Ban them and cast out the zealots
33.33%
Dont ban them their amusing in an annoying way
66.67%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Bans Poll

Old May 18th 2008, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bans Poll

Originally Posted by Eva
Disagree SYB,kicking any addictive substance licet or otherwise ain't a walk in the park.Besides I kinda get the impression from reading WIM's posts, thc was the entry level............
Many people take refuge/comfort/strength in/from faith-good luck to them-me? weetabix and irn bru do the trick
What gives you that impression? I was never addicted to anything else. But thanks for your words of kindness.

I love Weetabix with warm milk and 3 spoons of sugar.

First, woow high expectations. But i will not fail you.
Old May 18th 2008, 5:27 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Worldismine
What gives you that impression? I was never addicted to anything else. But thanks for your words of kindness.

I love Weetabix with warm milk and 3 spoons of sugar.

First, woow high expectations. But i will not fail you.

Ooooh, I dunno-sorry for reading too much into it. Just, my experience(not personal) is the curiosity/dabbling factor. Have met a lot of people who started with a halfhalfq of black and progressed to powders fairly swiftly.

Weetabix and blueberry yoghurt-the only way to go!

Good luck with the 1st
Old May 18th 2008, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Eva
Ooooh, I dunno-sorry for reading too much into it. Just, my experience(not personal) is the curiosity/dabbling factor. Have met a lot of people who started with a halfhalfq of black and progressed to powders fairly swiftly.

Weetabix and blueberry yoghurt-the only way to go!

Good luck with the 1st
Yep, the curiosity factor. I did dabble on occasions. With them things the down is what will either get you addicted or, as in my case, stop you from doing it.
Old May 18th 2008, 5:52 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Worldismine
Yep, the curiosity factor. I did dabble on occasions. With them things the down is what will either get you addicted or, as in my case, stop you from doing it.
Okay, its all good then.Now go finish your assignment.
Old May 18th 2008, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't eaten weetabix in years, but now you come to mention it i can almost taste the flakes.... but what about that last one in the packet that's turned to powder.... And you gotta eat those suckers quickly before they turn to mush.

4 espresso and 8 camel lights is the only thing that starts my engine in the morning these days....

But, hmm, a full english - what a way to start the day.

{let's see if we can fall out over breakfast menus.....}
Old May 18th 2008, 6:39 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Haven't eaten weetabix in years, but now you come to mention it i can almost taste the flakes.... but what about that last one in the packet that's turned to powder.... And you gotta eat those suckers quickly before they turn to mush.

4 espresso and 8 camel lights is the only thing that starts my engine in the morning these days....
But, hmm, a full english - what a way to start the day.

{let's see if we can fall out over breakfast menus.....}

How's the Yoga?

Temple is it that body of yours?
Old May 18th 2008, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
How's the Yoga?

Temple is it that body of yours?
My temple???? Lemme tell ya, Dionysus & Bacchus came around with a host of whirling dervishes, a couple of shamen & the ghost of Jim Morrisson. Trashed the place, totally....

Maybe I could come worship at yours instead?
Old May 18th 2008, 7:09 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My temple???? Lemme tell ya, Dionysus & Bacchus came around with a host of whirling dervishes, a couple of shamen & the ghost of Jim Morrisson. Trashed the place, totally....

Maybe I could come worship at yours instead?
Hahahahahahaha- well mine is just being finished off subject to grant aided post Periclean Building Programme.14 tonnes of weetabix to complete it and not a Doric column in sight-or vestal virgins for that matter-coz its a Greek Temple.Tis also a no - smoking temple.Best to bring Bacchus and the boys around me thinks-so long as no spillages-we'll all be singing about Jericho if the weetabix gets spilled on
Old May 18th 2008, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eva
Hahahahahahaha- well mine is just being finished off subject to grant aided post Periclean Building Programme.14 tonnes of weetabix to complete it and not a Doric column in sight-or vestal virgins for that matter-coz its a Greek Temple.Tis also a no - smoking temple.Best to bring Bacchus and the boys around me thinks-so long as no spillages-we'll all be singing about Jericho if the weetabix gets spilled on
Ah you went for the venerable Doric style..... Me, I woulda gone for the more ornate corinthian capitals and fluted waist- but I am prone to flashy asian tastes.... Probably best not go picking soft furnishings together.....

But a gentleman never spills on the weetabix....
Old May 20th 2008, 4:05 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
Vote on Eyore banning the Beardy one and Worldismine, we now have about 700 posts of utter bollocks courtesy of two muppets who i dont think any of us would miss.
What !! no way ..The medieval ones are great entertainment
Old May 20th 2008, 4:16 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

Remember the words of Voltaire, old chum.....
Would you remind me please. Or even tell me for the first time. I could only ever cope with Descartes because I liked the adjectival form of his name if indeed Cartesian pertained to him. I thought it did so presumably it did.
Old May 20th 2008, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Old Lob
Would you remind me please. Or even tell me for the first time. I could only ever cope with Descartes because I liked the adjectival form of his name if indeed Cartesian pertained to him. I thought it did so presumably it did.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Though these words are regularly attributed to Voltaire, they were first used by Evelyn Beatrice Hall, writing under the pseudonym of Stephen G Tallentyre in The Friends of Voltaire (1906), as a summation of Voltaire's beliefs on freedom of thought and expression.
Another possible source for the quote was proposed by Norbert Guterman, editor of "A Book of French Quotations," who noted a letter to M. le Riche (February 6, 1770) in which Voltaire is quoted as saying: "Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write" ("Monsieur l'abbé, je déteste ce que vous écrivez, mais je donnerai ma vie pour que vous puissiez continuer à écrire"). This remark, however, does not appear in the letter.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Voltaire

Last edited by jvr20; May 20th 2008 at 5:14 am. Reason: fix quotes
Old May 20th 2008, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jvr20
Thank you, kind sir .

FWIW - this from John Stuart Mill's "On Liberty":

Were an opinion a personal possession of no value except to the owner; if to be obstructed in the enjoyment of it were simply a private injury, it would make some difference whether the injury was inflicted only on a few persons or on many. But the peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it.

If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error.

(full text http://www.bartleby.com/people/Mill-JS.html)
Old May 20th 2008, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I see that the "off with their heads" brigade is catching up at the polls...now only 40:60 in favour of keeping their heads ( was 15:85 early doors)...could be a dead heat.
Old May 21st 2008, 11:06 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

bump

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.