British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Barnasty - 6th best beach bar in world! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/barnasty-6th-best-beach-bar-world-802581/)

Bahtatboy Jul 11th 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Barnasty - 6th best beach bar in world!

The missed out The Beach Bar in KL. Nowhere near the beach though...

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 11th 2013 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS (Post 10794904)
I quite like going down to the Irish Village every now and again but I really do need to go out in Bur Dubai.

It's ****ing awesome in Bur Dubai.

The Dean Jul 11th 2013 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10795187)
It's ****ing awesome in Bur Dubai.

Next BE night out?? Good Fellas............ Jockeys........... the one in Ramada (name escapes me).......... we can do a pub crawl to remember and all within three minutes walk of each other........ and I haven't even mentioned the York......

Back to that list of beach bars in the survey: since when was Berlin on a beach???

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 12th 2013 6:24 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10795609)
Next BE night out?? Good Fellas............ Jockeys........... the one in Ramada (name escapes me).......... we can do a pub crawl to remember and all within three minutes walk of each other........ and I haven't even mentioned the York......

Back to that list of beach bars in the survey: since when was Berlin on a beach???

The Mrs flies home this afternoon...I'm available.

commander Jul 12th 2013 6:31 am

The old vic?

Inselaffen Jul 12th 2013 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10795061)
The missed out The Beach Bar in KL. Nowhere near the beach though...

thats more a meat market than a bar!

Robajob Jul 13th 2013 3:34 am

The Ship Inn at Low Newton gets my vote.

Jim Smith Jul 13th 2013 4:44 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 10796171)
The old vic?

The Old Vic in Ramada has gone. Now a fancy named Belgian Bar..........

weasel decentral Jul 13th 2013 5:08 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10794820)
Barasti in Dubai is a terrible place , full of recruitment consultants dressed like members of TOWIE whilst clubbing together to buy half a lager . The Jetty Bar on The Palm is more more stylish with less riff raff !
- The Avenger, Dubai, 11/7/2013 14:56

That's a fairly accurate description of the kip :D especially at night.

commander Jul 13th 2013 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Jim Smith (Post 10797834)

Really? I stayed at the Ramada for 3 weeks about 9 years ago and that pub was ace. Some nice food joints in that hotel also.

co durham boy Jul 13th 2013 10:37 am

Barasti was decent before they built the extension . Sometimes when things get too big and popular they lose the things that made them really good in the first place .

It's not a bad spot during the day but the foods gash and when the sun sets it's better to give it a swerve.

No different from The China Jump and Joe Banana's in Wan Chai in HK in the 90's , great bars but just turned into Twatville in the end .

Kix Jul 13th 2013 11:11 am

As long as we end up in Seaview - Great band there you know...

(Everyone I have ever met, as soon as "Seaview" is mentioned ALWAYS same reply "Great band there").

The Dean Jul 13th 2013 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jim Smith (Post 10797834)

Really? Blimey - I used to love listening to Red (the guitarist) and that Chinese singer who tried to look about 22 but was actually a grandmother.......... literally........

So - no Old Vic, Red Lion, Rattle Snake, Cyclone, Bunker, etc.......... terribly sad. On the other hand, if they could just close down Fibbers............

Jim Smith Jul 13th 2013 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 10798259)
Really? Blimey - I used to love listening to Red (the guitarist) and that Chinese singer who tried to look about 22 but was actually a grandmother.......... literally........

So - no Old Vic, Red Lion, Rattle Snake, Cyclone, Bunker, etc.......... terribly sad. On the other hand, if they could just close down Fibbers............

One day I was in there just after it opened and Red was there organising the placement of speakers etc. Looks like he may still be there after Ramadan? Think I first saw him in Billy Blues years ago!

Guess you could add Humphreys, Dubai Country Club, Arif Castle pubs and some of the joints in The Imperial Suites to that list?

Jim Smith Jul 13th 2013 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10798165)
As long as we end up in Seaview - Great band there you know...

(Everyone I have ever met, as soon as "Seaview" is mentioned ALWAYS same reply "Great band there").

I get down to Dubai hardly at all these days, but feel Golden Star are not as good as they once were. I guess it's hardly surprising banging on 7 day a week for 11 months a year. I first saw them about 12-13 years ago when they were resident in Arif Castle. Only 3 original members left now.