British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/best-airlines-dubai-beirut-589409/)

Spugsy Feb 5th 2009 7:09 am

BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 
Anyone? Al Jazeerah seem to do loads of stopovers for some reason.....

which ones are best to use?

W10 Feb 5th 2009 7:40 am

Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 
The best airline to use is Malaysian, they do biz class flights for less than dh3,000 usually and economy (used to be) around dh1400

Emirates has the best flight times (and at the moment is just Dh1800 - as I've just booked two return flights), MEA is just appalling.

Air Arabia is cheap and cheerful (but you have to go to Sharjah). Jazeera only has one direct flight.

Spugsy Feb 5th 2009 8:56 am

Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 

Originally Posted by W10 (Post 7250987)
The best airline to use is Malaysian, they do biz class flights for less than dh3,000 usually and economy (used to be) around dh1400

Emirates has the best flight times (and at the moment is just Dh1800 - as I've just booked two return flights), MEA is just appalling.

Air Arabia is cheap and cheerful (but you have to go to Sharjah). Jazeera only has one direct flight.

cheers dude, I can go for 1500 with jazeerah and 1,000 with arabia, sharjah isnt far away from me, where's the airport in sharjah then??

commander Feb 5th 2009 9:08 am

Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 
What's taking you to beruit mate?

It is someplace I've always fancied going to.

Spugsy Feb 5th 2009 9:53 am

Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 

Originally Posted by commander (Post 7251180)
What's taking you to beruit mate?

It is someplace I've always fancied going to.

no-one, me and mrs spugsy are having a few days skiing in the mountains then 2 days in Beirut, it looks ace.

W10 Feb 5th 2009 9:56 am

Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 
I go to Lebanon a few times a year.

Awesome place...really

The mountains, the sea, the history...Beirut is a really cool city.

Spugsy Feb 5th 2009 10:02 am

Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 

Originally Posted by W10 (Post 7251363)
I go to Lebanon a few times a year.

Awesome place...really

The mountains, the sea, the history...Beirut is a really cool city.

yeah it looks awesome.

Sandboy Feb 5th 2009 10:13 am

Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7251138)
cheers dude, I can go for 1500 with jazeerah and 1,000 with arabia, sharjah isnt far away from me, where's the airport in sharjah then??

20 odd minutes from Mirdif, go via Khawaeej to avoid National Paints Rbt

Spugsy Feb 5th 2009 10:38 am

Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 7251431)
20 odd minutes from Mirdif, go via Khawaeej to avoid National Paints Rbt

ace, can you leave your car there as well?

Sandboy Feb 5th 2009 10:49 am

Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7251506)
ace, can you leave your car there as well?

probably, be cheaper to get a taxi though

lionheart Feb 5th 2009 10:54 am

Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 
Do you need a visa to enter Lebanon these days? I flew to Amman, Jordan a few years back and really enjoyed myself.

Bison Feb 5th 2009 11:00 am

Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 

no-one, me and mrs spugsy are having a few days skiing in the mountains then 2 days in Beirut, it looks ace.
Who did you book through, where did you find out about the resorts etc?

Quite fancy a bit of Skiing myself.

Bisonator

Spugsy Feb 5th 2009 11:07 am

Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7251600)
Who did you book through, where did you find out about the resorts etc?

Quite fancy a bit of Skiing myself.

Bisonator

loads of lebanese lasses here big man, they told me where to go,

so: fly from sharjah to lebanon, car picks us up and drives us about 1 hour and a bit to the slopes, check into nice little 4 star hotel for 3 days, we get board hire, insurance and lift passes all in the price, then car takes us to this cool little 5 star boutique (I hate that word) hotel in beirut,

2 days partying and seeing the sights there then fly back home, works out just over £800 each,

seems canny don;t you think?

Vimto Feb 5th 2009 11:14 am

Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 
Spugsy,
you can get a Lebanese visa when you arrive at Beruit airport, I recall it costing US$17 cash at a small counter just before you get to passport control. You can only get a free visa for a 2 day or less visit.

W10 Feb 5th 2009 11:18 am

Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?
 
Nope...its free for British passport holders for up to 3 months.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:52 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.