British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Bedtimes.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/bedtimes-560777/)

MataHari Sep 10th 2008 7:09 pm

Bedtimes....

what would you consider normal bedtime for a 15 year old on a schoolnight...cause apparently I know nothing about it...or so I was just told by said boy...

Kim67 Sep 10th 2008 7:14 pm

Re: Bedtimes....

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6769920)
what would you consider normal bedtime for a 15 year old on a schoolnight...cause apparently I know nothing about it...or so I was just told by said boy...

I think 10.30 for a 15 year old would be fair. Though depends how early they have to get up for school next day.

My 9 year old gets sent to bed at 7.30pm on school nights with her younger siblings and apparently all her friends are allowed up much later - I too no nothing, so don't take my advice.

The Dean Sep 10th 2008 7:35 pm

You have a 15 year old?

You don't look old enough..........

Spugsy Sep 10th 2008 7:46 pm

I used to always complain I was sent to bed too early, or my mates were still out playing footy when I had to come in, at 15 I guess about 10ish, but I think you should say 11.

Inselaffen Sep 10th 2008 7:49 pm

for a stroppy one it would be 8pm!

shakh your bootie Sep 10th 2008 9:26 pm

Hmm.When I was 15, I knew what time my folks crashed out. Would fake a bed-time before this and then go out and do my thaaaang. Worked real good 'till the Kuwait constabulary busted my ass one day...... Pops beat the crap outta me aftertimes, bless him. Still, he did spring me from the joint first.

Hope this helps.... ;)

The Dean Sep 10th 2008 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6770437)
Hmm.When I was 15, I knew what time my folks crashed out. Would fake a bed-time before this and then go out and do my thaaaang. Worked real good 'till the Kuwait constabulary busted my ass one day...... Pops beat the crap outta me aftertimes, bless him. Still, he did spring me from the joint first.

Hope this helps.... ;)

Can't wait for the publication of your autobiog..........

Sue Sep 10th 2008 10:13 pm

I've had the same conversation with our 15 year old too. His current lights out time on a school night is 10pm, (but he often stretches that out by taking 15 mins to clean his teeth ;)), and around 11pm on a non-school night.

Charismatic Sep 10th 2008 11:40 pm

:rofl:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northamptonshir...enager_270.jpg
Your old, you should be dead! :p

Seriously though I could pretty much do whatever I wanted when I was 15. Stayed up as late as I wanted to and no one even asked where I had been if I stumbled home drunk. Let me serve as a reminder of why you need rules, or your son to could end up wasting his life studying at university :ohmy:. Seriously you can do as you want as long as your willing to suffer the consequences, try going to bed at 4am and getting up at 7am for a few weeks and suddenly you realise why humans need sleep patterns :(. Mind you I don't have children so...

MataHari Sep 11th 2008 3:24 am

he thinks 11 is normal...I say 10...so it's the battle of the hour every night...
he does go to bed every afternoon, since it's too hot to be outside anyway and uses that as an excuse (and the old EVERYBODY is allowed to stay out later)
I guess it's partly a selfish thing from me, longing for the days that the house was quiet after 7.00 pm...

MissDemeanor Sep 11th 2008 4:35 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6771156)
he thinks 11 is normal...I say 10...so it's the battle of the hour every night...
he does go to bed every afternoon, since it's too hot to be outside anyway and uses that as an excuse (and the old EVERYBODY is allowed to stay out later)
I guess it's partly a selfish thing from me, longing for the days that the house was quiet after 7.00 pm...

Tell him EVERYBODY doesnt live in your house so tough shit.

MataHari Sep 11th 2008 4:40 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6771234)
Tell him EVERYBODY doesnt live in your house so tough shit.

he's taller than me...you tell him

MissDemeanor Sep 11th 2008 4:44 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6771238)
he's taller than me...you tell him

how can he be taller than you?!

MataHari Sep 11th 2008 4:47 am

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor (Post 6771244)
how can he be taller than you?!

he wasn't always like that...

MissDemeanor Sep 11th 2008 4:48 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6771251)
he wasn't always like that...

now that would have been scary!