Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

And the best parent award goes to..

And the best parent award goes to..

Old Jul 3rd 2012, 1:40 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And the best parent award goes to..

He would have suffocated so possibly he wouldn't have been in any pain, absolutely awful state of affairs. If it's not kids drowning, falling of balconies etc. They need to get their act together and sort out some child welfare department.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 1:43 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
What would you do if you saw a kid in a car clearly not too happy?

If it's outside a house, go and knock obviously but if in a mall car park or something what would you resort to doing?
First thing is to get mall security and if they do nothing, call the police and then break the window if needs be. You probably wouldn't be thanked by the parents and end up with the bill for repairs, but better than doing nothing.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 1:46 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
He would have suffocated so possibly he wouldn't have been in any pain, absolutely awful state of affairs. If it's not kids drowning, falling of balconies etc. They need to get their act together and sort out some child welfare department.
Death by asphyxiation not painful? It's one of my main fears and must be awful. The gasping for air, the panic, pain in the lungs...
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 2:21 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Death by asphyxiation not painful? It's one of my main fears and must be awful. The gasping for air, the panic, pain in the lungs...
apparently they are unconscious before that even happens, my friend accidentally locked her two dogs in her car and they died, it was something I had to investigate as I was so upset about it, I know kids aren't dogs but the vet told me they would have slipped unconscious due to lack of oxygen and wouldn't have been in pain. Unless he lied to me of course.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 5:00 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
apparently they are unconscious before that even happens, my friend accidentally locked her two dogs in her car and they died, it was something I had to investigate as I was so upset about it, I know kids aren't dogs but the vet told me they would have slipped unconscious due to lack of oxygen and wouldn't have been in pain. Unless he lied to me of course.
He lied to you.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 5:03 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is drowning...similar I guess. Absolute terror and panic...then eventual calm.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

winter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to allwinter is a name known to all

This shouldn't have happened, where the **** were the parents, hello you don't miss a child for 3 hours,they will blame the maid, too much of insallah (bad spelling) happens here
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 5:24 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Gulf News

How on earth you can forget your child is in a car and then the poor mite must have basically been cooked to death.

Awful, just awful.

I wonder was the kid strapped into a seat so couldn't get out?

How the police can rule out foul play is beyond me, the parents should be done for negligence or manslaughter at the very least.

Won't ever happen though.

Very sad.

no idea how on earth it can happen, but obviously it does happen, and it seems to be happening quite a lot as well...no parent will think of doing this on purpose (unless they are totally mental, and there is no indication of this in this case)...so I don't think it's 'foul play', as that implies that they did it intentionally...it's just one of those things that can happen (and it does, as this case and similar ones prove)

so unless these parents have a history of neglecting, abusing, mistreating their kids, I don't see why they should be 'done' for anything. The death of their child will be punishment enough.

I don't read BE often, so I have no idea who the latest 'troll' is that you get your knickers in a twist about and keep on replying to (ignoring really is the best option ), but he/she/it actually makes sense as far as i am concerned.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 5:28 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

and the 'you' is meant in general...before there's a misunderstanding
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 6:10 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

The National said that the police have confirmed it is a tragic accident so not sure where Gulf news got foul play and parents being punished. They're not (if it said that - link doesn't work for me.)

They will of course be devastated, but they are responsible. You might not notice your 15 year old missing for four hours but a toddler? Someone has neglected that child and it has died.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 6:45 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by lullabelle
The National said that the police have confirmed it is a tragic accident so not sure where Gulf news got foul play and parents being punished. They're not (if it said that - link doesn't work for me.)

They will of course be devastated, but they are responsible. You might not notice your 15 year old missing for four hours but a toddler? Someone has neglected that child and it has died.
I know, I am not denying that, but jeez, what would be a suitable punishment? If it turns out that these are just normal, a dime a dozen parents (perfect parents don't exist) with no history of neglect? Jail? Fine? Counceling?
Old Jul 4th 2012, 4:30 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by MataHari
I know, I am not denying that, but jeez, what would be a suitable punishment? If it turns out that these are just normal, a dime a dozen parents (perfect parents don't exist) with no history of neglect? Jail? Fine? Counceling?
I see no point in sending them to jail, especially as they probably have several other children. I assume they feel awful and will have to live with the guilt which I'd have thought was punishment enough.

What is needed here is awarenesss. Too many children seem to die in accidents.

(The troll is your admirer, back in his 274th guise)
Old Jul 4th 2012, 5:36 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Golf n Gamble
A possible contrarian who uses the term "my dear"

Who i'm I?

I'm not trolling, I really believe with all my heart that nobody feels worse about the babies death than the parents, and I will not judge them after reading a few sentences in a newspaper.
You won't judge them and have decided to tell others to cease airing their opinions as well it seems.

Most of the talk here is frivolous and pointless...if it's an issue for you there's nothing forcing you to post.

N.
Old Jul 8th 2012, 5:49 am
Bored liberal

And another similar incident. This time the little girl was just two years old.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...ar-for-2-hours
Old Jul 8th 2012, 12:45 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

And another similar incident. This time the little girl was just two years old.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...ar-for-2-hours
It's horrific to imagine how that child felt in the car as they slowly died.

No parental responsibility here at all. They can just say it was god's will.

Meanwhile David Cameron's daughter is left at their local family pub after where everyone knows them for a while and is then picked up and taken home safely but it's a national scandal on par with Garry Glitter getting a teaching job in a nursery.

N.