BBC online simulcast

Old Oct 18th 2009, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all
Default BBC online simulcast

Never actually bothered to look until todays GP, but for those who are appropriately VPN'd, the beeb now simulcast their channels live - the final nail in the coffin of e-vision as far as i am concerned.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/watchlive/
Old Oct 18th 2009, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC online simulcast

Originally Posted by Cry haddock
Never actually bothered to look until todays GP, but for those who are appropriately VPN'd, the beeb now simulcast their channels live - the final nail in the coffin of e-vision as far as i am concerned.
They have been doing it for ages.

Try zattoo, you can watch all of the uk channels live and the technology used is more reliable (peer to peer rather than direct connection ensures better stability on slow(er) VPN connections).

4 hour time difference next week is a bit rubbish though. 6pm news then bed... so 6 months of gameshows and day time TV
Old Oct 18th 2009, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Call me busybee if you want but does VPN or whatever allow me to watch these links? Currently it tells me I can only watch if i'm in the UK.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Call me busybee if you want but does VPN or whatever allow me to watch these links? Currently it tells me I can only watch if i'm in the UK.
There are some that point permanently to the UK and others which let you switch, mine is the later which is great as you can then hulu etc as you wish.

If yours sounds like a cross between a new nintendo and Thomas Moore's 1516 epic, then have a look at the website and they explain ow to switch.
CH
Old Oct 19th 2009, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

That's right Jeeper.

A UK based VPN is a basically a 'login' to a server physically sitting in the UK (mine is in Maidstone). Once you are logged in everything you do is brokered though this server and forwarded on to you. These links therefore think you are in the UK and thus serve you.

I use a VPN and Zattoo. I find Zattoo a bit easier, and more stable than iplayer (although picture is bit softer)
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
That's right Jeeper.

A UK based VPN is a basically a 'login' to a server physically sitting in the UK (mine is in Maidstone). Once you are logged in everything you do is brokered though this server and forwarded on to you. These links therefore think you are in the UK and thus serve you.

I use a VPN and Zattoo. I find Zattoo a bit easier, and more stable than iplayer (although picture is bit softer)
So...I consider myself to be reasonably computer and technically literate...but i'm really lost. I used to think a VPN was some sort of device you clowns had.

I googled Zattoo and got zattoo.com went in there and they tell me the download is not available in my country.

Fancy giving some step by step instructions? or a link?
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

So...I consider myself to be reasonably computer and technically literate...but i'm really lost. I used to think a VPN was some sort of device you clowns had.

I googled Zattoo and got zattoo.com went in there and they tell me the download is not available in my country.

check PMs
CH
Old Oct 20th 2009, 3:58 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

what do you want? to watch iplayer? why bother just download torrents and watch the programs you want when you want.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
what do you want? to watch iplayer? why bother just download torrents and watch the programs you want when you want.
I just want decent TV!!

Torents are all very well but struggle to find stuff sometimes...esp recent stuff.
Plus i'd really like to get live golf.
Old Oct 20th 2009, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

check PMs
CH
Thanks!
I'll see how I get on...
Old Oct 20th 2009, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Having made the switch recently, flicking though the home channels to see whats on, getting the 6pm news live at 9pm etc - it is a lot more 'normal' than downloading shows. If you ask me what i want to download i'd have no idea, but flicking through reveals loads of things i never new i liked. Perhaps i just find the background noise comforting too
CH
Old Oct 20th 2009, 7:05 pm