Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

THe best thing about living in Dubai in the summer

THe best thing about living in Dubai in the summer

Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default THe best thing about living in Dubai in the summer

Is a job like my one (although the wife will disagree- i hope)

i.e Getting the hell out of the oven that is Dubai

Just back from Oz,

Now off to Korea/Japan and wherever a ship i have to catch drops me off (hopefully not North Korea)

A month is a long time away, but heho, the summer will be drawing to a close by the time i am back, and my good lady will be another month closer to motherhood

life is just dandy

right, i have a list of around 30 houshold chores i need to sort out prior to leaving!

BC, need to take a raincheck on the lakes day until i get back!!!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 3:45 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THe best thing about living in Dubai in the summer

How on earth does your better half cope with the heat whilst she is pregnant?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
How on earth does your better half cope with the heat whilst she is pregnant?
3 words

air conditioning on
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

The best thing about being in Dubai for the summer is not drowning in the pissy, wet, miserable home counties.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
The best thing about being in Dubai for the summer is not drowning in the pissy, wet, miserable home counties.
the weather is great in scotland thou
Old Jul 25th 2007, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
the weather is great in scotland thou
Really? Maybe i should head to Edinburgh for the w/end. Festival time, I believe???
Old Jul 25th 2007, 6:26 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I adore the summer!! I literally count down the weeks for the end of term (even though mine isn't at school). Everyone clears off, the roads are quieter! the hotels all go on offer! I get to spend time with my friends who are mums and are normally racing around all the time! Dubai Summer surprises starts so everywhere is on sale! what the hell are you lot moaning about!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Really? Maybe i should head to Edinburgh for the w/end. Festival time, I believe???
aye with all the wierdo's and luvvies,

think id rather be in Dubai to be honest
Old Jul 26th 2007, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I adore the summer!! I literally count down the weeks for the end of term (even though mine isn't at school). Everyone clears off, the roads are quieter! the hotels all go on offer! I get to spend time with my friends who are mums and are normally racing around all the time! Dubai Summer surprises starts so everywhere is on sale! what the hell are you lot moaning about!
it sucks.

after a decade here, i thought you would have begun to realise that.

Go visit Austrailia or somewhere else and you will get an insight to having a way of life, not just an existence

its not the worst place on the planet, but it is FAR from the best

ok im in a bad mood
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

it sucks.

after a decade here, i thought you would have begun to realise that.

Go visit Austrailia or somewhere else and you will get an insight to having a way of life, not just an existence

its not the worst place on the planet, but it is FAR from the best

ok im in a bad mood
i don't agree...it's what you make of it. I love it and it certainly isn't just an existance. The thought of having to move back to the uk fills me with dread...

MM, xx
Old Jul 26th 2007, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
i don't agree...it's what you make of it. I love it and it certainly isn't just an existance. The thought of having to move back to the uk fills me with dread...

MM, xx
The thought of having to move back to the uk fills me with dread...

exactly and you know the likelyhood is that one day that will happen because this place is never really your home, your country etc

i was refering to life in other countries, where you do become a citizen, part of the community, not just an asset to help evolve the place
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

The thought of having to move back to the uk fills me with dread...

exactly and you know the likelyhood is that one day that will happen because this place is never really your home, your country etc

i was refering to life in other countries, where you do become a citizen, part of the community, not just an asset to help evolve the place
i see what you're getting at, but i've no desire to live in those particular countries, lol...

MM, xx
Old Jul 26th 2007, 1:28 pm
Wor Jackie

Jackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really niceJackie Milburn is just really nice

west and welaxation
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:20 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I am part of a community a huge one! I am having a great time in Al Ain, made some new friends! sat by the pool all day, one of my pals from Dubai has pitched up so we are staying another night! who says you can't have fun the summer
Old Jul 26th 2007, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

No need to heat up the water...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.