Reload this Page >

Beach sex trial highlights Dubai cultural divide

Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thinkingaboutit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Beach sex trial highlights Dubai cultural divide

Originally Posted by Spugsy
actualy I got told off today by some older arab bloke, I was in the changing rooms after a swim at teh gym, had my t-shirt and shorts on, I was facing the lockers, whipped my shorts off, t-shirt was still covering most of my arse, and this bloke says 'excuse me, no nudity in here', and I went 'erm ok sorry', went to put my other shorts on and he pointed and said 'no nudity! I can see your ass'.

It was all very odd. I guess I'll use the little private rooms in future, I mean jesus, whya re they so offended, he should have just turned away....
Maybe he just didn't like the look of your arse?
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:26 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Beach sex trial highlights Dubai cultural divide

Originally Posted by Thinkingaboutit
Maybe he did and found it too tempting?
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thinkingaboutit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Maybe he did and found it too tempting?
It all depends on whether the shape of his arse is in line with the current body fashions of old arab type guys. I'm not qualified to pass judgement.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:56 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thinkingaboutit
no way man
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:33 am
Just Joined

The magic key has a brilliant futureThe magic key has a brilliant futureThe magic key has a brilliant futureThe magic key has a brilliant futureThe magic key has a brilliant futureThe magic key has a brilliant future

They can not have it all ways, but if the locals wish to carry on living in a country which looks after all their cultral and religious needs they could move to the place where, toilets are built facing away from Mecca, local councils only open grave yards on a Saturday if you are Muslim, Christmas holidays have been renamed end of term break, the nativty has been banned in many schools and the celebration of any Christian holiday is slowly being outlawed! Yes they can move to the UK
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
From Reuters............ I've highlighted an interesting bit in bold......

11:04 24Sep08 RTRS-RPT-FEATURE-

By Raissa Kasolowsky and Lin Noueihed

DUBAI, Sept 24 (Reuters) - Sex on the beach or drunken
trysts may not raise eyebrows in many cities, but a recent case
in Dubai has exposed a growing cultural divide between native
Muslims and Western residents seeking fun in the sun.

The story of a British pair facing possible jail terms on
charges of having drunken sex on the beach made headlines around
the world, but in Dubai, reports are frequent of hapless
foreigners falling foul of local laws that strictly control
drinking and ban homosexuality or kissing in public.

Dubai's foreign population has expanded rapidly in recent
years, dwarfing the native population, as the Gulf Arab trade
and tourism hub tries to put itself on the international map
with a promise of tax-free earnings and year-round sunshine.

<<snip>>

If the law changed to suit Westerners, said one Emirati
woman, it would be her who lost her freedom. She already forbids
her daughters from going to Dubai's malls and hotels.

"It is up to the person who comes here to be informed," said
the woman, who like most declined to be named on a topic which
they feel is too sensitive to discuss in public.

"If there is an open trading system which draws people from
all over the world, it is not fair to ask why they are not free.
You have to follow the rules of wherever in the world you go."

(Editing by Sara Ledwith)
((Gulf newsroom, +971 4 391 8301,
[email protected]))
Keywords: DUBAI SEX/

And yet they move to my country and refuse in court to abide by our laws.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...jectid=3605657

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...jectid=3604539

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...jectid=3604510

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...jectid=3604363
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

beigey is an unknown quantity at this point

spugsy - were you in fitness first by any chance?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

I still don't see where the cultural divide is tbh

shagging on the beach is illegal in South Shields as well, not to mention difficult because of the cold
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

reminds me of the muslim school teacher who refused to remove her veil when teaching primary school children. she had however felt comfortable enough not to wear a veil when being interviewed by men for the job in the first place. she was sacked and took the school to court. she lost.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:29 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beigey
spugsy - were you in fitness first by any chance?
yup. mirdif one....WHY? WAS IT YOU??!1
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

beigey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
yup. mirdif one....WHY? WAS IT YOU??!1
Hahahaha if it was me there would be an issue as I am female! No, I just know that they are obsessed with nudity - maybe you were leading the guy to temptation and sin ... hahhaha - I am suprised you didn't thump him for checking out your butt!
Old Sep 25th 2008, 1:11 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I still don't see where the cultural divide is tbh

shagging on the beach is illegal in South Shields as well, not to mention difficult because of the cold
...though they do shag in bus shelters in South Shields...it's a local girl's form of protection !
Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:28 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by beigey
Hahahaha if it was me there would be an issue as I am female! No, I just know that they are obsessed with nudity - maybe you were leading the guy to temptation and sin ... hahhaha - I am suprised you didn't thump him for checking out your butt!
well I did want to say 'well if you can see my ass then why don't you look away?'.

I was mostly covered by my t-shirt, its not as if I had my tackle swinging about.