Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?

BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?

Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:09 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?

Anyone? Al Jazeerah seem to do loads of stopovers for some reason.....

which ones are best to use?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:40 am
W10

Default Re: BEst airlines from Dubai to Beirut?

The best airline to use is Malaysian, they do biz class flights for less than dh3,000 usually and economy (used to be) around dh1400

Emirates has the best flight times (and at the moment is just Dh1800 - as I've just booked two return flights), MEA is just appalling.

Air Arabia is cheap and cheerful (but you have to go to Sharjah). Jazeera only has one direct flight.

Old Feb 5th 2009, 8:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
The best airline to use is Malaysian, they do biz class flights for less than dh3,000 usually and economy (used to be) around dh1400

Emirates has the best flight times (and at the moment is just Dh1800 - as I've just booked two return flights), MEA is just appalling.

Air Arabia is cheap and cheerful (but you have to go to Sharjah). Jazeera only has one direct flight.
cheers dude, I can go for 1500 with jazeerah and 1,000 with arabia, sharjah isnt far away from me, where's the airport in sharjah then??
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:08 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

What's taking you to beruit mate?

It is someplace I've always fancied going to.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:53 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by commander
What's taking you to beruit mate?

It is someplace I've always fancied going to.
no-one, me and mrs spugsy are having a few days skiing in the mountains then 2 days in Beirut, it looks ace.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 9:56 am
W10

I go to Lebanon a few times a year.

Awesome place...really

The mountains, the sea, the history...Beirut is a really cool city.

Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:02 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by W10
I go to Lebanon a few times a year.

Awesome place...really

The mountains, the sea, the history...Beirut is a really cool city.
yeah it looks awesome.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
cheers dude, I can go for 1500 with jazeerah and 1,000 with arabia, sharjah isnt far away from me, where's the airport in sharjah then??
20 odd minutes from Mirdif, go via Khawaeej to avoid National Paints Rbt
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:38 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Sandboy
20 odd minutes from Mirdif, go via Khawaeej to avoid National Paints Rbt
ace, can you leave your car there as well?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
ace, can you leave your car there as well?
probably, be cheaper to get a taxi though
Old Feb 5th 2009, 10:54 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you need a visa to enter Lebanon these days? I flew to Amman, Jordan a few years back and really enjoyed myself.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:00 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

no-one, me and mrs spugsy are having a few days skiing in the mountains then 2 days in Beirut, it looks ace.
Who did you book through, where did you find out about the resorts etc?

Quite fancy a bit of Skiing myself.

Bisonator
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:07 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Bison
Who did you book through, where did you find out about the resorts etc?

Quite fancy a bit of Skiing myself.

Bisonator
loads of lebanese lasses here big man, they told me where to go,

so: fly from sharjah to lebanon, car picks us up and drives us about 1 hour and a bit to the slopes, check into nice little 4 star hotel for 3 days, we get board hire, insurance and lift passes all in the price, then car takes us to this cool little 5 star boutique (I hate that word) hotel in beirut,

2 days partying and seeing the sights there then fly back home, works out just over £800 each,

seems canny don;t you think?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute

Spugsy,
you can get a Lebanese visa when you arrive at Beruit airport, I recall it costing US$17 cash at a small counter just before you get to passport control. You can only get a free visa for a 2 day or less visit.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:18 am
W10

Nope...its free for British passport holders for up to 3 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.