British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   bargain... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/bargain-634799/)

Madam Medusa Oct 9th 2009 2:50 pm

bargain...

...if you book for the burj new year's eve package, you will save 15% so it will cost only 6,332 AED (or 3,166 per child)...before 15 november, whereas if you wait, it's gonna cost 7,450 per adult (or 3,725 per child)...

please tell me they are having a laugh...err...and who the hell would take a child to a new year's eve bash...??

MM, xx

commander Oct 9th 2009 3:01 pm

Re: bargain...

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8003628)
...if you book for the burj new year's eve package, you will save 15% so it will cost only 6,332 AED (or 3,166 per child)...before 15 november, whereas if you wait, it's gonna cost 7,450 per adult (or 3,725 per child)...

please tell me they are having a laugh...err...and who the hell would take a child to a new year's eve bash...??

MM, xx

people will still go though...unfortunately..

Madam Medusa Oct 9th 2009 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8003651)
people will still go though...unfortunately..

muppets then...i'm not adverse to a high spend night out, but even i would baulk at this, it's over a thousand quid, i mean, geez...

MM, xx

The Dean Oct 9th 2009 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8003670)
muppets then...i'm not adverse to a high spend night out, but even i would baulk at this, it's over a thousand quid, i mean, geez...

MM, xx

That price includes the night in the Presidential Suite? Or just a deluxe room?

Madam Medusa Oct 9th 2009 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8003711)
That price includes the night in the Presidential Suite? Or just a deluxe room?

hahaha, you would think so, but no...

MM, xx

The Dean Oct 9th 2009 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8003716)
hahaha, you would think so, but no...

MM, xx

Haven't been back there since I was entertained by the nice chaps from Lloyds TSB who took me to that underground retaurant jobby with the fishtank for a wall - and they served a wine at around 800 quid a bottle - which turned out to be corked.

All credit to them, they replaced it without a quibble.

They lost money that night.............

Blue Cat Oct 10th 2009 5:03 am

MM, xx

total madness!!

commander Oct 10th 2009 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 8003670)

MM, xx

who is it that will spend that though? not your average expat surely?

rich russians?

The Dean Oct 10th 2009 6:28 am

Originally Posted by commander (Post 8005489)
who is it that will spend that though? not your average expat surely?

rich russians?

It will be cancelled on about 18 Dec.............

Patsy Stoned Oct 10th 2009 7:33 am

MM, xx

I got that email too MM, I was going to book for you, Mr MM, my 2 nearly God children, me, my mother and a friend..are you saying you don't want to come??:D

The Dean Oct 10th 2009 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8005593)
I got that email too MM, I was going to book for you, Mr MM, my 2 nearly God children, me, my mother and a friend..are you saying you don't want to come??:D

Let's screw the bastards...........

.......... let's all book and then cancel just before the deposit is due to be paid.

Blue Cat Oct 10th 2009 10:26 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8005797)

.......... let's all book and then cancel just before the deposit is due to be paid.

yeah go on, try and book it our user names, it would go like this, can we have 20 rooms for NYE please ....

Patsy Stoned and family
MM and family
BC and family
would be well funny if they took the booking!

Patsy Stoned Oct 10th 2009 10:44 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 8005797)

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8005808)
yeah go on, try and book it our user names, it would go like this, can we have 20 rooms for NYE please ....

Patsy Stoned and family
MM and family
BC and family

lol!!

Blue Cat Oct 10th 2009 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned (Post 8005848)
lol!!

next time I make a reservation for anywhere I am going to say Blue Cat, try it Patsy and see what reaction (if any) you get !! I bet we could all get away with it !

Madam Medusa Oct 10th 2009 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 8005808)

Patsy Stoned and family
MM and family
BC and family

hahaha, can you imagine...guess for that sort of price though they require a credit card...

i still can't quite see who would go to this...can't imagine it being a fun evening either...

MM, xx