Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Bargaining with Dubai Gyms

Bargaining with Dubai Gyms

Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:44 am
Just Joined

boozhy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bargaining with Dubai Gyms

Does anyone know if you can bargain with Dubai gyms re: waiving the initiation fee, rates, etc? And how much can you bargain on the "deals" that they already offer you...
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:58 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bargaining with Dubai Gyms

Originally Posted by boozhy
Does anyone know if you can bargain with Dubai gyms re: waiving the initiation fee, rates, etc? And how much can you bargain on the "deals" that they already offer you...
Always worth a try, nothing ventured nothing gained
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:41 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah we did, said we didn't want to pay the joining fee and the price was too much, they will do anything, we joined ona valenties day special, even though it was 3 weeks before, that was fitness first.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Spugsy
yeah we did, said we didn't want to pay the joining fee and the price was too much, they will do anything, we joined ona valenties day special, even though it was 3 weeks before, that was fitness first.
Can you tell me the details of your joining? Did you pay the joining fee? And what was the monthly rate you settled on?
Old Nov 15th 2008, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Update: At Fitness First, I ended up getting the $199 triple pack fee waived, while retaining the services of the triple pack. But was unsuccessful in lowering the $399 month fee... And paid $199 for joining fee and a ridiculous $199 admin fee.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 3:17 pm
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Update: At Fitness First, I ended up getting the $199 triple pack fee waived, while retaining the services of the triple pack. But was unsuccessful in lowering the $399 month fee... And paid $199 for joining fee and a ridiculous $199 admin fee.
We talkin dollars here man? In that case, I pay much less at fitness first...!
Old Nov 15th 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

wow it costs that much for fitness first??

I'm gonna bring my membership card with me next week
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Simao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really niceSimao is just really nice

Don't you just hate it when everything is "discounted" for 199 and 399 or whatever? I hate it when they give me change back, just take the damn even number and stop acting like you care if I saved money!!
Now that is out of my chest, I think you meant that in dirhams and not dollars. I can't imagine paying as much as 2198 dirhams for a gym. You said its monthly meaning you pay as much as 1468 a month!! That's a lot!! Here in AD we have the most expensive gym (as far as I know) which is the Officer's Club gym. It is probably the best gym here in AD and it costs about 7k dirhams a year for non civilians.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:52 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simao
Don't you just hate it when everything is "discounted" for 199 and 399 or whatever? I hate it when they give me change back, just take the damn even number and stop acting like you care if I saved money!!
Now that is out of my chest, I think you meant that in dirhams and not dollars. I can't imagine paying as much as 2198 dirhams for a gym. You said its monthly meaning you pay as much as 1468 a month!! That's a lot!! Here in AD we have the most expensive gym (as far as I know) which is the Officer's Club gym. It is probably the best gym here in AD and it costs about 7k dirhams a year for non civilians.
my gym at mangrove is better and its free
Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

No, no. That's Dirhams. $399 Dirhams a month after all the administration and joining fees...
Old Nov 16th 2008, 12:37 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

No, no. That's Dirhams. $399 Dirhams a month after all the administration and joining fees...
thats still £70 mind you....