Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Belgian nursery stabbing

Belgian nursery stabbing

Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Belgian nursery stabbing

People will always resort to something creative no matter if there was a gun ban or not. Just look at the crime rate in New Zealand. I myself am in favor of people owning guns for personal protection but I think with Pres. Obama's previous proposal as a senator with restricting guns, Americans may have a difficult time protecting themselves in the near future.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Kids are instant Karma, if they grow up and become psycho killers as adults it´s because our society are raising killers to a large degree.

The more complicated and competitive human life becomes while the parts that accept you regardless like family, church etc weakens you will get a growing number of people that feel unwanted and betrayed, among them there will be a proportionate number that will strike at what "others" hold dearest..like their kids

This is also a reason for the accelerating numbers of kids and grownups that join alternative communities, be they criminal or religious communities like street gangs or odd sects..They will accept them and that is all many are asking for.

IMHO of course...
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaWarrior
People will always resort to something creative no matter if there was a gun ban or not. Just look at the crime rate in New Zealand. I myself am in favor of people owning guns for personal protection but I think with Pres. Obama's previous proposal as a senator with restricting guns, Americans may have a difficult time protecting themselves in the near future.
The gun buyback scheme in Australia has seen an end to the spate of mass murders that took place in the 80's (touch wood). Criminals will still get guns and shoot each other, kids on farms will still top themselves, but it's put an end to nutjobs walking into a gun store and buying a gun purely for the purpose of getting themselves in the in the news. Google Martin Bryant, Joseph Schwab, Hoddle Street Massacre, Queen Street Massacre. You can still own a gun if you're licensed, just not a semi-automatic one.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy

I'm not saying any more. These things depress me on so many levels and I'm not here to start an argument.
I agree littlejimmy - I just feel so sad when I read these things and I will feel sick walking out of school today and leaving my three kids there.