British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Beer/food tonight (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/beer-food-tonight-522868/)

Chris79 Mar 19th 2008 5:36 am

Beer/food tonight

This will be my first dry day since I've been here. What happens? Are all the restaurants and bars open as normal but serve no alcohol? Is there no place that serves, like some dodgy back alley bar!!
I want to go out tonight but there is no point if everywhere is going to be dead or closed.:unsure:

Spugsy Mar 19th 2008 6:33 am

Re: Beer/food tonight

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 6082627)
This will be my first dry day since I've been here. What happens? Are all the restaurants and bars open as normal but serve no alcohol? Is there no place that serves, like some dodgy back alley bar!!
I want to go out tonight but there is no point if everywhere is going to be dead or closed.:unsure:

Save yourself for tomorrow mate,

stay in and wash your hair

:)

lionheart Mar 19th 2008 6:51 am

When in Rome....just abide by the rules and you will be okay here...drinking on a dry night is very offensive so wait until 6pm Thursday when you can still enjoy a drink or three over the weekend...or pop around to Mirdif and help exterminate those nasty cockroaches.

Chris79 Mar 19th 2008 7:26 am

Looks like I'm stopping in and washin my hair then!! At least I can be on the beach nice and early tomorrow and work up a thirst for tomorrow night.
I don't like cockroaches so I'll pass on the extermination job!! lol

arbroath_abroad Mar 19th 2008 9:12 am

Looks like I'm stopping in and washin my hair then!!
you have hair??

Blue Cat Mar 19th 2008 10:55 am

I have been to the Lakes Club this morning and there was no sign up about it being dry tonight, very strange :confused:

arbroath_abroad Mar 19th 2008 11:06 am

the one night i am home alone sans wife and child....and i cant go out for a pint in AD.........how crap is that..:(

Blue Cat Mar 19th 2008 11:06 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6083787)
the one night i am home alone sans wife and child....and i cant go out for a pint in AD.........how crap is that..:(

I would ring round and check that it is definately dry :(

arbroath_abroad Mar 19th 2008 11:09 am

must be...folk on here said so.....

And as a collective, we are not wrong a lot:)

Blue Cat Mar 19th 2008 11:23 am

just thought it odd there was no sign up at the Lakes, it is normally on the door :confused:

ad_carole Mar 19th 2008 11:23 am

Hello,

My boyfriend and I will be arriving in Abu Dhabi on Thursday night. Is there something going on or is there anyone who has time to meet up with us on Friday or Saturday afternoon or evening? Its our first time there and we are very excited and would be happy to meet with anyone who has time to hang out for a bit.
thank you!
Carole

arbroath_abroad Mar 19th 2008 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6083858)
just thought it odd there was no sign up at the Lakes, it is normally on the door :confused:

I agree, maybe they have just forgot to put it up?

Anyway, we are in Dxb this weekend, maybe see you around the lakes?

Im taking my bike so Friday morning ill be around the bazaars risking life and limb:D

Blue Cat Mar 19th 2008 11:28 am

horse racing Friday afternoon, Lakes on Saturday I think ;)

Miss Eck Mar 19th 2008 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6083865)
I agree, maybe they have just forgot to put it up?

Anyway, we are in Dxb this weekend, maybe see you around the lakes?

Im taking my bike so Friday morning ill be around the bazaars risking life and limb:D

Is that a push bike? Hubby out on a MotoX bike on Friday .. now if you fancy risking life and limb that is where you need to be!

Madam Medusa Mar 19th 2008 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6083791)
I would ring round and check that it is definately dry :(

it is definitely dry...can't imagine the lakes would be any different...

MM, xx