Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Barracuda Booze Run Bandits...

Barracuda Booze Run Bandits...

Old May 20th 2009, 3:54 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barracuda Booze Run Bandits...

mmm so you are Ginger and Irish ....

excellent post though, I know of people who have pulled the racism card to gain brownie points as well, sad but true.
Old May 20th 2009, 4:09 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
mmm so you are Ginger and Irish ....

excellent post though, I know of people who have pulled the racism card to gain brownie points as well, sad but true.
true, we have 3 or 4 Indians in the office, all nice guys except one bloke who whenever you have an issue with him, or another member of staff does, its always because he is Indian, lower paid etc.....nothing to do with the fact that he is crap at his job and a brown nosing wanker of the first order....makes me sick, how the racist card gets played sometimes...
Old May 20th 2009, 4:15 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
Ok, then here is one for you..
For those of you that don't know, I'm Irish, its relevent.

20 odd years ago, while I was a newly fledged 'Sierra Man', worked as a sales rep for a company.

I was the new kid on the block. As a result I was keen to lick arse and do anything to impress management.
There was a senior sales pakistani guy who made it clear he didn't like me from day 1. He and a few others were on the make and I was quite blatant that I didn't want to get involved in their petty fraud operation.

A couple of months rolled by and we were having a sales meeting.
The inevitable bit of banter went around the table and during the course of the conversation, I used the phrase 'the pakis at the corner shop will always do it cheaper if they can'.
At this point, in an over deliberate 'false rage' Mr Pakistani basically ran around the table and went for me. 2 minutes later, after it all calmed down, we were taken to separate offices to explain.

I basically said that it was a personal issue. Mr Pakistani didn't like me, this was just an excuse to be 'offended' to get me the sack.
In the other office, Mr Pakistani obviously gave his tearful explanation at how I had mortally offended him.

Cut a long story short, Sales Director came to get our stories.
He gave me all the usual shit about how making racist remarks was completely out of order in a reputable company.
I asked him to go to the telesales desk and ask the girls there what was my nickname, used by Mr Pakistani and the rest of the external sales team.

When he came back, I explained exactly why my nickname was 'the ginger terrorist' among the bunch of silly scamming wankers, that Mr Pakistani was head of.

Suffice to say, the paki wanker was sacked instantly, along with the other 4 thieving pieces of shit.

All this PC stuff is a complete bag of wank, used by people as a defence mechanism against mostly imagined misjustice.

I grew up as the only Irish kid in a white junior school and I can honestly say it was one of the best things that happened to me. It taught me to have thick skin. You can call me anything you like. If anything it makes me smile.
my best mate who I have been friends with since I was 8 (some on here have met him) was the only black kid at school in Dagenham at that time.....some fcking hard kids from hard backgrounds attended that school, but i have never once heard him say anything about being abused or being penalised because of his colour....he has always won people over through his personality, and made people look beyond the colour of his skin.....

mind you, he was / is the same build as Mike Tyson, so could beat the **** out of anyone who said anything to him....lol
Old May 20th 2009, 4:23 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
true, we have 3 or 4 Indians in the office, all nice guys except one bloke who whenever you have an issue with him, or another member of staff does, its always because he is Indian, lower paid etc.....nothing to do with the fact that he is crap at his job and a brown nosing wanker of the first order....makes me sick, how the racist card gets played sometimes...
yes had the same done to me here too, long time ago one the Indian Secs I worked with who was shite said that I made her do menial tasks because she was Indian!! load of crap, she were useless, she even managed to get the photocopying done wrong!
Old May 20th 2009, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

I used to work with this guy who got beaten up by a load of black kids, ****in hates black people now... Used to call them niggers, coons all sorts of shit...

When its personal and you resort to blatant name calling its just lazy racism in my view and if someone is a prick they are a prick whether they are English, Pakistani, South African, Scottish, African, Indian, Irish, the list goes on and on...

Also if you abuse the fact that someone is being "racist" then you are a prick too...

My intial point is "paki" is not a good word and it has racist/historical connotations...

Admon you obviously aren't bitter, which is good to see?

Its simple people or obviously not?

I am still waiting for someone to take up the challenge and post "Paki" or "I am going down the paki shop to get some cheap curry powder" on all of the BE Forums?

and Bungle is going to call the "paki" team at footy tonight "Pakis"
Old May 20th 2009, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

my best mate who I have been friends with since I was 8 (some on here have met him) was the only black kid at school in Dagenham at that time.....some fcking hard kids from hard backgrounds attended that school, but i have never once heard him say anything about being abused or being penalised because of his colour....he has always won people over through his personality, and made people look beyond the colour of his skin.....

mind you, he was / is the same build as Mike Tyson, so could beat the **** out of anyone who said anything to him....lol
As a youngster, I was very skinny, so unfortunately I had to learn to be quick.
Old May 20th 2009, 4:27 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
I used to work with this guy who got beaten up by a load of black kids, ****in hates black people now... Used to call them niggers, coons all sorts of shit...

When its personal and you resort to blatant name calling its just lazy racism in my view and if someone is a prick they are a prick whether they are English, Pakistani, South African, Scottish, African, Indian, Irish, the list goes on and on...

Also if you abuse the fact that someone is being "racist" then you are a prick too...

My intial point is "paki" is not a good word and it has racist/historical connotations...

I am still waiting for someone to take up the challenge and post "Paki" or "I am going down the paki shop to get some cheap curry powder" on all of the BE Forums?

get over it, been discussed to death now let's move on
Old May 20th 2009, 4:30 am
Hammer for Life

as we used to sing at Tottenham away games in the 80's....Id rather be a paki than a yid....

and thats a joke before any jewish people on here take offence
Old May 20th 2009, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

come and play football in the Dubai Amateur League, honestly, personal and racist insults happen almost every game, it's just part and parcel of life.

If people allow themselves to be really insulted by a racist or to be honest, any personal comment from a person that doesn't or barely knows them - then they need to have a better self image.
Old May 20th 2009, 4:34 am
Hammer for Life

come and play football in the Dubai Amateur League, honestly, personal and racist insults happen almost every game, it's just part and parcel of life.

If people allow themselves to be really insulted by a racist or to be honest, any personal comment from a person that doesn't or barely knows them - then they need to have a better self image.
cannot think of one occassion where I have been called a name and it has hurt me personally.....so totally agree
Old May 20th 2009, 4:34 am
Concierge

cannot think of one occassion where I have been called a name and it has hurt me personally.....so totally agree
apart from gay boy?

(joking)
Old May 20th 2009, 4:35 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

liar...
Old May 20th 2009, 4:53 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Admon's anecdote just shows that it's often about context and how some people will do what they can to use these words as weapons - either in the direct offensive way or in the indirect casting-oneself-as-victim way like his Sales manager did. Sad, really.
Old May 20th 2009, 5:34 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

bollocks, back in the Toon I played Sunday league and we had a skinny little indian lad who played on the left wing, me at left back - and loads of times he got players calling him names, he did nowt so I stuck up for him and kicked off about it, they stopped doing it when I got involved.

It's just cowardly and brainless and there's never a need.
Old May 20th 2009, 5:37 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

When I was back playing Sunday league there was this young winger playing against me, fast as **** and had me all over, his lass and her mates were there cheering him on, and he turned me and was about to leg it when I basically just took him out, thigh high tackle - not too hard as I'm not a dirty player but enough to knock him over,

his lass was appalled and started shouting 'you dirty, baldy fat bastard!'.

Heh, if someone said that to me in the street I'd kill them, but she was so incensed it was just funny, we were all laughing - I shook the lads hand and we got on with it, she was still going mental though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.