Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Best piece of doctors advice ever...

Best piece of doctors advice ever...

Old Aug 1st 2012, 7:46 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best piece of doctors advice ever...

So I'm suffering from an infection in, well, that part of my body (no, it's not because I've been naughty before you start thinking that) .

It's all because I've been exercising outside for a couple of hours almost everyday just after Iftar. Running, cycling, cross training etc. I'm sure Commander and the other sporting guys will know precisely what I'm referring to, and will probably laugh at this...

Anyway, so I went to the doctors to see if I could get something to clear it up quicker than the over the counter stuff I'd been using. Along with some other bits and pieces, this was by far the best (read most stupid) piece of advice he gave me...

"Keep the area cool and dry."

What? In the middle of a Dubai summer? Are you having a ****ing laugh? That's about as likely as selling sand to an Arab. *facepalm*

Has anyone else had a similarly stupid piece of advice from their doctor before?
Old Aug 1st 2012, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best piece of doctors advice ever...

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
So I'm suffering from an infection in, well, that part of my body (no, it's not because I've been naughty before you start thinking that) .

It's all because I've been exercising outside for a couple of hours almost everyday just after Iftar. Running, cycling, cross training etc. I'm sure Commander and the other sporting guys will know precisely what I'm referring to, and will probably laugh at this...

Anyway, so I went to the doctors to see if I could get something to clear it up quicker than the over the counter stuff I'd been using. Along with some other bits and pieces, this was by far the best (read most stupid) piece of advice he gave me...

"Keep the area cool and dry."

What? In the middle of a Dubai summer? Are you having a ****ing laugh? That's about as likely as selling sand to an Arab. *facepalm*

Has anyone else had a similarly stupid piece of advice from their doctor before?
Nappy Rash?
Get some baby bottom cream from Waitrose
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:01 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Nappy Rash?
This is the stuff. I'm advised the military use it.

Best piece of doctors advice ever...-sudo.bmp
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Sudocrem is the dogs danglies for this stuff
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Its called miracle bum cream in my house....

Its always been the muts nuts for chaffing rash.

Cut the potential of the chaffing down by using proper (supportive) running shorts tho and you'll be fine. Stay away from loose clothing while training.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
This is the stuff. I'm advised the military use it.

Attachment 107982
And.... don't go "commando"
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Vas before running works a treat as well. Don't forget your nipples or you will need to cream up top as well
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a right pain in the balls.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Sounds like a right pain in the balls.
Don't know about you mate but I think it's a load of bollocks.

Anyway, sudocrem is perfect if it's a rash. But when you say infection, does it burn when you pee?

You've definitely knobbed something you shouldn't have.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:43 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Back to topic...

When living in Japan when to Korea for a holiday, got food poisoning which gave me a really itchy rash all over my body. Local hospital gave me two small tubes (Airfix glue size) of very sticky cream, which they said apply daily to the affected areas (ie bloody everywhere). Both tubes did about a forearm-and-a-half.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:51 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Nappy Rash?
Haha. Sadly it's far past that. It was that, then the little fungal f***s that cause athlete's foot got a foothold.

I'm already using tons of sudocrem, and lamasil twice a day.

And no Scamp, it's definitely not that type of infection. The last thing I knobbed was my ex-fiancee, and that was a very, very long time ago. I don't sleep around because I have a phobia of that precise thing

As for clothing, I wear running tights under my shorts to try and prevent this very thing from happening. I guess it's because I'm a fat ****, they didn't work
Old Aug 1st 2012, 8:55 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

OK I understand.

Back to your question....worst bit of advice a Doc ever gave me was about weight loss.

He told me that if I cut my knob off, I'd lose 3 stone immediately.

Idiot.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Tights under shorts are your problem, as open as poss. I love compression stuff but in this weather its not too clever. Guess you need some Anti bacterial cream as well as nappy rash stuff.

Good luck.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

We used to rub olive oil into Mini Millhouse's gentlemans' area when he was a baby. Better than all those fancy creams for the nappy rash.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 9:28 am
You read these things?

Originally Posted by spartans53
Tights under shorts are your problem, as open as poss. I love compression stuff but in this weather its not too clever. Guess you need some Anti bacterial cream as well as nappy rash stuff.

Good luck.
So just the shorts then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.