Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:02 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beautiful morning today

Gorgeous weather this morning, no?

I will miss this....er...a bit.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:09 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beautiful morning today

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Gorgeous weather this morning, no?

I will miss this....er...a bit.
alot I would say, but yes fabulous weather today
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

starting to get a bit hot for me now- went out walking/running last night around the greens and not only did I get attacked by the mozzies I was sweating like a whore in church! So hot and sweaty and scratching- its not a good look! I'd like it 5 degrees cooler please!

What else are you going to miss Ethos?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
starting to get a bit hot for me now- went out walking/running last night around the greens and not only did I get attacked by the mozzies I was sweating like a whore in church! So hot and sweaty and scratching- its not a good look! I'd like it 5 degrees cooler please!

It's too cold for me!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:22 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Not so beautiful if you were facing the aftermath of this catastrophe...and they are predicting yet more earthquakes and possible tsunamis to come...imagine being in that boat getting swept away.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-its-path.html
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

are you dead bluecat? obviously no hot blood runs through your veins! It was lovely 5 degrees ago!

Good sunbathing weather at the mo though, as in nice when your nearly naked, by a pool and aren't trying to do anything other than read a book. Although I am gonna try and even out my tan as still have ridiculous sun burn marks from Doha last year!

Why is it that legs take so much longer to tan than the rest of your body?
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lionheart my heart goes out to these people- I can't even imagine what they are going through, but thigs like this should make you appreciate everything you have, we are all very lucky to have our health and be a in a country where you can enjoy lovely weather, and whatever else you enjoy- you may find it hard to get past the suffering people are going through, and I don't say forget about them at all, but life is short and incredibly fragile- you should try to enjoy every minute because in a flash it can be gone.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:31 am
Concierge

are you dead bluecat? obviously no hot blood runs through your veins! It was lovely 5 degrees ago!

Good sunbathing weather at the mo though, as in nice when your nearly naked, by a pool and aren't trying to do anything other than read a book. Although I am gonna try and even out my tan as still have ridiculous sun burn marks from Doha last year!

I tan at the drop of a hat, but not in this weather, not hot enough
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

WOW not hot enough! Obviously you are olive skinned, I however am from the lily white variety- I got 2nd degree burns in 34 degree heat which isnt much warmer than this! The worst thing my legs burnt and still didnt bloody tan!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 5:55 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was going to say good Indian/Pakistani grub, but realised one can get them in the UK these days, as long as you avoid the typical Brit Balti places.

No, I'd say I'd also miss the ease of going away on quick camping trips in Oman and in the desert. I've gone camping four times this year already and it's fantastic (especially as one doesn't need to worry about rain and mud).

Deep inside, I'll even miss the flash materialistic culture of Dubai. It's always good for laughs. For all the swipings and whinging about chavs, 99.99% of Dubai still dresses nicely, are clean, relatively well behaved (ok, ok, yes there are arseholes but it's not like the UK where thugs smoke and drink on buses and people are afraid to speak against it).

I'll miss being able to come home every evening and doing a quick 500m swim in my pool and cooling down afterwards watching the sun set behind the Marina skyline and the nighttime lights on the towers glow against a darkening sky.

Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:20 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Great weather for footy, beach and more important jumping into the sea and floating around on your back for a while.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 6:48 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

WOW not hot enough! Obviously you are olive skinned, I however am from the lily white variety- I got 2nd degree burns in 34 degree heat which isnt much warmer than this! The worst thing my legs burnt and still didnt bloody tan!
and I thought I was the only one with legs seemingly belonging to a totally different person! I can't get them to tan to save my life.

... and yes, it's on the borderline for me now. I'm trying to get my head around (ie living in denial) about the lunchtime "school run" from now on. I catch the bus or the metro usually, which requires a 3-5 minute walk either end. Hopefully Miss Kitty's too young to be embarrassed about having the skankiest, sweatiest mum at pick-up!
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:37 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I tan at the drop of a hat, but not in this weather, not hot enough
HAve you been outside? I am sunburnt to buggery from the footy on the weekend.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:44 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Spugsy
HAve you been outside? I am sunburnt to buggery from the footy on the weekend.
course I have been outside give it a few more weeks