Best & Worst Airports

Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:26 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best & Worst Airports

I was over in Texas a few years ago and, I don’t quite remember which it was but one airport (Houston?) just had a totally irrational gate layout without any real sequence I could see. The other thing is it was big so walking between gates took a very long time and a bit shabby looking as well if I’m honest.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:49 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting nobody else has rated ICN, and how much AMS divides opinion. (On another bored I read, there's a long-running joke about the cup-a-soup in the BA lounge at AMS...)

Anyway, any excuse to post the best Onion video ever:

Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:03 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with several posters above:-

Best - Singapore Changi (also Koh Samui for small airport!)

Worst - Sana'a (LAX on arrival is pretty crappy too...)
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:34 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

The "executive lounge" in Leeds/Bradford was pig-awful till its recent makeover. The only food available (at least in the morning) was the cheapest sliced white bread they could find, butter, marmalade, crisps and biscuits--just what you need to start your day. However, the makeover has not only seen decent-ish food introduced, but the "mature" lady on reception has been replaced by two dolly birds. A very welcome change, but I wonder how they got away with it--seems a very in-yer-face ageist move.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
The "executive lounge" in Leeds/Bradford was pig-awful till its recent makeover. The only food available (at least in the morning) was the cheapest sliced white bread they could find, butter, marmalade, crisps and biscuits--just what you need to start your day. However, the makeover has not only seen decent-ish food introduced, but the "mature" lady on reception has been replaced by two dolly birds. A very welcome change, but I wonder how they got away with it--seems a very in-yer-face ageist move.
Have you ever been in the first class lounge at Cairo International? Hilarious. It's just a smoking room - no food, no drink, just a bunch of knackered sofas.

I used to spend my hours chatting up a very sweet girl that I got to know in the little cafe that, for some odd reason, sells cans of stella.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:47 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Best: incheon, changi and Koh Samui boutique airport

Worst: CDG...hate the place with a passion
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Ignoring the developing country airports, got to agree with the CDG haters. LHR isn't much fun for a transfer either.

I like Amsterdam Schiphol - It is a large open plan airport, without segregation of arrival/departure, so plenty of scope for stretching the legs during transfers and with enough time you can get into town easy enough on the train. Walk the perimeter, including the second level, and you will have covered some ground.

Accra had its moments, but with a local 'spot' (bar) just across the road that had wired itself in to the airport tannoy, pre-departure 'formalities' were always a pleasure. Just don't look too closely at what the pilot of your flight is drinking.....
Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Max the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really niceMax the Dog is just really nice

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Have you ever been in the first class lounge at Cairo International? Hilarious. It's just a smoking room - no food, no drink, just a bunch of knackered sofas.

I used to spend my hours chatting up a very sweet girl that I got to know in the little cafe that, for some odd reason, sells cans of stella.
Indeed. I used to do the same, bin the lounge invite and sit in the cafe with a large G&T...Bizarre set up!
My fave; The old Kai Tack or Bournemouth..used to be the same lady on check in, security and boarding!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Worst part of travelling is always the airport, however CDG I loath the most, Port Harcourt and Luanda not much better.

Don't mind AMS or T5 at LHR. Smaller airports tend to be less hassle, so ABZ isn't bad either.

I travelled from Lagos up to Port Harcourt a few years ago and the queue was ****ing huge due to them still hand writing the boarding passes!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Im actually in Ho Chi Minh airport at the moment (saigon) waiting on my flight to Bangkok then onward to the sand pit.
certainly not the worst airport i've ever been and i've just had a local delicacy of curried spaghetti with chicken!!
well i think its chicken.................................
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by commander
Best: incheon, changi and Koh Samui boutique airport

Worst: CDG...hate the place with a passion
must be a scottish thing.

I f*****g hate that airport nearly as much as a certain football team.
Well, maybe not as much, but nearly!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 12:50 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

A Frenchman told me once that, when CDG was designed, it actually made a lot of sense - you'd stay landside until almost the last minute, and only go airside (where there are very few facilities) right before boarding.

Unfortunately then the whole security circus started up, and now you have to spend ages suffering in the pig-pens that were never designed to have people waiting in them.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I hate Gatwick, and Doha ( have refused to ever gothere again), can't remember ever really liking an airport to be honest, generally prefer to spend as little time as possible in them.

Kerry in Ireland is funny, absolutely tiny!

Whats worse thought than any airport is travelling by ferry! Travelled back from Kerry to Holyhead 10 hours on a ferry! - F**k I was bored and it was full of lorry drivers and pikeys!!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
Best: Changi is a good one and i have to say Amsterdam is one of the easiest to get about.

Worst: I detest Paris CDG but others include:
Luanda - From check in to lounge to the mosquitos and on and on...
Esbjerg in Denmark - a crappy school canteen type food shop

Edinburgh - because its not Glasgow!
OMG, you have been in Esbjerg Airport?
I thought only planes the size of a Model airplanes can land there.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lionheart
I hate Jeddah Airport especially during the Hajj...
Me too. Also exiting the country puts me in a good mood, this airport is still a nightmare. A dark, dirty, smelly place.
Entering Jeddah through this airport is even worse. Not only that I have to put the black sack on again everything is depressing.
But if I deduct x-mas and some other holidays, I have only 8 months left.
Than my sentence is done (that's how I feel about living there)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.