British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   And the best parent award goes to.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/best-parent-award-goes-763596/)

Kix Jul 2nd 2012 11:07 am

And the best parent award goes to..

Gulf News

How on earth you can forget your child is in a car and then the poor mite must have basically been cooked to death.

Awful, just awful.

I wonder was the kid strapped into a seat so couldn't get out?

How the police can rule out foul play is beyond me, the parents should be done for negligence or manslaughter at the very least.

Won't ever happen though.

Very sad.

Morecambe Mindy Jul 2nd 2012 11:10 am

Re: And the best parent award goes to..

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10150099)
Gulf News

How on earth you can forget your child is in a car and then the poor mite must have basically been cooked to death.

Awful, just awful.

I wonder was the kid strapped into a seat so couldn't get out?

How the police can rule out foul play is beyond me, the parents should be done for negligence or manslaughter at the very least.

Won't ever happen though.

Very sad.

Agreed, couldn't imagine not missing one of my children for so long. Sickening.

Meow Jul 2nd 2012 11:34 am

Forgot the child for FOUR HOURS. How on earth do you do that?

Beyond appalling. That poor child. :(

mikewot Jul 2nd 2012 12:40 pm

http://acidcow.com/pics/20101222/worst_parents_39.jpg

Golf n Gamble Jul 2nd 2012 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10150133)
Forgot the child for FOUR HOURS. How on earth do you do that?

Beyond appalling. That poor child. :(

Wait a second now, we don't know the whole story. The father probably thought the mother had the toddler in a room with her, or the baby was in it's room taking a nap and the mother probably thought the father had the youngster with him. It could happen to anyone and to tell parents that just lost a child that they deserve this is really bad, but to suggest that they should be locked in a cage for it is outrageous.

Maybe we shouldn't be trying potential crimes on message boards with only a paragraph of hearsay evidence to work with?

Bob Jul 2nd 2012 3:14 pm

There's been a few cases in the US of similar things happening, already about 5 deaths last month in Texas, where they get something like 30 or more over the summer.

Meow Jul 2nd 2012 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Golf n Gamble (Post 10150512)
Wait a second now, we don't know the whole story. The father probably thought the mother had the toddler in a room with her, or the baby was in it's room taking a nap and the mother probably thought the father had the youngster with him. It could happen to anyone and to tell parents that just lost a child that they deserve this is really bad, but to suggest that they should be locked in a cage for it is outrageous.

Maybe we shouldn't be trying potential crimes on message boards with only a paragraph of hearsay evidence to work with?

I said it was appalling and it is. And where did I say anything about being 'locked in a cage' or that the parents deserved anything? Stop making things up.

Are you another troll? Or the same one as before?

:rolleyes:

Oyibopeppeh Jul 2nd 2012 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Golf n Gamble (Post 10150512)

It's a bit of a give-away...

"forgetting the child in the back seat"

Oyibopeppeh Jul 2nd 2012 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10150515)

They seem to be breeding of late

Meow Jul 2nd 2012 3:21 pm

I'm off in a sec, so you might want this

http://i49.tinypic.com/6593ph.jpg

Golf n Gamble Jul 2nd 2012 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10150515)
I said it was appalling and it is. And where did I say anything about being 'locked in a cage' or that the parents deserved anything? Stop making things up.

:rolleyes:

No, I quoted your post but I wasn't speaking specifically to you. I was addressing the witch hunt tone that the thread was taking on.

Golf n Gamble Jul 2nd 2012 3:23 pm

These kind of threads are all the same, you read a small blurb from the paper then judge the case as if you've heard all the evidence and sat on the jury in court for 2 weeks...

Stop

Meow Jul 2nd 2012 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Golf n Gamble (Post 10150525)
No, I quoted your post but I wasn't speaking specifically to you. I was addressing the witch hunt tone that the thread was taking on.

If you quote a post it is assumed you are referring to that one. If not, etiquette is to make it clear in order to avoid misunderstanding. Seemed odd to quote me when I had said nothing about punishment or the parents.

And can we remember that a small child has died in truly horrible circumstances? It's not surprising people are horrified at what happened.

Golf n Gamble Jul 2nd 2012 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh (Post 10150520)
They seem to be breeding of late

I guess I should have been outraged like everyone else? Sorry for posting

Oyibopeppeh Jul 2nd 2012 3:26 pm

desert dwellers / niglet / golf n gamble...

piss off and get back under the bridge