Bar Zar - Madinat?

Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:05 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bar Zar - Madinat?

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Scmp- tell the restaurant its your gfs birthday! She'll like that lol
Arf! They'll give her a chocolate mousse cake and if you don't want it there and then they'll box it so you can take it home.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:25 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Arf! They'll give her a chocolate mousse cake and if you don't want it there and then they'll box it so you can take it home.
Yeah but whatever you do, don't try to go back to Bar Zar with a cake. Of all the things they don't allow in there - is a cake. FFS... (right Meow!)
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Yeah but whatever you do, don't try to go back to Bar Zar with a cake. Of all the things they don't allow in there - is a cake. FFS... (right Meow!)
Nasty weapons, those cakes!!
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

So you aren't going to take our advice and get away from the shinier and more shallow parts of Dubai then?
I thought all of Dubai was shiny and shallow?

To be honest, the mrs want's to see the fountains, I want meat, my friends lives next to the Khalifa - more convenience I think...

Is Deira worth a visit on Friday morning for the souks to show her a bit of old Dubai??
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Not quite cake, but a bloke tried to walk past/through the seating area of Bar Zar with his son, daughter and wife to get to the other side...was stopped by the staff because kids were underage.

Bit narrow minded but give a man a branded polo shirt and a cap and he's the boss...haha
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:41 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Scamp
I thought all of Dubai was shiny and shallow?
To be honest, the mrs want's to see the fountains, I want meat, my friends lives next to the Khalifa - more convenience I think...

Is Deira worth a visit on Friday morning for the souks to show her a bit of old Dubai??
No, which is what we told you. The Marina, Madinat and Burj Khalifa are not representative of the whole place. Much of Deira will be shut on Friday until 4.00pm. Take a walk along the creek though, or have a proper drive around as traffic is light on a Friday morning.

Although it seems many people never bother to find out, there is more to Dubai than shiny buildings and shopping malls.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 7:48 am
Account Closed

No, which is what we told you. The Marina, Madinat and Burj Khalifa are not representative of the whole place. Much of Deira will be shut on Friday until 4.00pm. Take a walk along the creek though, or have a proper drive around as traffic is light on a Friday morning.

Although it seems many people never bother to find out, there is more to Dubai than shiny buildings and shopping malls.
A lot to still explore - only been here two weeks!

Will eventually get around to most places I should think...
Old Apr 21st 2011, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
A lot to still explore - only been here two weeks!

Will eventually get around to most places I should think...
Go to Bur Dubai side of the creek very early and get yourself a Cardamom chai and potato dosa for breakfast , take the Abra across to Deira and wander along the moorings and watch the Dhows unload.

One of the best and cheapest things you'll ever do in Dubai , you'll get more out of that than being in the Barasti Bar with a load tw**s.....

The sad thing is not many people get to see the real Dubai . The creek is where Dubai evolved and where it's trade began. Real people , real life....and also real smells...!
Old Apr 21st 2011, 8:09 am