and not as dryly intellectual as you would hope.

It's not that the comment is insensitive it is also apathetic. One reason why everyone is so outraged is because of the chronic incomptence and abhorrent ability of the social workers, whose JOB it is to protect, failed to do anything of the sort.

“Some people confuse acceptance with apathy, but there's all the difference in the world. Apathy fails to distinguish between what can and what cannot be helped; acceptance makes that distinction. Apathy paralyzes the will-to-action; acceptance frees it by relieving it of impossible burdens.”

ps apols to you RK, i couldn't keep quiet!!

Last edited by al dente; Nov 12th 2008 at 8:50 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you................ quite right - and don't forget Conf was responding to the OP not a subsequent comment.

A grotesquely detailed account of the sheer misery that the poor kid went through prompted a 'human nature' response from one of our most "respected" members.

It isn't - I'm human and I wouldn't even begin to think of harming an innocent child (nor anyone else for that matter, but that's not the point).

"It happens and there's nothing we can do about it" seems to be the thinking........... well I won't accept that. I've helped to raise thousands over the years for the only charity I have ever regularly supported (NSPCC), only to read that.

No. It won't do, Confucius. An unacceptable comment, and it cannot be dignified by someone else suggesting it's the "truth".

Human nature? Get out of here.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 1:37 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
but if they hadn't felt or understood anything at the time they were doing it, no amount of people telling them will make them change their point of view. We'll never know what really happened or why it happened. "Regret" shouldn't even come into it - you don't do that to a kid (or anyone for that matter) and then "regret" it, in hindsight. In my mind, it just demonstrates that these people are mentally unfit to be part of society, let alone be parents.
Regret is a requisite tag line routinly submitted by Briefs on behalf of their clients in UK' Rehabiltative (as opposed to Retributive) Legal Process.In order to be considered for parole, a person has to show regret at their actions-so lawyers submit it as regular as their fee notes regardless of the accused's feelings on the matter.Is that a tad cynical?6967557]
10 minutes in a room with the idiots from Social Services who gave the baby back should also be requested![/QUOTE]

Come on Inse, you know fine they will probably go off on sick leave now and retire early with a handsome pension.Is that a tad cynical?

[QUOTE=al dente;6968320]What an absolute crock. Confucius has misjudged this one. This cynical drawl comes across as affected and not as dryly intellectual as you would hope.

A discussion on Human Nature and Plato, Locke,Kant et al I think may well be regarded as intellectual imho......tabula rasa or the idea that humans are born with an innate evil which they must contain(Lord of the Flies?)

[QUOTE=The Dean;6968515]Thank you................ quite right - and don't forget Conf was responding to the OP not a subsequent comment.

A grotesquely detailed account of the sheer misery that the poor kid went through prompted a 'human nature' response from one of our most "respected" members.

It isn't - I'm human and I wouldn't even begin to think of harming an innocent child (nor anyone else for that matter, but that's not the point).

Myra Hindlay(circa 1963) Robert Black(@1986) Thomson& Venables;the killers of Jamie Bolger (1993) Ian Huntly murdered Holly Wells& Jessica Chapman in 2002 and of course the other victim of systemic failure and a murderer Victoria Climbie also 2002.Look at the Meredith Kercher Murder in Perugia recently??? So lets do the easy part first.

All protagonists of cited crimes were/are human yes? Can we agree on that?What then -if it is not a flaw in their nature makes them different from you or me or most people on here.Is it that we are all born with evil and some of us cannot contain it?

Or if we subscribe to Locke's theory on Human Nature wherein we believe we are all born with a 'blank slate' and are free to define the contents of our own character?........

I would really like to know cos my heart is sick to my stomache reading this report and I confes to an apathy.My apathy is towards the inefficiencies of the Judicial System which governs such criminal behaviour.

We hear time and time again 'Lessons learned, safeguards in place blah.Well
Jamie Bolger's killers are free, Victoria Climbie never got the protection of the
'safeguards in place'.

This will happen to another child- God forbid but it will.

For human nature is flawed- in the main it is constant but- excepting an android society- there is no guarantee against the random.The list of names above are but a few...............

Last edited by Eva; Nov 13th 2008 at 1:57 am.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Just tell me where I told anyone to just shut up and mind their own business...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

no...just unpleasant to read cause it's the not so nice truth...
True on both accounts...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Insensitive??? Next you're going to tell me I'm the cause of all evil on this planet...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Insensitive??? Next you're going to tell me I'm the cause of all evil on this planet...
you are the cause of all evil on this planet...

MM, xx
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by al dente
What an absolute crock. Confucius has misjudged this one. This cynical drawl comes across as affected and not as dryly intellectual as you would hope.

It's not that the comment is insensitive it is also apathetic. One reason why everyone is so outraged is because of the chronic incomptence and abhorrent ability of the social workers, whose JOB it is to protect, failed to do anything of the sort.

“Some people confuse acceptance with apathy, but there's all the difference in the world. Apathy fails to distinguish between what can and what cannot be helped; acceptance makes that distinction. Apathy paralyzes the will-to-action; acceptance frees it by relieving it of impossible burdens.”

ps apols to you RK, i couldn't keep quiet!!
Aaaahhhh...You've waited a week, maybe more so that, in your mind, I'd slip, didn't you??? Well here's your chance to truly test your brains and wit:
I just said what I thought which IS insensitive, I agree...And my mistake was that I thought the thread was about that 10 yo Yemeni girl who was married with a 40 yo man, hence the "won't change things" comment...
Nevertheless, I stick by my guns and will let you in on my thought process and my psyche: if you DO care that much and you ARE (apathetic)sympathetic towards others and holier-than-thou, then just get off youjr damn high horse and DO SOMETHING about it!!!
Injustice is everywhere, bad things are happening everywhere, if you were where this heinous thing happenned, start a campaign, but you're not!!! You are here in Dubai or Abu Dhabi, where also things are happening which you don't hear about, but there ARE bad things happening, and what are you doing??? Yes; waiting for me to slip...
Mind your own damn business and stop passing judgement on people...

Last edited by Confucius; Nov 13th 2008 at 3:18 am. Reason: wrote "apathetic" instead of "sympathetic"...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you................ quite right - and don't forget Conf was responding to the OP not a subsequent comment.

"It happens and there's nothing we can do about it" seems to be the thinking........... well I won't accept that. I've helped to raise thousands over the years for the only charity I have ever regularly supported (NSPCC), only to read that.

No. It won't do, Confucius. An unacceptable comment, and it cannot be dignified by someone else suggesting it's the "truth".

Human nature? Get out of here.
Read my previous reply to pasta ravioli...If you continue, I'll be brutal to you in my response...And I don't care what you think...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
you are the cause of all evil on this planet...

MM, xx
I'm the big bad wolf...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the big bad wolf...
what big ears you've got...

MM, xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.