BBC Article on Dubai

Old Jun 8th 2013, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC Article on Dubai

No boom our lingerie is not expensive and predominantly local customers our main market is ksa
Old Jun 8th 2013, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

I do not believe it, simply because heels do not just snap off shoes. They just don't. And this makes me doubt the rest of the article, too. Not that it has any substance. Or is even vaguely interesting.
Old Jun 8th 2013, 6:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
I do not believe it, simply because heels do not just snap off shoes. They just don't. And this makes me doubt the rest of the article, too. Not that it has any substance. Or is even vaguely interesting.
they do snap off if they are cheap shoes read the article the other day, same old Dubai bashing.
Old Jun 8th 2013, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fossildog
The article does not mention UK expats. Mentioned an Iranian and an Australian.
...and a Dutch woman.
Old Jun 8th 2013, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kix
Can you guess the restaurant they went to?

BBC

Some great lines:-

I think the last quote above sums them up brilliantly.

A funny friday read.
I actually just felt sorry for the girl who asked her friends to do her a favour and take this journalist out - mmmmmm she's going to have a lovely time facing her friends after this piece of writing!
Old Jun 8th 2013, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

And really .. you could write this piece anywhere in the world - there are always going to be people with endless amounts of cash to throw about - and what's wrong with that?

He should have come out for a night with me - some entertainer vouchers and a trip to Barnasty or McGettigans!
Old Jun 8th 2013, 11:11 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by silversilver
And really .. you could write this piece anywhere in the world - there are always going to be people with endless amounts of cash to throw about - and what's wrong with that?

He should have come out for a night with me - some entertainer vouchers and a trip to Barnasty or McGettigans!

If you have the cash, I see nothing wrong with spending it. That way it flows through the system and others get to benefit too. It so happens that many people here have a great deal of cash, although we all know that there are some living in credit. You can be a decent person with money, or a twat with it. Having cash and spending it doesn't mean anything in itself and why would anyone care about what others spend if they can afford to do so.

I reckon the hack was jealous as he is earning peanuts himself.
Old Jun 8th 2013, 11:15 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

New money arseholes. The wealthiest people I know are largely tight bastards and you would think they had nothing. (That goes for the ME and UK)

Though the non news article is shite even by Dubai bashing standards.

Last edited by britexpat76; Jun 8th 2013 at 11:16 am. Reason: Clarify that the 'Article' was utter dross
Old Jun 8th 2013, 11:28 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
New money arseholes. The wealthiest people I know are largely tight bastards and you would think they had nothing. (That goes for the ME and UK)

Though the non news article is shite even by Dubai bashing standards.

Are you suggesting that Mentalist might actually be really wealthy?
Old Jun 8th 2013, 11:37 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I wouldn't mind being a $ behind him........
Old Jun 8th 2013, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

The Mental One always comes across as being like Scrooge McDuck...
Old Jun 8th 2013, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: BBC Article on Dubai

If you have the cash, I see nothing wrong with spending it. That way it flows through the system and others get to benefit too. It so happens that many people here have a great deal of cash, although we all know that there are some living in credit. You can be a decent person with money, or a twat with it. Having cash and spending it doesn't mean anything in itself and why would anyone care about what others spend if they can afford to do so.

I reckon the hack was jealous as he is earning peanuts himself.
Exactly! Well said Meow - this is what I wanted to write. If I can find the karma button I'll give you some ;-)
Old Jun 8th 2013, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
The wealthiest people I know are largely tight bastards and you would think they had nothing.
This is true. One of my earliest memories is of staying with friends of the family in their house in Gloucestershire. The family were so wealthy, they owned - amongst other things - Lord's cricket ground. However, we got half an egg for breakfast and our host spent the entire time extolling the virtues of runny marmalade over not-so-runny marmalade, as it lasts longer.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 12:09 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
This is true. One of my earliest memories is of staying with friends of the family in their house in Gloucestershire. The family were so wealthy, they owned - amongst other things - Lord's cricket ground. However, we got half an egg for breakfast and our host spent the entire time extolling the virtues of runny marmalade over not-so-runny marmalade, as it lasts longer.
Hasn't Lords been owned by MCC since before you were born?
I agree with the earlier point about those who have.... are tacit.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Eva
Hasn't Lords been owned by MCC since before you were born?
I believe they owned the ground, not the club.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.