Berlin

Old Jul 23rd 2017, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Berlin

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Barely. You have a much broader range of non-stop destinations from Dubai than we do in Qatar. Fly Dubai flies to Prague and Croatia non-stop now. And the ticket was still 3200 QAR. I could gone through Turkey for 3/5 the price but it adds hours and it's Turkish Airways and Istanbul airport is a mess.

On the bright side, Qatar Airways is forever offering upgrades to business for fairly reasonable sums. I booked the flight Friday and this morning got an email offering to upgrade to business, 2,000 QAR each way.

Thought about it but the flight to Berlin is in the afternoon and arrives at 8ish Berlin time, so scratch that. Return leg is 10:30 PM Berlin arriving in DOH at 5:30 AM and was tempted but 2,000 is a bit for a 6.5 hour flight.

At least with China it's 9 hours each way and the upgrade was only 1450 QAR....
Yes and no. It cost me 4,800 for my weekend return to Berlin from Abu Dhabi. Add 300 in cabs each way, that's 5,400. That was in economy in a seat that didn't offer me legroom, or in fact room to exist.

Having just done FlyDubai for 4.5 to Sri Lanka I wouldn't go anything further than that with them I don't think.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Take a walk around one of the parks, and occasionally sit and pretend to stick something underneath then walk on and make a random chalk mark on a lampost.....could be fun!!
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Oh be sure to wear a trilby and a trench coat!! And if stopped give your name as Kim Guy Donald Dubai wink wink!
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 1:02 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

I'm now willing to pay extra for non stop these days. Hate layovers.

I don't think you're missing much. There's nice things to see, including several wonderful art / antiquities museums and the royal palace complex at Potsdam but most of the city is drab, dreary postwar / EU postmodern bureaucratic drabness and with a weird population. It's hugely popular among hipsters these days (explains it all) but Munich is probably the best city in Germany.
Hate layovers and much prefer daytime flights, too. And totally agree about Munich. It's our favourite city in Germany and has been for over 30 years - we also have very good friends there, too, which is a bonus. So it's going to be 14.30 flight MCT to MUC which gets us to the hotel by about 21.30 - time to dump the bags and hit the bar for a supper of steak tartare and a few drinks. Then training to Stuttgart (Porsche museum and Schweinmuseum ), Cologne and then Frankfurt before another direct, non-stop, daytime flight back to MCT which should see us walking indoors by about 20.00.

Roll on 13th August
Old Jul 24th 2017, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Always fancied Berlin, but to be honest, the alleged debauchery that goes off there kinds frightens me a little. Just have the impression that it will like a live version of Eurotrash and characters abound like Antoine de Caunes and Jean Paul Gaultier.....

I think Saudi has turned me into a conservative.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

You know....

It is quite possible to travel to a city without visiting the sex clubs or bars.

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Always fancied Berlin, but to be honest, the alleged debauchery that goes off there kinds frightens me a little. Just have the impression that it will like a live version of Eurotrash and characters abound like Antoine de Caunes and Jean Paul Gaultier.....

I think Saudi has turned me into a conservative.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

You know....

It is quite possible to travel to a city without visiting the sex clubs or bars.
Yeah, but......where's the fun in that?
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:51 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Yeah, but......where's the fun in that?
Exactly I lived in Berlin in the middle of the 90's for a while, close to the east side and really enjoyed it. I have returned a few times since but like anything you revisit it never seems as good as the first time.
Anyhow there were many levels of debauchery available, depending on your personal limits. I was more into the techno (and ecstasy scene) at the time rather than the flesh pits, though often inadvertently wound up in them
Old Jul 25th 2017, 12:23 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Have you seen any of the Travel Man programmes? They include various interesting and often quirky idea.

This is the Berlin episode: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/t...mand/62523-008

The Dubai one was surprisingly good. All listed here: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/t...episode-guide/
Old Jul 25th 2017, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Meow
Have you seen any of the Travel Man programmes? They include various interesting and often quirky idea.

This is the Berlin episode: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/t...mand/62523-008

The Dubai one was surprisingly good. All listed here: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/t...episode-guide/
I only saw the first couple of these, didn't know there were quite so many. Thanks
Old Jul 25th 2017, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.berlin.de/en/public-transportation/

It has changed a lot since my time there as a student in the 1960s !
Old Jul 28th 2017, 6:55 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 29th 2017, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The Third man was in Vienna. I was in Berlin !
Old Jul 30th 2017, 11:30 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The Third man was in Vienna. I was in Berlin !
Doh...
Old Jul 30th 2017, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Never mind, Bahtatboy. Displaying this level of intelligence should get you a job in MI6 ! Berstn. Vienna. Moscow, warsaw. What is the difference ? They are all foreign and full of beastly foreigners, speaking ni strange tongues !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.