BBC article on Dubai

Old Dec 20th 2018, 6:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: BBC article on Dubai

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I once collected all of the rubbish and returned it to the owner. I also confirmed with them that I would continue to place it outside their door until they behaved. Took two goes to fix the problem.
Unfortunately it could be one of several apartments, so knowing who is almost impossible. I'm currently more bothered by the bellends upstairs and the noise they make. I'm almost coming to the end of apartment life I think.
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 12:12 pm
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Unfortunately it could be one of several apartments, so knowing who is almost impossible. I'm currently more bothered by the bellends upstairs and the noise they make. I'm almost coming to the end of apartment life I think.
That was one of the main main reasons I shifted out of my lovely apartment! The ****ing wankers upstairs and there combined family system of a hundred kids plus they had converted their floor to wooden flooring so more sound and in the past year I actually had to go up at odd hours of the night and ring the bell and shout at them and threaten them with calling the police to shut them up for a few weeks, but it would start all over again. I am not going to name which part of the world they were from.
The father was a true classic original ***wit who would say how can I stop them from running around. He had 3 shops in and around the area that we lived, BMW 7 Series driver (yeah I know!) and guess what happened...3 shops turned to 2 and then to one and then to none by the time I had left. So theres the economic pointer for you of how things are.....but Ill be brutally honest, I derived personal pleasure of his downfall because he was a total wanker for the 5 years that I lived there. I got myself a penthouse now specifically for this reason.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper
That was one of the main main reasons I shifted out of my lovely apartment! The ****ing wankers upstairs and there combined family system of a hundred kids plus they had converted their floor to wooden flooring so more sound and in the past year I actually had to go up at odd hours of the night and ring the bell and shout at them and threaten them with calling the police to shut them up for a few weeks, but it would start all over again. I am not going to name which part of the world they were from.
The father was a true classic original ***wit who would say how can I stop them from running around. He had 3 shops in and around the area that we lived, BMW 7 Series driver (yeah I know!) and guess what happened...3 shops turned to 2 and then to one and then to none by the time I had left. So theres the economic pointer for you of how things are.....but Ill be brutally honest, I derived personal pleasure of his downfall because he was a total wanker for the 5 years that I lived there. I got myself a penthouse now specifically for this reason.
Reminds me of our time in Furjan Apartments where we had a family dragging furniture 9-10 times a day, sometimes for a few seconds at a stretch so couldn't be just dining chairs being moved at meal times

We left a note with some furniture leg covers, and in return we got a long letter with ear cotton buds (!), the letter mentioned how he/she has a "lawer" license in Pakistan, and how they are aware of legal matters, and how they will send a legal notice to us for not respecting their right to move stuff inside their home .....
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Arnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to beholdArnold S is a splendid one to behold

We've recently moved from 3, maybe 4 families, in one house next door. All drove high end SUVs - X5, Infinity, Merc etc and the weirdest goings on all the time. Moving furniture was a given but also banging, hammering and hoovering on a daily basis. The water pump used to run continuously too. Initially assumed it was some workshop in Al Quoz downgrading due to the current climate. The pick ups and hi-luxes that periodically came do their door supported this, but thoughts of more miscreant manufacturing regularly crossed our minds too. I probed a little via maintenance and the agency but both just said it was multiple families sharing. I guess with that amount of people, there're more hoovering to be done.
Old Dec 23rd 2018, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

For the past three months, the cockwomble upstairs has been dragging furniture, drilling and hammering nearly every day, sometimes at 1.30 in the morning.

After complaining half a dozen times we’ve been told that he’s a local and owns the place so has been renovating it. I’d love to see what it looks like after all this bloody time.

We’re now looking at private villas but jesus christ, the decor in some is like summat from the 70s but not in a cool retro way.

The search continues.