BBQ question

Old Jul 18th 2009, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default BBQ question

What is the best way to cook lobster tails on a bbq ? I normally marinade them for 1 hour & then cook them for 5 / 6 mins each side without the shell. A friend suggested keeping the shell on & wrapping them in tin foil & cook them for 10 mins each side.... Any other ideas
Old Jul 18th 2009, 9:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBQ question

Originally Posted by pauldxb
What is the best way to cook lobster tails on a bbq ? I normally marinate them & then cook them for 5 / 6 mins each side without the shell. A friend suggested keeping the shell on & wrapping them in tin foil for 10mins each side.... Any other ideas
invite me over and I will tell you

shell on baste with a bit of oil, 3/4 mins each side
Old Jul 18th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
invite me over and I will tell you

shell on baste with a bit of oil, 3/4 mins each side
i can still marinade it though right ? just baste with oil before cooking ? I thought you were going to see HSM2
Old Jul 18th 2009, 9:43 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Cooking with the shell on is preferable...
Old Jul 18th 2009, 12:43 pm
Banned

BethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud of

I get a lot of jet fresh lobster from my job and I always steam/boil the tails until almost done, then I shell them, roll them around in a bowl of melted butter, then sear them on a charcoal grill for a few minutes, then back into the butter for a second, salt and pepper and serve with steak.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethPageBlack
I get a lot of jet fresh lobster from my job and I always steam/boil the tails until almost done, then I shell them, roll them around in a bowl of melted butter, then sear them on a charcoal grill for a few minutes, then back into the butter for a second, salt and pepper and serve with steak.
That's the first sensible thing you've ever said - sounds great.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

That does sound nice, how long would you boil them for ?
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:27 pm
Banned

BethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud ofBethPageBlack has much to be proud of

Depending on the size, just a few minutes 4-5, and when you grill them make sure the butter drips into the grill so it flames up..Turn them constantly. I have a garbage size bag full of small australian tails in my garage freezer and when I read this post I took a few out..I'll take pictures of the process
Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:20 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

not long or they go tough
Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:37 pm
Banned

Only use sea salt and the best quality ground pepper, and only, and I cannot emphasize this enough- only use butter, not fake butter. Real butter. We get milk from a local farmer so we just skim the cream and churn it (shake it for 1/2 in a jar) to get ours..
Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:40 pm
Concierge

Only use sea salt and the best quality ground pepper, and only, and I cannot emphasize this enough- only use butter, not fake butter. Real butter. We get milk from a local farmer so we just skim the cream and churn it (shake it for 1/2 in a jar) to get ours..
we don't have many cows or local farmers around here
Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lurpack only im afraid
Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:56 pm
Banned

I did'nt know you could'nt get butter there, is it illegal? It's not going to work without butter. I put those tails back in the freezer, no point showing you how to do it now.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:03 pm
Concierge

I did'nt know you could'nt get butter there, is it illegal? It's not going to work without butter. I put those tails back in the freezer, no point showing you how to do it now.
Lurpak is butter!
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Lurpak is butter!
You get it on The Black Market or something..?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.