Beer in Dubai - weird!

Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:29 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beer in Dubai - weird!

Originally Posted by RitchieD

Age is just a number anyway, Groucho Marx had it right when he said you're only as old as the woman you feel
Well I am not feeling any women right now!

Surely it works the other way around too? That's why my chap is younger then me!
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:39 am
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light

Age is just a number anyway, Groucho Marx had it right when he said you're only as old as the woman you feel
Cool, in that case 36
Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jvr20
that will be great experience - are you in EPC then? I tried for ages to get into the EPC game.... given up now though

I know FW - they wouldn't give me an interview back in 2001 (they didn't even acknowledge my application) so I've never been back even when the agents wre on my case all last summer
Oh dear, doesn't sound good. They're a good company but the HR dept leaves a little to be desired. Let me know if you are still interested though, we're recruiting like crazy at the moment.

EPC yes, this is my first experience of site though and it's already broadening my mind so the construction side of it should be excellent, although the 60 hour weeks may take their toll!!
Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, doesn't sound good. They're a good company but the HR dept leaves a little to be desired. Let me know if you are still interested though, we're recruiting like crazy at the moment.

EPC yes, this is my first experience of site though and it's already broadening my mind so the construction side of it should be excellent, although the 60 hour weeks may take their toll!!
cool - we can chat tomorrow inbetween quiz questions
Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:28 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I'm trying to make an effort and get out more too but like you say there's always the problem of transport - the hotel bar would be ideal if it didn't suck!

I'm not an operator either - I'm an engineer for an engineering contractor called Foster Wheeler. We're building ENOC an expansion to their Jebel Ali refinery. I'm only here for 2 months initially but come January will be on-site for about 18 months.
Give Bernie my regards...
Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

My second cousin works for FW in Paris...Well,he did in 2000,haven't spoken to him since...
Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by beebee
Give Bernie my regards...
Bernie Marren? I think, just had shoulder operation?

Will do next time I'm at site
Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

You were the one who threw him off the rig,weren't you???
Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:43 pm

beebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Have not spoken to him in a while.. got an apt for one of the guys there, (scottish chap who used to get so lost driving to his apartment, and used to call me for directions) dealt with bernie with the rental..nice guy.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Speaking of rentals, someone last night said I should contact you re renting a 1 bed in the marina area? It wouldn't be until next year but I was thinking I'd look around a few places while I'm over here at the moment.

I'm going back to the UK next week but will be back from 19th Oct. Would it be possible to arrange some viewings?
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:57 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of rentals, someone last night said I should contact you re renting a 1 bed in the marina area? It wouldn't be until next year but I was thinking I'd look around a few places while I'm over here at the moment.

I'm going back to the UK next week but will be back from 19th Oct. Would it be possible to arrange some viewings?
just send Beebee a PM, she'll be sure to see it that way...