Beggars Then....

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beggars Then....

Um, no. Just making a comment - the previous post was about Saudi so I assumed yours was as well.

N
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:00 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

But now having read it again I assume you were talking to W10 ? But still think there are more poor people here than middle to upper richness.

N
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Jacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really nice

Yes I was replying to the previous poster!

Maybe you are right; I suppose I have just been around the 'middle strata' most.

The extremes of wealth and poverty are so marked here.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:06 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nic1
But now having read it again I assume you were talking to W10 ? But still think there are more poor people here than middle to upper richness.

N

not you nic, was a response to this remark

"But really, the vast majority of people in this country are on the middle of the social scale I would say, with a few very rich and a few very poor"
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:07 pm
W10

It might be like the sixth sense

"I see rich people"

I mean, defining 'poor' as 'on the streets and begging'...yowser. Quite apart from the legal problems begging openly caused in this part of the world. Beggars generally aren't stupid enough to be doing it in shopping malls.

Last edited by W10; Feb 3rd 2009 at 4:10 pm.

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:08 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Um, no. Just making a comment - the previous post was about Saudi so I assumed yours was as well.

N

N
Originally Posted by Jacquie77
Yes I was replying to the previous poster!

Maybe you are right; I suppose I have just been around the 'middle strata' most.

The extremes of wealth and poverty are so marked here.

how about using the 'quote' facility...prevents any misunderstandings...
unless you are all posting from your blueberries that is...
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
how about using the 'quote' facility...prevents any misunderstandings...
unless you are all posting from your blueberries that is...
I was just going to point that out...Thank you for pointing it out yourself and saving me the hassle of writing those 6 words...
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Jacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really niceJacquie77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by W10
It might be like the sixth sense

"I see rich people"

I mean, defining 'poor' as 'on the streets and begging'...yowser.
Sheesh...OK, I didn't realise I had to define every single term I used so explicitly and literally. I was responding to someone who had said his step-daughter had asked him about the rich and poor of this country.

I should have originally said fewer MEGA rich and fewer extremely poor; the latter meaning those with literally no home.

Of course I well aware that poverty is relative and although you might have a roof over your head etc you can be living in extreme poverty.

Have I offended you or something W10?

I have literally been on this site less that one hour and already you seem to have a problem with me.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Sheesh...OK, I didn't realise I had to define every single term I used so explicitly and literally. I was responding to someone who had said his step-daughter had asked him about the rich and poor of this country.

I should have originally said fewer MEGA rich and fewer extremely poor; the latter meaning those with literally no home.

Of course I well aware that poverty is relative and although you might have a roof over your head etc you can be living in extreme poverty.

I have literally been on this site less that one hour and already you seem to have a problem with me.
Oh, no - W10 is a gent... Don't be put off, we need some new blood around here...
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:18 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Oh, no - W10 is a gent... Don't be put off, we need some new blood around here...
hmmmmmmmmm....
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Think of it as your initiation...Some people get the 3 days treatment, others get the 3 months treatment...
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:24 pm
W10

It's been a long day, but I don't have a problem with you...just statements like that....grrr

The Gulf region has one of the biggest gulfs (arf) between rich and poor of anywhere in the world (maybe India...). To suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

In the UAE for example - More than half of the population earn a few hundred dollars a month. There are hundreds of thousands of service industry workers crammed 20 to an apartment because it is the only way they can afford anything.

Get caught begging on the streets and you're pretty much in jail, then deported.

If you live in Saudi, then I'm guessing you don't really see it much anyway...compound, work, mall...

Think about the salary maids/cleaners/drivers get paid...you think they are middle class or poor?

Now l've got that off my chest...lets kiss and make up.

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
hmmmmmmmmm....
What??? Just bein' neighbourly, like......
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes I know I should use the quote facility - just can't be arsed basically. Will try harder next time

W10 - you do see poverty in Saudi - all over the place.

N

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.