Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

BBQ in the park - what to take?

BBQ in the park - what to take?

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 1:58 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBQ in the park - what to take?

Probably a daft question but going to a park (al mamzar or creek) tomorrow and plan on taking a BBQ.

Do you take coals and use a pit there or do you take a disposible?

Sorry for being dim...
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBQ in the park - what to take?

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Probably a daft question but going to a park (al mamzar or creek) tomorrow and plan on taking a BBQ.

Sorry for being dim...
dunno about he coals, but make sure pork sausages are on the menu,
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
dunno about he coals, but make sure pork sausages are on the menu,
lol you got there before me
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Take some ground up bits of dead pig including snout, ears, gums, and anus, and stuff them into tubes of intestine. Don't forget bone chips and eye jelly and cartilage.

Oh that's right, someone got there before me.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:37 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for being dim...
What to Take?

1. The kitchen sink
2. A fire extinguisher
3. A kilo of Oud
4. Enough Arabic bread to feed Somalia
5. Six maids
6. A land cruiser(covered in silly string complete with dangling baby if it's this weekend)
7. Four candles() 4 kettles and a couple of salamanders- not the snake variety
8. 10kilo bag of basmati rice
9. 2 dozen kanduras in case of grass stains
10.An orchard of dates.
11.Half of UAE Ikea's flatpack tables and chairs
12.The neighbour's granny
13.A rainforest of paper napkins
14.A herd of goats in case you decide to stay til next Eid
15. The entire stock of Hamley's 'outdoor' play toys- just to lay on the grass mind not to use.
16.A copy of the Koran and a prayer mat
17.Shisha pipes and Turkish serving boy
18.The contents of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory
19. A sun hat with 'Ho,I luv Mo' thereon
20. The telephone number of nearest Domino's Pizza

Coals????
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Sorry for being dim...
Only been to Mamzar Park once, but all the barbecue pits were taken, so husband had to pop out and buy a barbecue. So, if I were you, I would take a portable barbie. I think you have to supply your own coals either way.

Don't remember seeing barbecue pits at Creek Park, but only been there once and could be wrong!
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 7:02 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
What to Take?

1. The kitchen sink
2. A fire extinguisher
3. A kilo of Oud
5. Six maids
6. A land cruiser(covered in silly string complete with dangling baby if it's this weekend)
10.An orchard of dates.
15. The entire stock of Hamley's 'outdoor' play toys- just to lay on the grass mind not to use.

Coals????
Sorry Eva I love you to bits and in fact voted for to you in a recent survey but you have too much time on your hand to type such shit.............get rid of your maid and i will put my loin cloth on lol
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 7:17 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for being dim...
yes take your coals and get there before the locals send their maids, they only provide the actual grill
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 7:40 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
Sorry Eva I love you to bits and in fact voted for to you in a recent survey but you have too much time on your hand to type such shit.............get rid of your maid and i will put my loin cloth on lol

Well thank you sincerely for the vote.Yes I do at times have too much time on my hands.I work between three time zones and it's damn right frustrating.Getting into the impetus of work and having to wait say 3 hours for return conference calls.
Hey,that's how the world does business these dayz and we all deal with it yes?
l don't have a maid and have no need of you donning the loin cloth but thanx all the same.Besides it's chilly out now.It's clear,while you profess to love me to bits you don't really know me at all......if you did you'd know I've posted way much worse shit than this before!
Kindest.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

21. Radio in case people think you're at a funeral picnic.
22. Crappy plastic cups that you can only look at once before they deform and get thrown away.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
What to Take?

1. The kitchen sink
2. A fire extinguisher
3. A kilo of Oud
5. Six maids
10.An orchard of dates.

Coals????
quality!!!!!!!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 5:21 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Plenty of BBQ stalls at Safa Park, where they also have the flea market until 3pm Friday. Take your own coals and firelighters...and don't forget the pork chops.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 5:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for being dim...
take a disposable one, you been to Stargate yet at Zabeel? fantastic go cart racing for the grown ups!!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 6:23 am