British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Beach Road, Jumeirah (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/beach-road-jumeirah-641962/)

Spugsy Nov 24th 2009 9:08 am

Beach Road, Jumeirah

All those twats down beach road doing massive wheelies on their motorbikes, same with quad bikes with no helmets and jeeps hammering in and out of traffic so fast its like a playstation game.......would it be wrong of me to secretly hope that they come off and very seriously injure themselves?

commander Nov 24th 2009 9:09 am

Re: Beach Road, Jumeirah

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8120970)
All those twats down beach road doing massive wheelies on their motorbikes, same with quad bikes with no helmets and jeeps hammering in and out of traffic so fast its like a playstation game.......would it be wrong of me to secretly hope that they come off and very seriously injure themselves?

id prefer they kill themselves before they injure innocent people

Madam Medusa Nov 24th 2009 9:10 am

geez, it will only get worse...it's really bad at night already...the night before national day and national day itself will be bonkers...

MM, xx

Spugsy Nov 24th 2009 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8120975)
geez, it will only get worse...it's really bad at night already...the night before national day and national day itself will be bonkers...

MM, xx

this is why you need a jeep, with massive machine guns mounted on the top, and someone like me basically blasting anyone idiots 50 feet up in the air.

Madam Medusa Nov 24th 2009 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8120981)
this is why you need a jeep, with massive machine guns mounted on the top, and someone like me basically blasting anyone idiots 50 feet up in the air.

hahahaha...i'm happy to hire the jeep if you provide the rest...

MM,xx

Ethos83 Nov 24th 2009 9:42 am

For the three or four days leading up to National day last year there was a steady waft of burning rubber coming from the beach road to our villa.

Stay off it on National day if you can, particularly the area between Jumeirah Beach Park and the Jumeirah Mosque.

Once while down at the Shangri La hotel in Abu for my dragonboat regatta, a bunch of Emirati youths, probably between 10-14 in age, came flying up to the roundabout in front of the hotel in a dune buggy and started driving around it so fast that one side of the buggy lifted off the ground at a 45 degree angle.

Kids can be kids all over the world, but there's something about Emirati youths that makes you secretly hope that the worst come and they die in whatever stupid stunt they're pulling.

Meow Nov 24th 2009 9:47 am

And these *****tards is what you get when they can't spend all their time in pubs....

-

Inselaffen Nov 24th 2009 9:51 am

worst I saw was in Um Suqeim. I had been sat at a red light at the crossroad for a good few minutes when a quad bike came full speed from behind straight across the crossroad. luckily for the little b@stard riding it no car came across at the same time

Spugsy Nov 24th 2009 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Ethos83 (Post 8121034)
For the three or four days leading up to National day last year there was a steady waft of burning rubber coming from the beach road to our villa.

Stay off it on National day if you can, particularly the area between Jumeirah Beach Park and the Jumeirah Mosque.

Once while down at the Shangri La hotel in Abu for my dragonboat regatta, a bunch of Emirati youths, probably between 10-14 in age, came flying up to the roundabout in front of the hotel in a dune buggy and started driving around it so fast that one side of the buggy lifted off the ground at a 45 degree angle.

Kids can be kids all over the world, but there's something about Emirati youths that makes you secretly hope that the worst come and they die in whatever stupid stunt they're pulling.

heh heh, aye I do hope they get injured, little shitcake bakers.

good thing about national day is its my wedding anniversary, so as long as we're over here we get the day off :)

Spugsy Nov 24th 2009 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 8121053)
worst I saw was in Um Suqeim. I had been sat at a red light at the crossroad for a good few minutes when a quad bike came full speed from behind straight across the crossroad. luckily for the little b@stard riding it no car came across at the same time

aye thats where it was, stupid twats.

Norm_uk Nov 24th 2009 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8120981)

I can make a machine gun given the right tools but I'm not to hot on bullets...anyone care to help?

N.

Spugsy Nov 24th 2009 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 8121107)
I can make a machine gun given the right tools but I'm not to hot on bullets...anyone care to help?

N.

ah this is going well, I can shoot, MM can provide a jeep and baps, you the gun,

what else can we get? This is like the A Team....

Meow Nov 24th 2009 10:20 am

Can anyone here fly a helicopter or plane? I seem to recall that was part of it.

I'll lean over my bar and offer you all cold beers afterwards.

-

Madam Medusa Nov 24th 2009 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 8121115)
ah this is going well, I can shoot, MM can provide a jeep and baps, you the gun,

what else can we get? This is like the A Team....

hahahaha, i'm liking this idea more and more...

MM, xx

Roadking Nov 24th 2009 10:31 am

One of the main reasons we were happy to be evicted from our Villa on beach road. National Day is an absolute nightmare through to 5am, then again for another two nights. Full of little ****ers hanging out of cars or racing around on quads....all supported by your local friendly police.

Still, did have some good times, like the time they fitted the speed bumps without telling anyone; Is that a Lambo flying past? Oh look, two flying taxis. hehehe