Bar Zar - Madinat?

Old Apr 21st 2011, 6:40 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bar Zar - Madinat?

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I lived 6 years in Oud Metha (if you even know where that is?)... I did really like it there, unlike you, I do like speaking to my neighbors, the local shop keepers, the laundrette guys, the local pub etc...

I still go back every weekend as the dry cleaners are the best in the city for one.

Having said all that - we are really enjoying living in the Marina for the last couple of months.

You can like both I guess...

Would I live in the old part of town again - maybe if the right place came up - I'd love to live walking distance to Satwa....
I thought Satwa was great, until I started working there - I'm sick of it now.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 1:28 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Actually, I would. I lived in the equivalent area in Abu Dhabi and loved it. Apartment living was OK until mini could run - now we need more space hence the AR. We'd like to move to Jumeriah 1/ Satwa although the issue now is that Mini is settled in the Springs and it's just too much of a pain in the ass to find a new school.

Anyway, who said I was driving there? I'll drive to the DIFC, park here and get the train.
I am with you totally, we did about 10 years in Satwa and I loved it, we only moved because the Landlord tried to double our rent and it was before the Rent Committee was set up. I regret it to this day.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 1:31 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I thought Satwa was great, until I started working there - I'm sick of it now.
why?
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 6:53 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
why?
It's just a pain, no decent shops or places to eat.
Old Apr 23rd 2011, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Chris_m is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry but nowhere good to eat in Satwa!!! Go to Ravi's it's the best most honest restaurant you will find in Dubai if you enjoy a good curry and to boot it's cheap as chips .
Old Apr 24th 2011, 3:18 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris_m
Sorry but nowhere good to eat in Satwa!!! Go to Ravi's it's the best most honest restaurant you will find in Dubai if you enjoy a good curry and to boot it's cheap as chips .
Is that place still going? Excellent. I went there last time I was in Dubai and thought it was fantastic.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 4:55 am
Concierge

what? there are tons of places in Satwa to eat, Diyafa actually means hospitality in Arabic. Try Beruit, and one of the best pizza places we like is right next to you.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 5:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
what? there are tons of places in Satwa to eat, Diyafa actually means hospitality in Arabic. Try Beruit, and one of the best pizza places we like is right next to you.
yeah and al mallah has great food, with fab shawarma, and rydges has a good italian and indian too...

MM, xx
Old Apr 24th 2011, 5:33 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yeah and al mallah has great food, with fab shawarma, and rydges has a good italian and indian too...

MM, xx
El Rustico, we went there for years, great food. There are tons of places, even that little Philipino place near Rydges does a fab cheap steak and chips
Old Apr 24th 2011, 6:39 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Then you need to walk into Satwa proper. You are right at the edge.

Anyway, within a stones throw are Saladicious, Dominos pizza and my favourite Korean place, not to mention all the restaurants on Al Diyafa Street.

When I think about it, you are actually spoiled for choice, if you compare it to where most people work.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 7:09 am