Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Beards Are Good For You

Beards Are Good For You

Old Feb 19th 2013, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Beards Are Good For You

Well, according to the Daily Mail...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-good-you.html
Has anyone on here, besides myself, grown a beard since being here?
Old Feb 19th 2013, 5:18 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beards Are Good For You

**** me, if you cover the face not exposing it to direct sunlight it protects against sun damage, who'd have thunk it:
A fuzzy face offers significant protection against sun damage and skin cancer, according to a recent study from the University of Southern Queensland published in the journal Radiation Protection Dosimetry.
The researchers found that the parts of the face covered by beards and moustaches on average had a third less exposure to harmful UV rays compared with hair-free areas.

And no beard, ever. Maximum I've gone without a shave is 7 days whilst sailing. Don't like them and I feel really scruffy.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 5:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

I love a beard.

I've got one at the moment, I hate shaving and am almost never clean shaven - I look like a chunky over-grown 12 year old.

Plus, stroking a beard is much cooler.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

I hate being clean shaven!
Old Feb 19th 2013, 6:10 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
I love a beard.

I've got one at the moment, I hate shaving and am almost never clean shaven - I look like a chunky over-grown 12 year old.

Plus, stroking a beard is much cooler.
I have taken to having mine trimmed once a week now at the local barber. £8 for an hour and a half hair & beard trim and massage. Bargain.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 6:16 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I have taken to having mine trimmed once a week now at the local barber. £8 for an hour and a half hair & beard trim and massage. Bargain.
Interesting, I invested in a braun thing so I can trim my face fuzz and ball fro with ease.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 6:18 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Interesting, I invested in a braun thing so I can trim my face fuzz and ball fro with ease.
You cant get the neck clean though. The neck should be fluff free else you look a scruffy scamp. Far better to let the jingly experts loose with a cut throat.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 6:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britexpat76
You cant get the neck clean though. The neck should be fluff free else you look a scruffy scamp. Far better to let the jingly experts loose with a cut throat.
I just use a normal blade for that. Oh, and for my cheeks, being a real man I get hair to an inch of my eyes.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased to see that Britexpat76 is following the Sunna of the Prophet and toting a beard like the Pious Ones.

I will remain clean-shaven, as befits a gentleman.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 6:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scot47
Pleased to see that Britexpat76 is following the Sunna of the Prophet and toting a beard like the Pious Ones.

I will remain clean-shaven, as befits a gentleman.
King George V not a gentleman?

Old Feb 19th 2013, 6:53 am
Shark Fisherman

Read this, It supports the fact that people with facial hair are far more intelligent.

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/styl...beards#slide-1
Old Feb 19th 2013, 7:00 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

kept a beard for years and years, was ok I guess but it needs trimming every week
went through a mid-life crisis and am down to a goatee now
but yeah, hate being clean shaven
dont know about the protection from sun part though as the dome upstairs is accepting all sorts of traffic
Old Feb 19th 2013, 7:05 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mentalist
Well, according to the Daily Mail...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-good-you.html
Has anyone on here, besides myself, grown a beard since being here?

Mine is much commented on.

Last edited by Meow; Feb 19th 2013 at 7:07 am.
Old Feb 19th 2013, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

do anal beards offer the same health benefits?
Old Feb 19th 2013, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
do anal beards offer the same health benefits?
No, neither do chocolate mustaches so I am told.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.