Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Barnasty - 6th best beach bar in world!

Barnasty - 6th best beach bar in world!

Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:20 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough
Default Barnasty - 6th best beach bar in world!

According to a survey printed in the Fail.

Amuses me the survey was sponsored by Cheapflights!

THE BEST BEACH BARS ON EARTH
  1. Pelican Bar, Negril, Jamaica
  2. Badeschiff, Berlin, Germany
  3. Ty Coch Inn, Porthdinllaen, Wales
  4. The Beach Pavilion, Hayman Island, Australia
  5. Tabon Te Keekee, North Tarawa, Kiribati
  6. Barasti, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
  7. The Watering Hole, Cornwall, England
  8. Flora-Bama Lounge, Pensacola, Florida, United States
  9. Purobeach, Tivat, Montenegro
  10. Shimmy Beach Club, Cape Town, South Africa

Comments about the place:-

Barasti in Dubai is a terrible place , full of recruitment consultants dressed like members of TOWIE whilst clubbing together to buy half a lager . The Jetty Bar on The Palm is more more stylish with less riff raff !
- The Avenger, Dubai, 11/7/2013 14:56

Barasti beach bar in Dubai is a total dump! Nasimi beach is so much nicer!
- Just Me, Dubai, 11/7/2013 13:15
Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all
Default Re: Barnasty - 6th best beach bar in world!

Not my favourite bar in Dubai by a long way. However I do like being on the beach with a shisha and a beer in the evening and there isn't many places that do this.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

most of these surveys are bollocks aren't they
Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:29 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

During afternoon/early evening it's generally not a bad bar.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:30 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Kix
Barasti in Dubai is a terrible place , full of recruitment consultants dressed like members of TOWIE whilst clubbing together to buy half a lager . The Jetty Bar on The Palm is more more stylish with less riff raff !
- The Avenger, Dubai, 11/7/2013 14:56
It's Scamp's local isn't it?
Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:31 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
During afternoon/early evening it's generally not a bad bar.
Agree. After a certain hour is descends into a shitehole
Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by commander
Agree. After a certain hour is descends into a shitehole
I avoid the place after about 7ish.

Haven't been for a long time tbh
Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kix
It's Scamp's local isn't it?
**** off.

We've debated this before. Until sunset it's alright. After that it's cuntville.

I haven't been in months, in fact, not even this year.

I don't go to that end of town much anyway. Nezzas prices seems to keep out the riff raff.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:51 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
**** off.

We've debated this before. Until sunset it's alright. After that it's cuntville.

I don't go to that end of town much anyway. Nezzas prices seems to keep out the riff raff.
I hated the radio add for that nezza place. Enough to make me want to semtex the place. Whinging ozzie ****ers.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:52 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

ugh !!! they have to be joking !!!
Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
**** off.

I really should go north of MoE drinking once in a while!

Last edited by The_Citizen; Jul 11th 2013 at 12:02 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 11:57 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
I really should go south of MoE drinking once in a while!
Stick with Bur Dubai mate - so much better in lots of ways.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kix
Stick with Bur Dubai mate - so much better in lots of ways.
I quite like going down to the Irish Village every now and again but I really do need to go out in Bur Dubai.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

North of MoE even!
Old Jul 11th 2013, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by commander
I hated the radio add for that nezza place. Enough to make me want to semtex the place. Whinging ozzie ****ers.
Even worse:

Nezzasauzzi

(NZ, SA, Aussie....rolled into one bar)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.