33.33%
Dont ban them their amusing in an annoying way
66.67%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Bans Poll

Old May 18th 2008, 5:40 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bans Poll

Originally Posted by shiva
Point taken people. I stand corrected. However I would point out that people have been banned for far far less on BE.

Ignore button it is then

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Order is restored. You are back up there as one of my
favorite posters.Glad the concussion has passed!
x
Old May 18th 2008, 5:46 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Point taken people. I stand corrected. However I would point out that people have been banned for far far less on BE.

Ignore button it is then
that's (maybe) because the mods in the past have not always been impartial...
Old May 18th 2008, 5:50 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, Order is restored. You are back up there as one of my
favorite posters.Glad the concussion has passed!
x

thx but concussion not passed im merely succumbing to democracy and maintain my right to believe they should be banned.

A gentleman called Balushi was banned long ago and on reflection he came in no way close to causing as much trouble and disharmony as Beard Man. He was also an Emirati not that it makes any difference
There have been numerous other examples including myself (temporary ban), it seems the latest intake on BE are a lot more tollerant of nonsense
Old May 18th 2008, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be in favour of a ban on bad grammar.

Dont ban them their amusing in an annoying way
Old May 18th 2008, 5:51 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
that's (maybe) because the mods in the past have not always been impartial...

perhaps but when things were an open war between "internet factions" and "rival websites" it was bloody ridiculous. 2-3 bans put an end to it all. nuff said
Old May 18th 2008, 5:52 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by jvr20
I'd be in favour of a ban on bad grammar.
so would I were i able to use punctuation or spell check
Old May 18th 2008, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree. Banning them would send out the wrong signals. They have not posted anything insulting. They have the right to their views. Unfortunately they don't want anyone else to have the same right.
Old May 18th 2008, 6:02 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps but when things were an open war between "internet factions" and "rival websites" it was bloody ridiculous. 2-3 bans put an end to it all. nuff said
ah...but that was another matter altoghether...the whole war between the websites was doing harm plus it was utterly pointless...but in the case of individual posters that have opinions that are not those of the 'majority' a ban would be totally wrong.
I do think a minimum amount of moderation on a site is the way to go, and in that respect I think *Eyeore* is doing just fine. Let the people fend for themselves...It's a bit childish to run to daddy everytime anyone says something that you don't agree with.
Old May 18th 2008, 6:49 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

thx but concussion not passed im merely succumbing to democracy and maintain my right to believe they should be banned.

A gentleman called Balushi was banned long ago and on reflection he came in no way close to causing as much trouble and disharmony as Beard Man. He was also an Emirati not that it makes any difference
There have been numerous other examples including myself (temporary ban), it seems the latest intake on BE are a lot more tollerant of nonsense

Poor Balushi, I liked him-misunderstood he was.Yes of course you are perfectly entitled to believe folks should be banned and maintain so.We,the newbies have a right to be less judgemental of what you,clearly well read and erudite assess as nonsense.We are all on different planes...........
Old May 18th 2008, 7:12 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Vote on Eyore banning the Beardy one and Worldismine, we now have about 700 posts of utter bollocks courtesy of two muppets who i dont think any of us would miss.
I forgot to unsubscribe from these BM threads with over 700 posts - I just had to clear out 437 emails from my email inbox.

Not sure how to avoid this.

When you make a post to a thread do you have to go to the bottom of the page and 'unsubscribe' from the thread so as not to receive emails??
Old May 18th 2008, 7:14 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MacScot
I forgot to unsubscribe from these BM threads with over 700 posts - I just had to clear out 437 emails from my email inbox.

Not sure how to avoid this.

When you make a post to a thread do you have to go to the bottom of the page and 'unsubscribe' from the thread so as not to receive emails??
Nope, you can do it in your profile options....
Old May 18th 2008, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

I have for the first time used my ignore button!!.....and once again all is right with the world! aaaaaah.
Old May 18th 2008, 7:36 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

I found Balushi to be quite entertaining - in all of his re-incarnations.
Old May 18th 2008, 8:36 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Vote on Eyore banning the Beardy one and Worldismine, we now have about 700 posts of utter bollocks courtesy of two muppets who i dont think any of us would miss.
i agree with you

lets ban them LOL
Old May 18th 2008, 8:39 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Bans Poll

Originally Posted by Meow
Can we add to that list?

-

may i know who else you wana add

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.