BeIn Sports

Old Feb 24th 2014, 7:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default BeIn Sports

Anyone else see the ads saying need to register box etc?

I've got a Du box, not one of the Humax ones they talked about, reckon my first port of call should be ringing Du?

****ing tossers.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BeIn Sports

Originally Posted by Scamp
Anyone else see the ads saying need to register box etc?

I've got a Du box, not one of the Humax ones they talked about, reckon my first port of call should be ringing Du?

****ing tossers.
I had the card inside a Showtime box - the Showtime engineer fitted it. For some reason it's not been working for the past couple of weeks, it just freezes the screen.

Looking forward to the call to the feckwits at Showtime who will tell me it's not their problem....
Old Feb 24th 2014, 8:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Du just told me they haven't been told anything.

BeIn sports told me to buy their box.

I've just emailed Du telling them they're ***** and that I'm not paying for Al Jazeera anymore if it's not sorted on Saturday...not that it will get me very far but I think I've been pretty patient (like most) in still paying the same amount for a third of the service...
Old Feb 24th 2014, 8:31 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Uuummm, I'm guessing you weren't aware of this story? Workmates wife broke it.

"The head of broadcaster OSN launched an attack on rival beIN Sports on Wednesday as it was revealed that hundreds of thousands of viewers will have to buy new set-top boxes to continue watching big sports events.

Sports fans have been unable since Friday to watch the beIN Sports range of channels, which includes football matches from the Barclays Premier League in England, on OSN set-top boxes.

After initially telling viewers who complained that it was investigating a technical issue, OSN finally admitted on Wednesday that the only solution was to buy a new set-top box for the beIN Sports viewing card. “Unfortunately, there is nothing OSN can do,” the broadcaster said on Twitter."

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/techno...-set-top-boxes
Old Feb 24th 2014, 8:45 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
Uuummm, I'm guessing you weren't aware of this story? Workmates wife broke it.

"The head of broadcaster OSN launched an attack on rival beIN Sports on Wednesday as it was revealed that hundreds of thousands of viewers will have to buy new set-top boxes to continue watching big sports events.

Sports fans have been unable since Friday to watch the beIN Sports range of channels, which includes football matches from the Barclays Premier League in England, on OSN set-top boxes.

After initially telling viewers who complained that it was investigating a technical issue, OSN finally admitted on Wednesday that the only solution was to buy a new set-top box for the beIN Sports viewing card. “Unfortunately, there is nothing OSN can do,” the broadcaster said on Twitter."

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/techno...-set-top-boxes
I'm guessing that this is all to do with the illegal boxes in UK etc.

One of our guys in Qatar (working with Qatari telcos) says that BEin could not verify location based on the none BEin original boxes. I have my BEin through my eLife connection which should prove my location by way of the IP address being UAE - hope that we dont have to make changes and I also hope that if they sort this mess out, BEin may get all of the games back. I know I'm hoping for too much in this part of the world, but we can always dream........
Old Feb 24th 2014, 9:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TheShed
I'm guessing that this is all to do with the illegal boxes in UK etc.

One of our guys in Qatar (working with Qatari telcos) says that BEin could not verify location based on the none BEin original boxes. I have my BEin through my eLife connection which should prove my location by way of the IP address being UAE - hope that we dont have to make changes and I also hope that if they sort this mess out, BEin may get all of the games back. I know I'm hoping for too much in this part of the world, but we can always dream........
I can see BeIn disappearing from my Du box. Currently investigating how to get a box and it's a ****ing nightmare.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

It’s a total ****ing shambles, but trying to get any kind of refund or guidance on what to do will be like pissing in the wind.

Who has the broadcast rights for the World Cup in this part of the world? That’s probably going to be the kicker whether I buy a new box or not.

And, how long are BeIn's deals for the Premier, Scottish Premier and Champions Leagues?
Old Feb 24th 2014, 9:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
It’s a total ****ing shambles, but trying to get any kind of refund or guidance on what to do will be like pissing in the wind.

Who has the broadcast rights for the World Cup in this part of the world? That’s probably going to be the kicker whether I buy a new box or not.

And, how long are BeIn's deals for the Premier, Scottish Premier and Champions Leagues?
BeIn are advertising that I need to subscribe to them for World Cup.

Does anyone know if you can even run two decoders? If I buy the BEin box the new one and the Du box be connected to the wall?

I ****ing hate this country sometimes. Really ****ing hate it. It's so ****ing simple to provide a simple ****ing service and not to act like a bunch of shit **** ****ing half-wits who just insist on making life difficult for the ****ing sake of it.

I'm well aware this is a true first world problem but this ******** move from BeIn is basically going to mean that I stream football now, meaning I'm increasing the number of illegal football watchers by 1 (assuming all other people do nothing). The ****ing idiots. The stupid ****ing idiots.

**** you BeIn sports, **** you Du, **** you ******** country and your pathetic attempts at building good service businesses. **** this region and their inability to do anything properly. You oxygen stealing ****-muppets. You're all wankers. #sorryforswearing.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if you can even run two decoders? If I buy the BEin box the new one and the Du box be connected to the wall?

I ****ing hate this country sometimes. Really ****ing hate it. It's so ****ing simple to provide a simple ****ing service and not to act like a bunch of shit **** ****ing half-wits who just insist on making life difficult for the ****ing sake of it.

I'm well aware this is a true first world problem but this ******** move from BeIn is basically going to mean that I stream football now, meaning I'm increasing the number of illegal football watchers by 2 (assuming all other people do nothing). The ****ing idiots. The stupid ****ing idiots.

**** you BeIn sports, **** you Du, **** you ******** country and your pathetic attempts at building good service businesses. **** this region and their inability to do anything properly. You oxygen stealing ****-muppets. You're all wankers. #sorryforswearing.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Bongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond reputeBongoman2 has a reputation beyond repute

**** the *** and they ****, to be ****
The "****", what a **** of ****ing ****
Old Feb 24th 2014, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Won't the World Cup be on BBC/ITV? If so, ditch these regional cowboys and watch through a VPN/DNS hidden IP address?

I've watched all the Six Nations matches on the BBC and only had a couple of very brief buffering issues.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 11:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack

I'm well aware this is a true first world problem but this ******** move from BeIn is basically going to mean that I stream football now, meaning I'm increasing the number of illegal football watchers by 2 (assuming all other people do nothing). The ****ing idiots. The stupid ****ing idiots.

You copying me?

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Won't the World Cup be on BBC/ITV? If so, ditch these regional cowboys and watch through a VPN/DNS hidden IP address?

I've watched all the Six Nations matches on the BBC and only had a couple of very brief buffering issues.
Can't be dealing with buffering and stuff, it's always a pain in the arse....
Old Feb 24th 2014, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

Here's the response I got from Du....helpful?

Thank you for your email dated 24th February, 2014.

Kindly be informed that Al Jazeera has recently reduced the coverage of the games that they show on Saturday. In the announcement released Al Jazeera explained the decision has been taken to tackle the piracy of their sports channels in the region. They are working with the Premier League to introduce a new secure technology that will allow them to resume the full coverage of the Barclays Premier League.

The schedules of the Al Jazeera Sports channels, recently rebranded to beIN Sports, are beyond du control. Al Jazeera decides which content each channel will show. Kindly note Du is only a distributor of the channels and packages being provided by the platform providers, while the platform provider holds the right to broadcast/Change the package through our network.

The message broadcast by Al Jazeera is for non-du customers who get the service directly from Al Jazeera with a dish. We request you kindly ignore the below message.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

No need for Vpn to watch iplayer, 4od, hulu, etc if you're using Chrome browser, there's a 3rd party plugin you manually download and install yourself. If you need details PM me. Not posting it public so they can combat it.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jam25mack

Never come between a man and his sports, it will never end well.

I do feel your pain though. Really miss AD Sports now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.