Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Best Christmas trees in Dubai

Best Christmas trees in Dubai

Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best Christmas trees in Dubai

Morning people,

I've decided to spend my eid break getting festive, so where sells the best Christmas trees ( but not stupidly overpriced). I'm after a 6 footer, proper green colour, the ones in Ace are pretty crap, can anyone recommend somewhere that has nice quality ones?

Kittycat
x
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:04 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Christmas trees in Dubai

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Morning people,

I've decided to spend my eid break getting festive, so where sells the best Christmas trees ( but not stupidly overpriced). I'm after a 6 footer, proper green colour, the ones in Ace are pretty crap, can anyone recommend somewhere that has nice quality ones?

Kittycat
x
the One has nice ones if you fancy an upside down one theirs was a good price. The best place I have found though is Falcon Gallery in Al Quoz.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

I'm after a 6 footer
Kittycat
x
Aren't we all duckie
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I have a suspicion that I'm being dragged to Dragon Mart this evening - will report back if I see any Christmas trees there.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:34 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not just get a large potted shrub and decorate it? What about a minature palm tree?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ethos- seriously?

Tree found! and a 7ft beast of a tree! Not easy! Just need fairy lights now- has anyone see any anywhere?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Ethos- seriously?

Tree found! and a 7ft beast of a tree! Not easy! Just need fairy lights now- has anyone see any anywhere?
LuLu - you can make the whole place sparkle for under a fiver.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:24 am
Account Closed

We did that for my first Christmas in Dubai. It was fun.

While I agree there's nothing comparable to a proper ten footer it was fun to be creative in the middle of a hot desert.

Are you getting glass balls too? My mother, being American, loads the tree with so many ornaments that one year we had the amusing experience of realising that just one more ball was enough to get the tree to start tipping over.

Ethos- seriously?

Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ethos,

The tree is the most important thing about Christmas! The last time I bought a tree for my parents we ended up having to chop the top off as it was too high for their 10 ft room, my miserable bugger of a father would only ever let me put the tree up a couple of day before chrimbo and then it comes down on my birthday on the 12th Day of xmas(my birthday was always a bit depressing as a child because of this) my x who I lived with for 5 years didn't let me go overboard (far too sensible)and in my last flat in London my housemate refused to let me decorate it as it was his tradition ( bitchy gay guy) so this is my first home that I'm actually able to do whatever I want- note the incredibly girlie decor in general and the excitement in getting my xmas decorations. The ongoing joke with my friends is that any guy that enters my flat leaves gay. (it's not true)

SO in answer to your question yes I have more glass balls than you could wave a stick at and plan on turning my flat into a tasteful but over the top santas grotto. There will be a turning on of the lights ceremony with champers OK its not quite oxford street but it makes it feel more like home.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ethos,

The tree is the most important thing about Christmas! The last time I bought a tree for my parents we ended up having to chop the top off as it was too high for their 10 ft room, my miserable bugger of a father would only ever let me put the tree up a couple of day before chrimbo and then it comes down on my birthday on the 12th Day of xmas(my birthday was always a bit depressing as a child because of this) my x who I lived with for 5 years didn't let me go overboard (far too sensible)and in my last flat in London my housemate refused to let me decorate it as it was his tradition ( bitchy gay guy) so this is my first home that I'm actually able to do whatever I want- note the incredibly girlie decor in general and the excitement in getting my xmas decorations. The ongoing joke with my friends is that any guy that enters my flat leaves gay. (it's not true)

SO in answer to your question yes I have more glass balls than you could wave a stick at and plan on turning my flat into a tasteful but over the top santas grotto. There will be a turning on of the lights ceremony with champers OK its not quite oxford street but it makes it feel more like home.
sounds like my house. We decorate the place with loads of ****ing sparkling reindeers, elfs, nativity scenes, lights, hanging crap etc.

I'm quite happy for all this stuff to go up 3 days before Christmas and be taken down on boxing day... but no, we have to have it up for a month.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Ethos- seriously?

Ace Hardware and Falcon Gallery, my tree is my pride and joy
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Im sure you love it really Millhouse! I think a xmas decorating competition is required!
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:57 am
Concierge

Im sure you love it really Millhouse! I think a xmas decorating competition is required!
I will win
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HAHA Bluecat- you wish!
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:00 am
Account Closed

Are you like my ma? You put so much stuff on the tree that you can't even see the tree?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I will win

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.