British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   BBC in War Crime Controversy... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/bbc-war-crime-controversy-769403/)

shikra Aug 24th 2012 8:30 pm

BBC in War Crime Controversy...

http://www.infowars.com/bbc-in-war-c...p-controversy/

Hooops....:blink:

Eva Aug 25th 2012 12:09 am

Re: BBC in War Crime Controversy...

Originally Posted by shikra (Post 10245093)

Are the people lying?

shikra Aug 25th 2012 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Eva (Post 10245301)
Are the people lying?

Humm, OR, the Media...:thumbdown: :fingerscrossed:

britexpat76 Aug 25th 2012 11:12 am

I think our friend may be in little pieces and someone is back peddling big time with this one.

As my other half is a Hack she has followed this closely and the FSA are not as squeeky clean as they need to be with all the assistance they are getting and demanding..............

Norm_uk Aug 26th 2012 9:01 am

The BBC slack standards and bias are well known - this is no surprise. Especially for news coming out of places like Syria.

Taxpayers money has been sent to the Syrian rebels, so we've effectively said we will not support a secular dictator and would rather have loads of Islamic parties of varying degrees of fanaticism running Syria.

Rock and a hard place.

N.

littlejimmy Aug 26th 2012 10:36 am

I really don't know what to think yet alone believe any more.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...r-8081386.html

Saudi Arabia and Bahrain (who brutally put down their own uprisings) are apparently funding the rebels in Syria. What is going on? What is the end game?

Millhouse Aug 26th 2012 11:38 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 10246995)
I really don't know what to think yet alone believe any more.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...r-8081386.html

Saudi Arabia and Bahrain (who brutally put down their own uprisings) are apparently funding the rebels in Syria. What is going on? What is the end game?

My Syrian boss explains it this way to me...

The Arab Spring uprising finished ages ago. The people now are not uprising... in many cases they are not even Syrian.

The GCC and the Turks are funding the Syrian rebals. What we are seeing now are fighters funded by the GCC, trained in Turkey and recruited from Lebanon, Syria and Turkey to do this. It is Shia vs. Sunni once again. This is different to Libya where the mercenaries were African - these ones are arab.

It probably distracts the Iranians long enough for Israel to finalise their preparations to smash them to shit in November.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 26th 2012 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10247049)
It probably distracts the Iranians long enough for Israel to finalise their preparations to smash them to shit in November.

Why November?

Millhouse Aug 26th 2012 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 10246910)
Taxpayers money has been sent to the Syrian rebels, so we've effectively said we will not support a secular dictator and would rather have loads of Islamic parties of varying degrees of fanaticism running Syria.

We are not saying that at all Norm. We are simply helping a means to an end... to justify another regional war.

Millhouse Aug 26th 2012 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10247062)
Why before Tuesday, November 6, 2012?

US elections... or maybe, its because its the end of the world in December. Got to give yourself enough time to have a fair crack at the job.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 26th 2012 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10247068)
US elections... or maybe, its because its the end of the world in December. Got to give yourself enough time to have a fair crack at the job.

That occured just after posting.

Do you think anything will actually happen though?

I see all this Israel/Iran/US etc as a 21st Century chest-thumping, cold war type battle of words.

Millhouse Aug 26th 2012 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10247071)
Do you think anything will actually happen though?

Actually, maybe not - so much is kicking off that people might simply be too scared to rock the boat further, they can't fully justify it right now and they have no obvious exit route... Then again, when has that ever stopped them?

Norm_uk Aug 26th 2012 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10247065)
We are not saying that at all Norm. We are simply helping a means to an end... to justify another regional war.

In all honesty the justification for war has existed since we pulled out of the region. Israel aside virtually every part of the middle east should have remained under European/British control for another 100 years until they became civillised and able to contribute something valid to humanity.

Our biggest crime was leaving...now we stir up crappy little wars because we no longer have the political will to finish the job our grandfather's fathers started.

N.

PS: Even some of the Arabs will agree with me on this:

Millhouse Aug 26th 2012 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Norm_uk (Post 10247132)
Our biggest crime was leaving...

On that point, we do actually agree.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 26th 2012 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10247128)
Actually, maybe not - so much is kicking off that people might simply be too scared to rock the boat further, they can't fully justify it right now and they have no obvious exit route... Then again, when has that ever stopped them?

Yeah. That's the thing isn't it.

Us normal folk outside of the upper echelons of political corridors just don't know.

Something might happen to kick it all off, something might not.