Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Barracuda Booze Run Bandits...

Barracuda Booze Run Bandits...

Old May 19th 2009, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of
Default Re: Barracuda Booze Run Bandits...

Originally Posted by Sandboy
I'd be offended if anyone called me it
p1ss off
Old May 19th 2009, 4:53 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
I think the only thing it highlights is the fact that you cannot admit that using the term Paki in a public theatre is wrong... Seriously cannot make it anymore simple for you...
its not a case of admitting anything, it all depends on the connotations and the way it is used..

calling a complete stranger 'paki' is no more offensive as calling a complete stranger

'ginge',
'jock',
'taff',
'soft english puff',
'chink',
'mick'

It all depends on the circumstances...

Last edited by commander; May 19th 2009 at 5:00 am.
Old May 19th 2009, 1:37 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
its not a case of admitting anything, it all depends on the connotations and the way it is used..

calling a complete stranger 'paki' is no more offensive as calling a complete stranger

'ginge',
'jock',
'taff',
'soft english puff',
'chink',
'mick'

In deference to the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Royal Commission for Political Correctness, it was announced today that the local climate in the UK should no longer be referred to as 'English weather.'

In order to avoid offending a sizable portion of the population, it will now be referred as 'Muslim weather.'

In other words - 'partly Sunni but mostly Shi'ite.'
Old May 19th 2009, 3:08 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
In deference to the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Royal Commission for Political Correctness, it was announced today that the local climate in the UK should no longer be referred to as 'English weather.'

In order to avoid offending a sizable portion of the population, it will now be referred as 'Muslim weather.'

In other words - 'partly Sunni but mostly Shi'ite.'
Old May 19th 2009, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
This is what he gets up too after morning surgery.

Doc in the morning weatherman in the evening.

Last edited by seraphnina; May 19th 2009 at 3:35 pm.
Old May 19th 2009, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by seraphnina
This is what he gets up too after morning surgery.

Doc in the morning weatherman in the evening.
no weatherman in the arvo, rent boy in the evening...
Old May 19th 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by commander

'ginge',
'jock',
'taff',
'soft english puff',
'chink',
'mick'

As in like soft pastry? They do a mean english chicken puff down spinneys...
Old May 19th 2009, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
As in like soft pastry? They do a mean english chicken puff down spinneys...
potato curry one is good.
Old May 19th 2009, 4:27 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I have to stick up a bit for Sky Blue here and say that while it DOES have something to do with context and time and place, etc, the connotations of the word are different to "Jock" and "Geordie". How many Jocks and Geordies have been attacked on a purely racial / prejudicial basis of late? How many have been verbally abused or threatened by complete strangers just for their appearance? There IS a difference, however slim. And using the fact that asians are racist to whites is no mitigation whatsoever. We either want to maintain the high ground or we don't. I know for a fact that many Arabs are racist. Is it racist to say that, or just a generalisation? Are all generalisations wrong?

Just noticed the old "I've got paki friends, therefore I'm not racist" defence as well. Priceless.

PC/Drama Queen rant over.

I'm not even gonna mention that old Jocks and Geordies cartoon strip...

Last edited by littlejimmy; May 19th 2009 at 4:32 pm.
Old May 19th 2009, 4:35 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
many many times...

it's not boring me as such...it's just that some will say it's just the abbriviation of the country and as such how can it be offensive...and there's others that will point out the manner in which the word has been used in the past...then there will be someone saying they know someone from Pakistan that calls other Pakistani Pakis, and then the discussion will be is it ok for them to call each other that, but not for others...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=Paki
And MH gets it spot on. I even said pretty much exactly the same. I guess it's one of these things that people will never see eye to eye on.

Last edited by littlejimmy; May 19th 2009 at 4:48 pm.
Old May 19th 2009, 4:41 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
And MH gets it spot on. I guess it's one of these things that people will never see eye to eye on.
and the worst thing is, there's never any flirting on these kind of threads...
Old May 19th 2009, 4:50 pm
Excess Baggage

and the worst thing is, there's never any flirting on these kind of threads...
Fancy a shag, cloggy?

Hmm. Subtlety needs tweaking methinks.
Old May 19th 2009, 4:56 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Fancy a shag, cloggy?

Hmm. Subtlety needs tweaking methinks.
yeah...I am missing a bit of foreplay here...
Old May 19th 2009, 5:00 pm
Excess Baggage

yeah...I am missing a bit of foreplay here...
Fore...what?
Old May 20th 2009, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, then here is one for you..
For those of you that don't know, I'm Irish, its relevent.

20 odd years ago, while I was a newly fledged 'Sierra Man', worked as a sales rep for a company.

I was the new kid on the block. As a result I was keen to lick arse and do anything to impress management.
There was a senior sales pakistani guy who made it clear he didn't like me from day 1. He and a few others were on the make and I was quite blatant that I didn't want to get involved in their petty fraud operation.

A couple of months rolled by and we were having a sales meeting.
The inevitable bit of banter went around the table and during the course of the conversation, I used the phrase 'the pakis at the corner shop will always do it cheaper if they can'.
At this point, in an over deliberate 'false rage' Mr Pakistani basically ran around the table and went for me. 2 minutes later, after it all calmed down, we were taken to separate offices to explain.

I basically said that it was a personal issue. Mr Pakistani didn't like me, this was just an excuse to be 'offended' to get me the sack.
In the other office, Mr Pakistani obviously gave his tearful explanation at how I had mortally offended him.

Cut a long story short, Sales Director came to get our stories.
He gave me all the usual shit about how making racist remarks was completely out of order in a reputable company.
I asked him to go to the telesales desk and ask the girls there what was my nickname, used by Mr Pakistani and the rest of the external sales team.

When he came back, I explained exactly why my nickname was 'the ginger terrorist' among the bunch of silly scamming wankers, that Mr Pakistani was head of.

Suffice to say, the paki wanker was sacked instantly, along with the other 4 thieving pieces of shit.

All this PC stuff is a complete bag of wank, used by people as a defence mechanism against mostly imagined misjustice.

I grew up as the only Irish kid in a white junior school and I can honestly say it was one of the best things that happened to me. It taught me to have thick skin. You can call me anything you like. If anything it makes me smile.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.