British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   best bars for mingling for girls (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/best-bars-mingling-girls-751768/)

kittycat1 Mar 16th 2012 9:48 am

best bars for mingling for girls

Any relatively new people here that have found certain bars better for meeting other newbies? not hook ups but for making some nice friends? looking for a mixed clientele so not just bars full of men, appealing to 20 somethings- any ideas?

Barastis and where else?

Brains1983 Mar 16th 2012 11:30 am

Re: best bars for mingling for girls

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9955998)
Any relatively new people here that have found certain bars better for meeting other newbies? not hook ups but for making some nice friends? looking for a mixed clientele so not just bars full of men, appealing to 20 somethings- any ideas?

Barastis and where else?

Rockafellas in Burdubai has never let me down!

Brains1983 Mar 16th 2012 11:33 am

Sorry, misread the title, thought you were looking for minging girls...

seven seas Mar 16th 2012 11:37 am

Places where any female will have the choice of talking to over 900 guys: any bar in Abu Dhjabi.

kittycat1 Mar 16th 2012 11:39 am

thansk seven seas but im looking for a bar where girls can get chatting to girls (in a non lesbian way before anyone mentions it)

co durham boy Mar 16th 2012 11:54 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9956134)
thansk seven seas but im looking for a bar where girls can get chatting to girls (in a non lesbian way before anyone mentions it)

I love lesbians , i wished i was one ......

Bahtatboy Mar 16th 2012 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 9956121)
Sorry, misread the title, thought you were looking for minging girls...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Millhouse Mar 16th 2012 4:31 pm

What you need is to find someone in Springs 14 with a homebar.

mentalist Mar 16th 2012 4:58 pm

I have always found The Irish Village to be a pleasant, non-hooker scene. Talking of entertaining bars, who has tried the Marines Club at Seaview Hotel, near Port Rashid? The Filipino rock band there is amazing. Enjoyed a fabulous evening there recently, but definitely not what KK is looking for.:p

TGFKASE Mar 17th 2012 2:42 am

Ahhh, the infamous Rock Chick. Was introduced to the Seaview many years ago by an ex-boss. Fantastic band, a shame you have to fight off the 'love you long time' girls...

The Dean Mar 17th 2012 4:46 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9955998)

Barastis and where else?

Are you serious about Barasti?? You're more likely to get raped there while walking from your seat to the bar........... or caught up in rival footy fans having a fight. I hate it almost as much as I hate Fibber McGee's.

If you want a bar with a sort of restaurant-ish feel, try the Nezassezzaisueiezee place at Al Manzil - it's a sports bar but lots of tables for eating, good food, and lots of groups on women in there on a regular basis.

More of a pub-like atmosphere wanted? Dhow & Anchor at JBH attracts 'hen parties' of various vintages, and there are a number of all-ladies teams at the Tuesday Quiz Nights - just turn up and ask to join one......

Meow Mar 17th 2012 10:57 am

To mix with other women, surely the answer is anywhere that has a ladies night?

Cypselos Mar 19th 2012 5:51 am

Nezessaussi does a very civilised ladies night, free food up to 100 AED and it's very good grub, though you do pay for drinks. All very chilled and relaxed.

scrubbedexpat141 Mar 19th 2012 6:19 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 9957397)
Are you serious about Barasti?? You're more likely to get raped there while walking from your seat to the bar........... or caught up in rival footy fans having a fight. I hate it almost as much as I hate Fibber McGee's.

If you want a bar with a sort of restaurant-ish feel, try the Nezassezzaisueiezee place at Al Manzil - it's a sports bar but lots of tables for eating, good food, and lots of groups on women in there on a regular basis.

More of a pub-like atmosphere wanted? Dhow & Anchor at JBH attracts 'hen parties' of various vintages, and there are a number of all-ladies teams at the Tuesday Quiz Nights - just turn up and ask to join one......

Crikey, you hate Barasti don't you.

Nezza's is a great shout though, as someone else mentioned Ladies Night is free grub for birds (up to 100).....I take my mrs there weekly and she thinks it's a treat and that I'm so generous.

Otherwise, McGettigans is fairly chilled and a mixed bag of people.

Yacht club if you want to get snobby.

What about Meridien Village? There are some decent bars there up near Irish village as previously suggested.

mentalist Mar 19th 2012 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9960406)
Nezza's is a great shout though, as someone else mentioned Ladies Night is free grub for birds (up to 100).....

What day of the week is that then?