British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Barracuda (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/barracuda-690444/)

Autonomy Oct 21st 2010 6:37 am

Barracuda

Has anyone ordered over the phone for Barracuda to deliver?

Reliable?

Have to order quite a lot of booze for an event and haven't tried the delivery service before and can not afford any cock ups from them.

Any one used them?

Thanks in advance,

Auto

Roadking Oct 21st 2010 7:37 am

Re: Barracuda

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8932720)
Has anyone ordered over the phone for Barracuda to deliver?

Reliable?

Have to order quite a lot of booze for an event and haven't tried the delivery service before and can not afford any cock ups from them.

Any one used them?

Thanks in advance,

Auto

Didn't know they delivered. There is another provider I've used that was recommended on here, minimum order of 1'500 plus 100 for delivery; so far, always been spot on. They normally ask for a referrer. Let me know if you want the details and I'll pm you.

Blue Cat Oct 21st 2010 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8932800)
Didn't know they delivered. There is another provider I've used that was recommended on here, minimum order of 1'500 plus 100 for delivery; so far, always been spot on. They normally ask for a referrer. Let me know if you want the details and I'll pm you.

I think it is the same company :)

Autonomy Oct 21st 2010 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8932800)

Oh... I was told they did deliver....

Please PM me Mr King.

Thanks

Autonomy Oct 21st 2010 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8932886)
I think it is the same company :)

hang on? this ain't twitter you know.... when did you come back :p

Blue Cat Oct 21st 2010 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8933055)
hang on? this ain't twitter you know.... when did you come back :p

couple of days ago :p

Autonomy Oct 21st 2010 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8933297)
couple of days ago :p

social media butterfly... ;)

Patsy Stoned Oct 21st 2010 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 8933052)
Oh... I was told they did deliver....

Please PM me Mr King.

Thanks

I don't think barracuda deliver, the other place that Roadking refered to does deliver and is reliable but they are more expensive. eg sparkling pink at barracuda is 37dhs and from the other place 57dhs. If you have a large order it works out much more expensive. Better to drive down early 1 morning and get it yourself :-)

Roadking Oct 21st 2010 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8933575)
I don't think barracuda deliver, the other place that Roadking refered to does deliver and is reliable but they are more expensive. eg sparkling pink at barracuda is 37dhs and from the other place 57dhs. If you have a large order it works out much more expensive. Better to drive down early 1 morning and get it yourself :-)

Allright for you to say Patsy, you just send your driver ;0)

But yes, is more expensive but all prices on the web site so pick'n'mix as the say in Woollies.

lionheart Oct 21st 2010 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8934000)
But yes, is more expensive but all prices on the web site so pick'n'mix as the say in Woollies.

So don't you have a vehicle? It's a dead easy drive along Emirates Road. Barracuda was selling Jacobs Creek red wine for only Dhs30 and some others for Dhs20 with no tax payable.

Autonomy Oct 21st 2010 7:03 pm

My dear :) Scary with your prescience. I'd already checked that out and JC sparkling pinot noir is 35dhs at Barracuda, they have stock and will give 5% discount... can't pay 57dhs (20 dhs per bottle more....)

Oh boy - the jeep is going to be a little full...

Patsy Stoned Oct 22nd 2010 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8934000)

Lol...close RK ..actually it is a friend's driver :-) Woollies!!!! Aren't they defunct now darling?

BurpusMe Oct 22nd 2010 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8935030)
Lol...close RK ..actually it is a friend's driver :-) Woollies!!!! Aren't they defunct now darling?

A local friend of mine gave me a tip when moving booze through Sharjah.

Sharjah police must ask to search a vehicle. Say no.
They don't have to ask permission to check your trunk "for spare tire and required safety equipment".
Hence his recommendation was to keep it covered in your back seat.

In any case.. we have done the cuda run a couple times without issue.

Patsy Stoned Oct 23rd 2010 6:11 am

Originally Posted by BurpusMe (Post 8935312)
A local friend of mine gave me a tip when moving booze through Sharjah.

Sharjah police must ask to search a vehicle. Say no.
They don't have to ask permission to check your trunk "for spare tire and required safety equipment".
Hence his recommendation was to keep it covered in your back seat.

In any case.. we have done the cuda run a couple times without issue.

why you telling me this darling?? :-)

CeeBee Oct 25th 2010 2:27 pm

I've also (allegedly) used these guys that deliver however they often tend to be some geezer with a clapped out old Camry with a boot full of booze and they charge a good 30% extra for your troubles.

I won't be using them again. Instead, it makes much more sense to make an excuse to go to the east coast / play golf at Al Hamra as you can pass 'the cuda' on the way back. Simples.