Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Barnasty - 6th best beach bar in world!

Barnasty - 6th best beach bar in world!

Old Jul 11th 2013, 1:12 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barnasty - 6th best beach bar in world!

The missed out The Beach Bar in KL. Nowhere near the beach though...
Old Jul 11th 2013, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
I quite like going down to the Irish Village every now and again but I really do need to go out in Bur Dubai.
It's ****ing awesome in Bur Dubai.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
It's ****ing awesome in Bur Dubai.
Next BE night out?? Good Fellas............ Jockeys........... the one in Ramada (name escapes me).......... we can do a pub crawl to remember and all within three minutes walk of each other........ and I haven't even mentioned the York......

Back to that list of beach bars in the survey: since when was Berlin on a beach???
Old Jul 12th 2013, 6:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The Dean
Next BE night out?? Good Fellas............ Jockeys........... the one in Ramada (name escapes me).......... we can do a pub crawl to remember and all within three minutes walk of each other........ and I haven't even mentioned the York......

Back to that list of beach bars in the survey: since when was Berlin on a beach???
The Mrs flies home this afternoon...I'm available.
Old Jul 12th 2013, 6:31 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

The old vic?
Old Jul 12th 2013, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
The missed out The Beach Bar in KL. Nowhere near the beach though...
thats more a meat market than a bar!
Old Jul 13th 2013, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

The Ship Inn at Low Newton gets my vote.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by commander
The old vic?
The Old Vic in Ramada has gone. Now a fancy named Belgian Bar..........
Old Jul 13th 2013, 5:08 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
Barasti in Dubai is a terrible place , full of recruitment consultants dressed like members of TOWIE whilst clubbing together to buy half a lager . The Jetty Bar on The Palm is more more stylish with less riff raff !
- The Avenger, Dubai, 11/7/2013 14:56
That's a fairly accurate description of the kip especially at night.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 9:34 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Really? I stayed at the Ramada for 3 weeks about 9 years ago and that pub was ace. Some nice food joints in that hotel also.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Barasti was decent before they built the extension . Sometimes when things get too big and popular they lose the things that made them really good in the first place .

It's not a bad spot during the day but the foods gash and when the sun sets it's better to give it a swerve.

No different from The China Jump and Joe Banana's in Wan Chai in HK in the 90's , great bars but just turned into Twatville in the end .
Old Jul 13th 2013, 11:11 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

As long as we end up in Seaview - Great band there you know...

(Everyone I have ever met, as soon as "Seaview" is mentioned ALWAYS same reply "Great band there").
Old Jul 13th 2013, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Really? Blimey - I used to love listening to Red (the guitarist) and that Chinese singer who tried to look about 22 but was actually a grandmother.......... literally........

So - no Old Vic, Red Lion, Rattle Snake, Cyclone, Bunker, etc.......... terribly sad. On the other hand, if they could just close down Fibbers............
Old Jul 13th 2013, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Really? Blimey - I used to love listening to Red (the guitarist) and that Chinese singer who tried to look about 22 but was actually a grandmother.......... literally........

So - no Old Vic, Red Lion, Rattle Snake, Cyclone, Bunker, etc.......... terribly sad. On the other hand, if they could just close down Fibbers............
One day I was in there just after it opened and Red was there organising the placement of speakers etc. Looks like he may still be there after Ramadan? Think I first saw him in Billy Blues years ago!

Guess you could add Humphreys, Dubai Country Club, Arif Castle pubs and some of the joints in The Imperial Suites to that list?

Last edited by Jim Smith; Jul 13th 2013 at 1:17 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kix
As long as we end up in Seaview - Great band there you know...

(Everyone I have ever met, as soon as "Seaview" is mentioned ALWAYS same reply "Great band there").
I get down to Dubai hardly at all these days, but feel Golden Star are not as good as they once were. I guess it's hardly surprising banging on 7 day a week for 11 months a year. I first saw them about 12-13 years ago when they were resident in Arif Castle. Only 3 original members left now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.